Hi;
    I recently moved from Canada - where I was on the Rogers network - to Panama. I was told down here I could not get a SIM to drive the phone on the networks here. One person who tried to reset it for me 'lost' my Rogers SIM card, Is there any way of resetting the phone to lose the Rogers settings still there so it will accept a new SIM from a Panamanian wireless provider. (Currently, I have a cheap Pay-as-u-go phone thru Digicel here, but of course the BB won't recognize the SIM from that - too easy a solution, I guess!
    Thanks!
    12-04-12 03:03 PM
    Your Rogers 9300 should have the 1900 MHz band, which is what Digicel Panama uses. So you shouldn't have a problem there. The only issue is probably that your phone is locked, i.e. only Rogers' SIMs will work. You should work on getting the phone unlocked.
    12-04-12 11:39 PM
    People here have mentioned this site: freemyblackberry.com for unlocking your phone so you can use it with other carriers.
    painterjdb likes this.
    12-05-12 08:14 AM
    Your Rogers 9300 should have the 1900 MHz band, which is what Digicel Panama uses. So you shouldn't have a problem there. The only issue is probably that your phone is locked, i.e. only Rogers' SIMs will work. You should work on getting the phone unlocked.

Thank you. Sounds good! Can I do that without a SIM card in it?
    12-05-12 06:37 PM
    Yep. You can do it without any SIM in, although having a non-Rogers SIM in would be a good idea as it'll provide you instant confirmation of the unlock.
    painterjdb likes this.
    12-05-12 06:59 PM