I have tried many times and others have tried with my phone (8700) to send or receive ring tones. I even took my BB8700 to the ATT store and they could not figure it out either. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to do that? We can get the phones to pair but we never can get the tones to transfer.
    08-26-07 02:08 PM
    Go here, and get a ringtone, as a test, and it will email to your BlackBerry.
    08-26-07 04:47 PM
    How I get free ringtones, is I to go mobile sites that give free ringtones, such as mobile9.com. Once I listened to it on my computer, I then log on to their wap site through my browser and go from there. You can download as many ringtones as you like. Their site is always updated with new notifiers and ringers. My favorite site to get downloads.
    08-26-07 07:48 PM
    I know how to download ring tones to my 8700. I need to know how someone can get from my 8700 to their phone via blue tooth.

sw723
    08-27-07 07:52 AM
    I wished you'd made that clearer from the offset...
    08-27-07 07:58 AM
    Sorry, I thought it was clear. Do you have an answer?
    08-27-07 08:25 PM
    It is not possible to transfer files via bluetooth. Sorry.
    08-27-07 08:36 PM
    If you have OS 4.2 on the device then you can transfer small mp3 files (less than 2.86Mb) to the device memory of the 8700. You'll need to have OS 4.2 and have bluetooth and Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 setup on your computer, as well. With the latest Desktop Manager you can use media manager to transfer ringtones via usb, also.

You can also do it from another phone. Pair the two phones. Then go to the media app then browse to the folder to receive the file into. Then click the wheel and select "receive using bluetooth." Then send from the other phone.
    08-29-07 11:47 PM
    I know how to download ring tones to my 8700. I need to know how someone can get from my 8700 to their phone via blue tooth.

sw723
    Johns instructions are correct, although in your case you will be needing to use the ''send using bluetooth'' option rather then ''recieve using bluetooth'' as you are wanting to SEND from your 8700 rather the recieve
    08-31-07 03:19 AM

sw723
    If you don't already have an OS v.4.2.#.###, then you need to upgrade your platform. Once you have that, all you have to do is go to your Media Icon on your homescreen, select the Ringtones folder, find your ringtone that you want to send under the Device Memory Folder and then select. Click your trackwheel and find the option "Send Using Bluetooth" and that should be it. No USB, nothing else. Just keep in mind that any ringtone that is under the Preloaded Ringtones folder, you cannot send since these are locked ringers.
    08-31-07 08:00 AM
    How do I know if I have OS 4.2 on the phone? and If I do not, where do I get it?

Where do I get Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 ?

I know I have bluetooth because I have an ear piece
    08-31-07 10:37 AM
    "send" "receive"....what's the difference, right? Yeah, obviously I missed which direction you were going with the ringtone. Thanks for catching that Bla1ze!
    08-31-07 11:41 PM
    How do I know if I have OS 4.2 on the phone? and If I do not, where do I get it?

Where do I get Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 ?

I know I have bluetooth because I have an ear piece
    settings/options/about will list your version, and desktop software can be downloaded here
    09-01-07 04:58 AM
    Thanks for info. Now where would I get OS 4.2 for the phone?
    09-02-07 08:51 AM
    Log into your carriers website, and see if it's listed there. Also, if you search on here, (CrackBerry.com) I'm sure various versions of 4.2.* are listed...
    09-02-07 09:20 AM
    hi,
    ok so Im a little confused by what everyone is saying but so far what I have is dowloaded the ringtone I want for my BB (from crackberry.com) as well as dowloaded the latest Desktop Manager for BB from the BB website.
    However, everytime I open the desktop manager and plug in the usb from my BB to the PC, the desktop manager just says no device connected AND the screen on my blackberry just goes to the waiting signal (the turning sand hour glass thingy) and thats it.
    Anyone know what is wrong with either my BB or the desktop manager so that I can get ringtones on my BB?

thanks!
    11-13-07 08:09 PM
    hi,
    ok so Im a little confused by what everyone is saying but so far what I have is dowloaded the ringtone I want for my BB (from crackberry.com) as well as dowloaded the latest Desktop Manager for BB from the BB website.
    However, everytime I open the desktop manager and plug in the usb from my BB to the PC, the desktop manager just says no device connected AND the screen on my blackberry just goes to the waiting signal (the turning sand hour glass thingy) and thats it.
    Anyone know what is wrong with either my BB or the desktop manager so that I can get ringtones on my BB?

thanks!
    I agree, there does not seem to be a clear and concise way to do the O.S. upgrade for those of us who have not had a blackberry from the berry beginning
    I work with computers all day long and we always make sure that the end user understands completely what we are having them do, be it with written instructions or a cd with spoken word on it. We have a lot of international workers that all have to work together and sometimes have a very hard time understanding each other.

I was able to email a couple of ringtones to my bb8700 but when I tried to open them it told me that they were an unrecognized format.
    do the 8700s' not recongnize mp3 files?
    01-11-08 11:46 PM
    you can also try umnet to get free ringtones.
    01-15-08 04:58 AM
    01-15-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD