thats ducking awful!
    03-27-14 08:45 AM
    Z30 lasts me two full days.

Way better phone then the z10.

But it sounds like u wanted and excuse to get the new HTC phone

So go get it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:57 AM
    been getting 24 hours with 20% left moderate use. been running 10.3 for the last 2 days and battery use is higher but as i get the settings fine tuned and it settles has been getting better and seeing 16 hours which for an alpha build will do me.
    03-27-14 09:03 AM
    I'm due for upgrade myself, have att also, I figured I would try another phone also. BlackBerry only has z3 coming and q20 I don't like physical keyboard so I won't be getting that one and i have the next program so by the time z50 comes out I will be due for upgrade again. So makes sense for me. Have a feeling a lot of people are going to be doing this.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:05 AM
    been getting 24 hours with 20% left moderate use. been running 10.3 for the last 2 days and battery use is higher but as i get the settings fine tuned and it settles has been getting better and seeing 16 hours which for an alpha build will do me.
    You must have one of those magical Z10's that last all day. Either that or your idea of moderate usage to most people would be not using the phone at all. There is no way an 1800mAh battery is lasting 24 hours, it's just not humanly possible unless you are turning off every single feature of the phone and just letting it sit on a desk for the entire day.
    Rello and MADBRADNYC like this.
    03-27-14 09:09 AM
    Don't see the need for these posts go who cares.. If you think the z10 sucks if your going iphone it's way worse..

The HTC flop is just that and being heavily promoted to try to get people to buy it..

Z10 isn't that bad plenty of ways to conserve the juice.

I'd sooner buy a bigger battery then use the cluster f called android.
    I'm sorry but if you have to "conserve battery" then whats the point of all the features on the phone? You can love BB10 but don't make excuses for poor hardware decisions by BB.
    03-27-14 09:24 AM
    I'm sorry but if you have to "conserve battery" then whats the point of all the features on the phone? You can love BB10 but don't make excuses for poor hardware decisions by BB.
    That's. Silly excuse. Bb10 has nfc, but if you aren't using nfc... what's the point of turning it on?

Gotta think past the face value of statements

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-27-14 09:36 AM
    I don't know how you use your device or which settings you have, but the Z10 can have a good battery life.
    Sure, if you are hardcore user, play lots of games or use it heavly for medias like YouTube, videos or internet browsing you can suck down the battery under a hand full of hours.
    Therefor the Z30 is the better device.

But it is still possible to keep it running for over 15-20 hours with one charge.

There are some tricks for that like:
    1.) turning down display brightness from maximum to a still acceptable brightness
    2.) set down the display timeout to 20sec. or less
    3.) overview your accouts: Do you really need pushmail for all your accounts? (pushmail sucks a lot of battery)
    4.) Do you always need 4G/LTE on for all the time? (it should only kick in for maximum browsing pleasure or down/uploading big files) - for the rest 3G is totally fine! Or if you just wanna text (messenger or emails without attachments) or having it in your pocket to be available 2G/EDGE even is totally fine.
    5.) Try using WiFi ever you can (it needs a lot less battery power)
    6.) Switch off networks you don't use (like: Bluetooth, WiFi if you are off the Network and NFC)
    7.) Switch off "vibrating" as an Alarm, this also needs a lot of battery.
    8.) Switch off Blackberry Link via WiFi if you don't use it.
    9.) Control your gmail (or other services) that synchronise your calender and contact data online. Often it's set to synchronise every 30min., if you don't change your data that often set it down to 4hours or even manually. This will save you a lot of battery.
    10.) In the settings for Location services only set "Location Services" to on and switch the rest to "off".
    11.) while sleeping or don't have any reception use "Airplane Mode" (or Beside Mode with Airplane Mode)

This are some tricks to Keep your Z10 running for a lot longer.

But Keep in mind, the Z10 is a very powerful device, with a very powerful display and a 1800mAh is not the biggest battery - there are some physics you can't jump over and it is also the first generation of the OS10 devices.

If there battery won't last ong enough for you after that tricks, you should jump to the Z30 or so.
    If you have to do these things you are just "settling." BB made a bad phone. This was the 1st BB10 device. How do you go from a BB7 device which lasts days to your new flagship that shows off your NEW OS that last 1/2 day? BAD BB! Sure if you turn off a bunch of stuff and don't use it as much and dim the screen so you can't see it in bright offices. Come on. These are communication devices. They have to last a full day of heavy use. They should have released the Q10 and then if the Z10 couldn't be improved want up in size or thickness to get a thicker battery. Don't let brand loyalty make you settle for crap and apologize for anyone who realizes that there are better options. A BB7 device is better than a z10 out of battery.
    03-27-14 09:37 AM
    I get between 5-12 hours depending on what I do in the z10. I also bought 3 batteries and a dock with a battery spot.

The great thing for me however is the fact that my old ios device after about a year started going weak on battery and the charges only lasted 1 hour. With the z10 I'd the battery isn't doing well just take it out and throw away. I haven't charged my phone in 2 days now with my 3 batteries ;D

I don't mind carrying a battery around especially when it's that light (looking at you bb, next time put more juice)

03-27-14 09:38 AM
    I get between 5-12 hours depending on what I do in the z10. I also bought 3 batteries and a dock with a battery spot.

The great thing for me however is the fact that my old ios device after about a year started going weak on battery and the charges only lasted 1 hour. With the z10 I'd the battery isn't doing well just take it out and throw away. I haven't charged my phone in 2 days now with my 3 batteries ;D

I don't mind carrying a battery around especially when it's that light (looking at you bb, next time put more juice)

I put a tuff case on my phone. I can't afford to damage it because I sell it when I get my next phone. The more I have to take the case off the more it stretches and begins to not fit correctly after a while. Plus it's a total pain in the *** to pull off all the layers of the case to put a new battery in. Sorry. Battery life is should be #1 design consideration and they failed. Get a Z30 or a Q10 or some other phone than a z10 if you really need battery life.
    03-27-14 09:52 AM
    So much this ^^^

I buy a smartphone packed with features so I can use those features, when I want, without spending *my* time micro-managing the device by turning off services that I don't happen to be using right then. To attempt to justify having to jump through all these hoops to manage the battery all so that the phone lasts through the working day, as some here have, is absurdly apologistic.

I had an iPhone once. The battery-life was pitiful. One day, as I looked around the office at all the iPhones sitting on desks permanently connected to a charger so the battery might, with luck, last a quick trip outdoors, I decided this was absurd. And I bought a BB9700 that afternoon.

Every phone I've had since has a battery that lasts a whole day, or I swap it out for something else.
    03-27-14 09:59 AM
    If you have to do these things you are just "settling." BB made a bad phone. This was the 1st BB10 device. How do you go from a BB7 device which lasts days to your new flagship that shows off your NEW OS that last 1/2 day? BAD BB! Sure if you turn off a bunch of stuff and don't use it as much and dim the screen so you can't see it in bright offices. Come on. These are communication devices. They have to last a full day of heavy use. They should have released the Q10 and then if the Z10 couldn't be improved want up in size or thickness to get a thicker battery. Don't let brand loyalty make you settle for crap and apologize for anyone who realizes that there are better options. A BB7 device is better than a z10 out of battery.
    No, it is a great device!
    And it's good to have those options!
    You are able to set things how you want/need it.

I'm mean if you always run your car on full throttle you can't blame it, if you don't get far without a refill.

Set things on the iPhone or on an Android devices on "full power" you will get similar or worse results - even if they have an AMOLED or stronger battery.
    And I don't mean those new devices, you have to compare it to devices which came out at about the same time.

The Z10 now is over one year on the market and battery capacity has changed the past year. (it almost went 1000mAh up on average)

If I set all those settings as I wrote above I easily get almost 2days out usage and that's fine!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:09 AM
    Many people are saying the the Z10's battery life is bad. When I had 10.2.0, I wondered what was wrong with the phone as I am a very light user and the battery barely lasted all day. With the update to 10.2.1, my battery life improved by leaps and bounds. With slightly heavier use (but still light), I can get at least 2.5 days out of it now. The battery was barely below half when I charged it Wednesday afternoon after taking it off the charger Monday morning.

Am I the only one that got this level of improvement with 10.2.1?
    Last edited by 21stNow; 03-27-14 at 10:22 AM.
    03-27-14 10:09 AM
    Oh no! not another one of these threads! OMG. OP I have to use the loo now, hey everyone I'm going to take a dump now! Smh. I have the Z10 and Z30 yes the battery life on the Z10 sucks we all know that, however the device works great! The IOS that I also have has battery issues as well. I don't go posting that I'm returning it. I just do it and move on!

Posted via CB10
    Worse than posting about it is the fact that he bought it, knowing about the battery life, just to return it.

I can understand returning it if the phone was reputed to have good battery life and was not performing as such. But come on, he buys it thinking his results would be different than everyone else? And then wants to return it because the phone is working exactly the way it is reported to work? Get real.

I believe these actions hurt BlackBerry and their relationships with the carriers more than people simply not buying the product in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:23 AM
    I believe that if you're a very light user, by definition there should be at least adequate battery life if not exceptional battery life on 10.2.1. However; I personally am a power user and with all the new great functions introduced with that release (especially headless apps) I in now way can have similar results. Just because I'm not using a certain function does not mean I will take time out of my day to remember to turn them off. It's even more annoying if I actually do choose to use a certain function and wonder why it's not working!! Then I must remember.... Oh, I turned it off before. let me go back and turn it on. It's a hassle for me, especially when these devices are said to be for those who like getting things done. I didn't buy a feature flip phone. I purchase what is in my view the best device on the planet! The battery life should reflect that, IMO. But, YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-27-14 10:23 AM
    I don't know how you use your device or which settings you have, but the Z10 can have a good battery life.
    Sure, if you are hardcore user, play lots of games or use it heavly for medias like YouTube, videos or internet browsing you can suck down the battery under a hand full of hours.
    Therefor the Z30 is the better device.

But it is still possible to keep it running for over 15-20 hours with one charge.

There are some tricks for that like:
    1.) turning down display brightness from maximum to a still acceptable brightness
    2.) set down the display timeout to 20sec. or less
    3.) overview your accouts: Do you really need pushmail for all your accounts? (pushmail sucks a lot of battery)
    4.) Do you always need 4G/LTE on for all the time? (it should only kick in for maximum browsing pleasure or down/uploading big files) - for the rest 3G is totally fine! Or if you just wanna text (messenger or emails without attachments) or having it in your pocket to be available 2G/EDGE even is totally fine.
    5.) Try using WiFi ever you can (it needs a lot less battery power)
    6.) Switch off networks you don't use (like: Bluetooth, WiFi if you are off the Network and NFC)
    7.) Switch off "vibrating" as an Alarm, this also needs a lot of battery.
    8.) Switch off Blackberry Link via WiFi if you don't use it.
    9.) Control your gmail (or other services) that synchronise your calender and contact data online. Often it's set to synchronise every 30min., if you don't change your data that often set it down to 4hours or even manually. This will save you a lot of battery.
    10.) In the settings for Location services only set "Location Services" to on and switch the rest to "off".
    11.) while sleeping or don't have any reception use "Airplane Mode" (or Beside Mode with Airplane Mode)

This are some tricks to Keep your Z10 running for a lot longer.

But Keep in mind, the Z10 is a very powerful device, with a very powerful display and a 1800mAh is not the biggest battery - there are some physics you can't jump over and it is also the first generation of the OS10 devices.

If there battery won't last ong enough for you after that tricks, you should jump to the Z30 or so.
    Lol man If u have to do all that it definitely is settling...but I'll give u my usage...

1)My brightness is never on anything but the lowest possible setting
    2) display timeout is at 1 minute.
    3) I only have 2 email accounts and really only get school emails and they sync every hour according to the settings.
    4) I'm on Tmobile so we have wifi calling so I usually get to turn off my mobile network and rely just on wifi (love this feature)
    5) I'm in Cincinnati Ohio...we don't even get LTE from Tmobile so I'm always on 3G / 4G
    6) blue tooth is always on as its 4.0 so it's designed to barely impact the battery
    7) notifications are usually on silent
    8) location services on, the rest set to off
    9) NFC is always off

ALL that and the only time I've ever been past 12 hours is when I'm barely touching the phone. Lol like many I can kill my battery in usually 4 to 6 hours of what I would consider just moderate usage. BBM, the crackberry app, music and Facebook are my most used apps. I love the browser but have to avoid it if I need my phone to last because it absolutely wrecks my battery.

People asking if he read up on the device before he got it....well if he read the crackberry forums and believed he was gonna get a whole 24 hours like some people then I perfectly see why he is returning it until the next batch of devices lol

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:29 AM
    My girlfriends HTC One crashes every time she tries to run an app. Phone turns off and wont turn back on until its plugged into the charger.

Shes getting it replaced.
    03-27-14 11:02 AM
    I did do research. Unfortunately once I got it in my hands it was worse that I read about

Posted via CB10
    This was my experience with the Z10 and also the iPhone 5. You can't really anticipate or understand how a device will work for you until you use it. I ordered a Z30, hopefully it will be better for me.
    03-27-14 11:02 AM
    Attention ***** loves attention.

Nothing more. Move along people.
    03-27-14 11:16 AM
    Posted this to see if others returned the device for this reason as well. If you want to continue to be a **** you can kindly **** off

Posted via CB10
    We do indeed have a thread for posts like this, and responses like this get threads locked. So, this is closed to prevent others for taking it on the chin to rehash this situation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    03-27-14 11:21 AM
70 123