My pearl's battery only lasts about a day or 2 now...

I have read that you can get longer battery life by charging it whenever you can and leaving it on overnight etc, which I didn't used to do.

Is it possible that if I do this my battery life will increase again and we can live happy ever after?

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 05:41 AM
    It is possible that it could increase your battery life, but it is also possible that you will a new battery in a couple of months. Who knows? I hope it works to the good for you. It definately couldn't hurt.

03-12-09 06:17 AM
    Charging it each night tops off your battery back to 100%. Leaving it on at night, not on a charger, will not increase your battery, it will be same as using it thru out the day. Plug it into a charger at night and either turn it off, set it to turn its self off and on, or leave it on. Any of those will allow the battery to charge so you have a fresh battery life each day, It will not damage the battery in the BB as it is an ion battery.
    03-12-09 10:25 AM
    great post. Thank you very much
    03-12-09 10:50 AM
    Not really possible to 'restore' your battery, but you could use programs (like autostandby) to be as energy efficient as you can (which will result in longer battery ability)
    03-12-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, some good suggestions. I was avoiding having to get a new battery but I will probably be upgrading to a bold in a few months so it should all even out :-)

03-12-09 01:37 PM
    Not really possible to 'restore' your battery, but you could use programs (like autostandby) to be as energy efficient as you can (which will result in longer battery ability)
    I carry it in the speshil crackberry pouch all day long, would I still need autostandby?
    03-12-09 02:37 PM
    just make sure you arent running any programs that you dont need the background, that kills battery faster.
    03-12-09 02:43 PM
    just make sure you arent running any programs that you dont need the background, that kills battery faster.
    yeah i always check that like 10000 times a day im so paranoid about it lol
    03-12-09 03:02 PM
    How do you check to see if programs are running?
    03-12-09 03:05 PM
    Nevermind, I found the answer on google. Alt and escape key.
    03-12-09 03:12 PM
    yeah its best to get used to closing a program by hitting menu and then close.
    03-12-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD