I have been shopping around for a new cell phone and carrier the past few weeks. I have read reviews on almost every smartphone currently on the market. I was hoping to get a Blackberry but I heard good and bad things about the Blackberry from random people. What I want in a phone the Blackberry offers but some people said Windows Mobile was easier to use. To make a long story short I finally went with the LG Voyager last week. I wanted a Blackberry but I fell for the "coolest" of that phone. I was wrong with my purchase. It's a nice phone for people who like what it offers but It's not a smartphone and really wasn't for me. Besides, Verizon has a very weak signal in my area and after talking with them about it I took the phone back and got out of my contract with them. Many people I know have T-Mobile and get great service by me so I decided to see what they offer. It turns out that they have one of the better Blackberry smartphones, The Curve 8320. Tomorrow I will be getting The Curve. I can't wait to try it out. Did I make a good choice with this phone?
    04-09-08 01:42 AM
    You're gonna love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 01:44 AM
    Thanks, I can't wait to get it. I should have went with the Blackberry to start with but I got overwhelmed by all the smartphones on the market. I read reviews on almost all of them and I find that Blackberry phones are reviewed highly.
    04-09-08 01:50 AM
    Every smartphone is going to have a problem. Something you don't like about it or something another phone does better, but I've found BB does more right than wrong and overall are better than all the rest. I love my BB and don't ever want anything else

04-09-08 01:54 AM
    Every smartphone is going to have a problem. Something you don't like about it or something another phone does better, but I've found BB does more right than wrong and overall are better than all the rest. I love my BB and don't ever want anything else

ditto...........
    04-09-08 01:56 AM
    Yeah, i figured that out fast. I was reading a review on one phone and then I read about another phone and was disappointed in both. I know I'm not going to find everything in one phone. I'm just glad that I finally narrowed it down to the Curve and T-Mobile's version looks very good. I know once I get it I'm going to have so many questions. Hopefully I can figure it out myself.
    04-09-08 02:01 AM
    And if not come to us that's what we're here for!

04-09-08 02:07 AM
    BBs F-in Rock!!!

04-09-08 02:09 AM
    Welcome to CB!

The good folk of this forum will help you out with anything you need to know.

04-09-08 02:41 AM
    you'll be getting the curve today!? let us know how you like it.

welcome to CB, btw!
    04-09-08 04:11 AM
    you made a great decision!

keep us updated!

04-09-08 05:12 AM
    Welcome to CB
    Glad you finally found your way to a BB...
    04-09-08 05:25 AM
    Good choice my coworker has a voyager and the coolness wore off in about 5 minutes. Welcome to the addiction!

04-09-08 05:56 AM
    Welcome to CB !

04-09-08 06:57 AM
    good choice. my brother has the voyager and he loves it, but it is soooo not for me.
    04-09-08 06:57 AM
    Great choice, Welcome to CB
    04-09-08 07:27 AM
    You made a wise decision...ever since the iPhone came out, I have wanted one...being the self-respecting Mac Addict that I am, it just comes naturally...then my fianc� got one for Christmas...so of course I got to play around and use it for a bit...now that I have my Curve I am so glad that I didn't get an iPhone, and I've had friends with Treo's and everything else...nothing is like a BB, you're gonna love it! I know I do!
    04-09-08 07:35 AM
    Welcome to CB. The 8320 is a great BB it has many great features and is easy to use.Great choice.

04-09-08 08:31 AM
    You sure did!!! its one of the best!
    04-09-08 08:44 AM
    I was hoping to get a Blackberry but I heard good and bad things about the Blackberry from random people.
    Bad things said about the blackberry..HMMMM...(Otto pushes back from his desk and wonders how anyone could say anything bad about the bb)

Well welcome to the world of BB and CB.....Man enjoy that curve...You will love it. The only greater pleasure for me now is waiting for the new blackberry this year.

Best,

Otto
    04-09-08 08:51 AM
    I picked up mu Blackberry a few hours ago. I am lost!!! Everything I knew to do on a cell phone is different now. Any advice to make things easier please let me know. I am loving how it looks and fells when I hold it though. I'm having trouble going online and registering my msn e-mail account. (I know what your gonna say, I had that msn account for years and just never switched over to anything else LOL) I managed to get on AIM once but now I can't and it says I ahve to registers on blackberry.com/aim. I also would like to do some chatting with others over PIN. Yeah, I'm lost but I'm not going to give up on it.
    04-09-08 10:45 PM
    Best phone ever lol. You made a good choice. Now its time to fight the addiction
    04-09-08 10:54 PM
    stnthmn, i reckon you will have to take your time and get oriented with you new device. its not only a phone as you know, but its a life saver. just take the time yourself and get use to it. If you have a really major problem, yeah feel free to holla , but for now it sounds like you just need to spend some quality with your new baby...lol
    04-09-08 10:57 PM
    Someone here mentioned about people talking bad about the BB. When I went to T-Mobile the guys there were really cool but they warned me that the BB wasn't going to be easy to get used to. In fact they tried pushing the Shadow on me. They were cool with my decision though. In fact, they were closing and they couldn't get the right price in the system for the 1 year contract so they gave me the 1 year contract with the phone at the 2 year contract price. It saved me $50 so that was great. Now, can someone please tell me if I can get internet radio on my BB. That was a feature I really wanted so I hope it's possible.
    04-10-08 01:22 AM
    I managed to spend a few hours with my Curve now and I love it more than I did when I first got it. I guess the thing that turns many people off is that you have to learn how it works and spend time with it. I know a few people I would not recommend one to just because they want to be able to pick sometime up and have everything easy on it. However, I am loving the Blackberry. I need to spend a lot more time with it but I'm getting there.
    04-10-08 02:17 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD