Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jesse_h
  • 1 Post By OniBerry
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Getting my 9230 tomorrow....

9320* sorry

As a few of you on here already know, i'm new to BB, i've never had my own handset just one that a mate loaned me while i waited to get my own.

I get my own tomorrow and basically what i need to know is this...

Coming from other smartphones what do i need to do to my curve when i get it out of the box?

Do i need to download anything in particular to make it work?

Do i need to download or update an OS?

Any help much appreciated people.

P.S....... It's just a phone i've picked up cheap on the Phones 4 u deal for £60 brand new until the BB10 N-Series is out...
    Last edited by cardno4; 01-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

It will work fine right out of the box, no need to update the OS. Visit app world, there's lots to choose from. Don't forget to charge the battery if it's a brand new device. Good luck with your new toy.
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    Thanked by:
    cardno4 (01-18-2013) 
    cardno4 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Whats this deal at phones 4 u?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by GlamGemini View Post
    Whats this deal at phones 4 u?
    Phones 4U tempt UK consumers with a sweet BlackBerry Curve 9320 deal | CrackBerry.com
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    Thanked by:
    GlamGemini (01-18-2013) 
    GlamGemini likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone found it on the actual website?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

Just Plug it into Desktop Software. (Oh yeah, install BlackBerry Desktop Manager onto your PC or Mac.. Available on the BlackBerry website). It automatically checks for updates.. If there is one update it.. That's about it! It does not affect information currently on the phone, so no worries as to when you decide to do that . Your phone gets automatically backed up and restored in the process. Just click update, and that's about it.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Cheers for the advice!!

Ye the Blackberry P4U offer is not on there website however it goes like this...

You need to be a existing payg customer in any sort, i'm not but my mate is on orange so i used his sim for 10 mins, you go in with the Sim and an old blackberry smartphone, i used my 8520, as long as it turns on your fine.

They then take your old BB and give you a new curve 9320 for £65 , the new phone can be chosen on any network and i just gave my mate his sim card back and now have my o2 contract sim running on it.

Cheers easy!!
    CrackBerry User

Don't take this as gospel but I think it can be any old smartphone not just blackberry.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by cardno4 View Post
    Cheers for the advice!!

Ye the Blackberry P4U offer is not on there website however it goes like this...

You need to be a existing payg customer in any sort, i'm not but my mate is on orange so i used his sim for 10 mins, you go in with the Sim and an old blackberry smartphone, i used my 8520, as long as it turns on your fine.

They then take your old BB and give you a new curve 9320 for £65 , the new phone can be chosen on any network and i just gave my mate his sim card back and now have my o2 contract sim running on it.

Cheers easy!!
    This close to launch and you cant wait? That phone better be dead or in 2 months you will probably be regretting your decision.Good luck either way
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts

Default Getting my 9230 tomorrow....

Congratulations on your new BB and good luck on your choice.

I have one quick question though. What did you like the most about mate's handset when he loaned it to you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    CrackBerry Master

I got one for my daughter when they first came out. I feel somewhat ashamed to say she didn't get it for at least a week after while I, ahem, tested the phone out for her. It's a good, solid phone and I was half thinking of getting one when my 9900 went on the blink a couple of months ago. I found the keyboard took a bit of getting used to as it's different from any other BB KB I've tried, but once you do you'll be bashing those keys like there's no tomorrow. Make sure that it has the 7.1 update. This gives you a couple of excellent battery saving apps, WiFi hotspot (extra excellent!) and an FM radio.

My kids' schools are awash with BlackBerrys, all of them physical keyboard models with the various models of Curves leading the pack. I've always understood the value proposition of the Curve range and I'm so glad to see it still being a strong part of the line up.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by web99 View Post
    Congratulations on your new BB and good luck on your choice.

I have one quick question though. What did you like the most about mate's handset when he loaned it to you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I couldn't wait no! I've got the insurance money for a bb10 device so it's only a £65 outlay for a new phone that will also serve as a sturdy back up.

To answer the mentioned quote, I've never had or used a blackberry before, always had iPhones and recently a HTC One x but i just cant believe how much i liked the physical keyboard!! It's something that has made me fall in love with BB and the reason i will be getting myself the QWERTY BB10 device.

I won't regret it dont worry
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by ghfred View Post
    Don't take this as gospel but I think it can be any old smartphone not just blackberry.
    I was told it had to be a Smartphone yes, just said BB because that's what i traded in.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cardno4 View Post
    I couldn't wait no! I've got the insurance money for a bb10 device so it's only a £65 outlay for a new phone that will also serve as a sturdy back up.

To answer the mentioned quote, I've never had or used a blackberry before, always had iPhones and recently a HTC One x but i just cant believe how much i liked the physical keyboard!! It's something that has made me fall in love with BB and the reason i will be getting myself the QWERTY BB10 device.

I won't regret it dont worry
    So you think the BB is better than Iphone? I haven't had an iphone but what annoys me about them, with my sight and hearing is that you can only enlarge certain things on iphone such as sms, contacts, notes and thats about it. Also apparently the call volume is crap for hearing aids.

What i loved about BB, you can up the font to 14 and it covers the whole phone even apps!! and the volume is clear and loud on some models. Perfect.