Getting things done: BlackBerry and Filofax-filo2a.jpg

Ladies and Gents,

owning a BlackBerry is mostly or getting things done. Many hipsters and young people these days, aren't aware or respecting a great fountain pen and a FiloFax!

Now guess what! I am a proud FiloFax user! I love the combination of digital and writing stuff on paper. When you out of power and your device says good-bye, you always can rely on your trusty FiloFax! Adress, calendar, notes, etc! It is a pure pleasure! Don't rely only on your electronic device.

I also have a fountain pen from Waterman! It is a pleasure to write on it! Checking my appointments and to-do's on a FiloFax are a pure joy.

I also have seen successful people, CEO or even on TV using a trusty FiloFax. Yes, even in these digital tech times, nothing beats a FiloFax. As a professional I can confirm that the best way to organize your life is still a paper based planner and this will probably never change. Smartphones are great for storing thousands of contacts or calendar entries. But there is nothing like writing down your personal vision and goals with a nice pen and then track your progress in a Filofax (or similar product) or personalize it to suit your needs.

While a smartphone makes you more efficient, a Filofax makes you more effective.

Life is analog.

So, any CB-users with a FiloFax here?
    stevobbm and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    11-30-14 07:38 PM
    Ummm... The reason why I got a BlackBerry was to replace my Filofax. I wouldn't go back to using one.

But hey, to each his own.

Posted from an ME173X
    bronco26 likes this.
    11-30-14 07:43 PM
    Ummm... The reason why I got a BlackBerry was to replace my Filofax. I wouldn't go back to using one.

But hey, to each his own.

Posted from an ME173X
    Interesting, sir. So you completely rely on your BB? I have the FiloFax since 2008! At the beginning I had the first iPhone along with the FiloFax! Great Combo! Since 2011 I replaced the iphone with BlackBerry! Since then I tried digital with the analog! I guess sometimes seeing stuff on paper is much more effective! It looks good, and just make fun.

How was your experience with the FiloFax? No look back?
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    11-30-14 07:47 PM
    Interesting, sir. So you completely rely on your BB? I have the FiloFax since 2008! At the beginning I had the first iPhone along with the FiloFax! Great Combo! Since 2011 I replaced the iphone with BlackBerry! Since then I tried digital with the analog! I guess sometimes seeing stuff on paper is much more effective! It looks good, and just make fun.

How was your experience with the FiloFax? No look back?
    I actually transitioned from Filofax to Palm (Tungsten?), and then to BlackBerry. For me it's much easier now to organize and update all my work-related stuff.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-30-14 08:02 PM
    I actually transitioned from Filofax to Palm (Tungsten?), and then to BlackBerry. For me it's much easier now to organize and update all my work-related stuff.

Posted from an ME173X
    Makes absolutely sense.

I use my FiloFax as a combo with the BlackBerry. And I love being organised and using my fountain pen. It really works.

Of course you can do everything with a BlackBerry. Sure. But the combo works here too. In business meetings I love checking stuff or writing notes.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:06 PM

Posted from an ME173X
    So did I!! I rely on my Q10 now. Small, compact and practical.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-30-14 10:09 PM
    I use a Franklin planner way back in the day with a beautiful Monte Blanc fountain pen. Then I bought a smartphone and never looked back. Still have the fountain pen though.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-01-14 03:59 AM
    I have noticed that the quality of my handwriting has declined steadily since 2011, when I got my first BlackBerry (Torch 9810). As I became more comfortable typing quick notes in Memos, setting appointments in the Calendar and communicating entirely electronically, even when my employees were nearby, I spent less and less time actually writing stuff down.

Even taking notes during a phonecall, I put the call on speaker and type away.

Recently, however, I got a Windows tablet with a pen, and I've been writing notes in OneNote. What a mess! OCR doesn't stand a chance recognising my scribbles. So I've been working on once again improving my handwriting (something I haven?t faced since the early 1970's, when I was in elementary school).

As for a Filofax and a Waterford pen - what a nice anachronism, but not for me. A nice pen is still useful for sending out personal invitations, cards and thank-you notes.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-01-14 10:16 AM
    I dumped my paper organizer way back in the Palm Pilot era and I haven't looked back. It's nice to write on paper diaries when I'm travelling, combining written entries with ticket stubs, random bits etc. but that's a hobby now. I'd love to have a decent travel diary app with good writing support and photo/video/audio integration.
    12-01-14 11:50 AM
    I love using my fountain pen to write my journal - although Waterman pens have nibs that are too rigid for me. I have an Omas Doric with a gold, flexible nib.

As far as keeping appointment info I find my Passport does it just fine. Your point about "what if" is valid, however. A paper version is always a good idea. :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-01-14 12:05 PM
    Really nice and quality posts here, fine Sirs. Thanks for sharing.
    12-01-14 03:38 PM
    And today I learned what a Filofax is.

Looks like my day timer but the name sounds more retro.

I can't do my job without my daytimer. Some times things go wrong and you gotta look back. Flipping backwards through the days jogs the memory better than anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:22 PM
    I transitioned from a Filofax to a small leather-bound notebook a while back. I would jot down notes throughout the day and when time permitted, would transfer them into my Bold.

Still, I do understand the need for writing on a sheet of paper and having something tangible in front of you.

Although I use only a Cross pen, I have someone on my staff to transcribe my notes for me and sync them to my BB10s now. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:58 AM
    I've heard there's a phone for people who like to write things.
    12-02-14 02:02 AM
    I am a huge fountain pen buff. I read many great brands here.

I decided to buy Waterman pens. As mentioned I write my stuff down on my FiloFax. These days, it is time to buy refills.

That's were check in my FiloFax what happened this year. And wow. As time goes by. Many appointments, things, etc.

Also, I do have a moleskin journalist block. Quality paper of course. This is for writing huge sketches, notes, etc. Some kind of a diary. I have it still from 2011. Important notes, dreams, visions, etc.

It is very important to write on paper. Of course, nothing beats being digital and I love my BlackBerry. But as a Gentlemen, it is important to have a good handwriting and not rely 100% on digital.

It is an art. A statement of style. Seeing a pen and filofax on a paper has something special.

Also writing letters at the end of the year to special people. I buy quality paper and thank people for being special to me.

There is something about quality pens like Cross, Waterman, Mont Blanc, Parker, etc. Making notes in your pocket diary, Filofax or Moleskin. It's really magic.

And as stated. Sometimes it's good to switch back the papers you have written something. It refreshes your memory.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, fine Sirs.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:41 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filo2a.jpg 
Views:	1198 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	317878

Ladies and Gents,

owning a BlackBerry is mostly or getting things done. Many hipsters and young people these days, aren't aware or respecting a great fountain pen and a FiloFax!

Now guess what! I am a proud FiloFax user! I love the combination of digital and writing stuff on paper. When you out of power and your device says good-bye, you always can rely on your trusty FiloFax! Adress, calendar, notes, etc! It is a pure pleasure! Don't rely only on your electronic device.

I also have a fountain pen from Waterman! It is a pleasure to write on it! Checking my appointments and to-do's on a FiloFax are a pure joy.

I also have seen successful people, CEO or even on TV using a trusty FiloFax. Yes, even in these digital tech times, nothing beats a FiloFax. As a professional I can confirm that the best way to organize your life is still a paper based planner and this will probably never change. Smartphones are great for storing thousands of contacts or calendar entries. But there is nothing like writing down your personal vision and goals with a nice pen and then track your progress in a Filofax (or similar product) or personalize it to suit your needs.

While a smartphone makes you more efficient, a Filofax makes you more effective.

Life is analog.

So, any CB-users with a FiloFax here?
    You are the man, man! Fountain pens are sweet and it's unfortunate to see writing going out the window. I agree with you that a Filofax can certainly complement a device.... there's nothing like having a hard copy!!!!!

Also for your next fountain pen, I suggest the Lamy Safari. It's $30 plus the converter if you use bottled ink, and it writes like a $300 pen!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:31 AM
    You are the man, man! Fountain pens are sweet and it's unfortunate to see writing going out the window. I agree with you that a Filofax can certainly complement a device.... there's nothing like having a hard copy!!!!!

Also for your next fountain pen, I suggest the Lamy Safari. It's $30 plus the converter if you use bottled ink, and it writes like a $300 pen!

Posted via CB10
    Bestest friend. I thank you! I am sure a BlackBerry and a Filofax are a great combo! I just purchased a 2015 refill creme white! Looks great and as you said: Writing with a fountain pen is just awesome.

I know Lamy! They writing delicious. But when it comes to fountain pens, I guess each should choose his brand. Mont Blanc was way to expensive and way too overhyped. I chose Waterman. I got a Waterman Expert. Delicious writing.

I always carry my Waterman pens around. I hate taking used pens or plastic pens from people when I have to sign something. You never know. So I always have a Waterman around me.
    12-02-14 12:57 PM
    Bestest friend. I thank you! I am sure a BlackBerry and a Filofax are a great combo! I just purchased a 2015 refill creme white! Looks great and as you said: Writing with a fountain pen is just awesome.

I know Lamy! They writing delicious. But when it comes to fountain pens, I guess each should choose his brand. Mont Blanc was way to expensive and way too overhyped. I chose Waterman. I got a Waterman Expert. Delicious writing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

I always carry my Waterman pens around. I hate taking used pens or plastic pens from people when I have to sign something. You never know. So I always have a Waterman around me.
    Beautiful pen, Waterman has been a brand I've wanted to venture into, but I don't quite have the funds to get there yet.
    I carry around a Pilot Metropolitan for everyday use, but you've inspired me to start saving up, that pen really is gorgeous!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:21 PM
    Anybody on fountain pen forums? Nice pens.
    12-02-14 01:27 PM
    Anybody on fountain pen forums? Nice pens.
    The good part about CB, that we can make such a thread.

Do you guys are also into EDC??? Here: everyday carry?

There is a fine blog where gentlemen post their everyday carry: Pen, keys, watches, bags, Sun glasses, lighter, knives, etc. It is bestest!
    12-02-14 02:05 PM
    As far as adding the personal touch, signing with your own pen is the ultimate gentleman's signature.

My father always told me to always sign my name with my own pen. I didn't realize the gravity of it at the time when I was young.

Anyway, "old school" might be the new term but "classy" was always my term of choice.

Fine pens, leather bound books, and suits never go out of style.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:07 PM
    I have a trusty Moleskin that I carry with me to jot down thoughts, sketches, etc. I like a decent pen, but I have not jumped into purchasing anything too nice yet. I think this thread may change my mind!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:24 PM
    As far as adding the personal touch, signing with your own pen is the ultimate gentleman's signature.

My father always told me to always sign my name with my own pen. I didn't realize the gravity of it at the time when I was young.

Anyway, "old school" might be the new term but "classy" was always my term of choice.

Fine pens, leather bound books, and suits never go out of style.

Posted via CB10
    You said everything in one sentence! It is a totally gentlemens signature! Like Churchhill or other presidents. They always sign with nice pens, and not with free walmart plastic pens, which 100 of people touched before,.... yuck !!!!

People get amazed when I get out my pen. It is a thing from the old days! But it has class in a way. "Sign here, please!" Yes, no problem! And there is my pen
    12-02-14 03:48 PM
    Thanks guys, for sharing.

I still have a huge pile of incoherent notes and post-its everywhere, this might change the situation... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-02-14 03:48 PM
    Thanks guys, for sharing.

I still have a huge pile of incoherent notes and post-its everywhere, this might change the situation... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    Prem, with a nice pen and FiloFax you always know when being "FIRST" in life
    12-02-14 03:50 PM
39 12