Hey guys,

I have been browsing (creeping) on this forum for a few weeks, and have finally decided that I will be getting a BB and not an itoy.

I have decided that I want a bold, but I've also read speculation regarding a new 9700a for running OS6. Does anyone know if these rumors hold any truth, and if so, should I hold off on getting a blackberry?

I am going to be attending university (first year) in the fall, so I will need a phone by then, at the latest...
    07-14-10 01:09 PM
    The Slider (9800) is going to be the first production device to run BB6.

No one is 110% sure of the exact release date...

The 9700 will have BB6 released for it, but it won't be the same as a touch device with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjneid; 07-14-10 at 01:46 PM.
    07-14-10 01:11 PM
    No one really knows much aboot about the 9700a yet... And no one knows for sure what carrier is even gonna carry it.

The 9800 is coming out soon that will come with 6.0 but it looks like at&t will have the first exclusive rights to it.
    07-14-10 01:21 PM
    No matter when or if you purchase a BB there will always be a new one around the corner. My advice always is take the bird in the hand. The 9700 is one fine phone.
    07-14-10 02:11 PM
    I'm attending a university myself and my BB has definitely been wonderful to me. I have done so much for school using it and even typed up a paper on it.

07-14-10 02:27 PM
    Welcome to the Crackberry Nation!

I hear so much praise for the 9700 - I would say go for it. You will be able to upgrade to OS6, so that part's a non-issue. The 9700 is the current flagship and there are no guarantees when the slider will hit or how it will be received.

Who knows what device will be available in 2 years from now when you're eligible for an upgrade. Since you're already eying the Bold, go for it!
    07-14-10 03:02 PM
    Welcome to CB! Whatever you decide I'm sure you wont be dissapointed, just do your research and find out what is best for you, and of course any help we can give will be given gladly.

The 9700 is a solid device and a great choice btw
    07-14-10 03:29 PM
    I'm attending a university myself and my BB has definitely been wonderful to me. I have done so much for school using it and even typed up a paper on it.

That's why I love my berry~ if I could just teach it to fry chicken,do laundry,& kiss my husband riiiiiiight THERE -----> ?!

07-14-10 03:44 PM
    Welcome to the Crackberry Nation!

I hear so much praise for the 9700 - I would say go for it. You will be able to upgrade to OS6, so that part's a non-issue. The 9700 is the current flagship and there are no guarantees when the slider will hit or how it will be received.

Who knows what device will be available in 2 years from now when you're eligible for an upgrade. Since you're already eying the Bold, go for it!
    How do you know that the 9700 will be able to upgrade to OS 6? Kevin said the other day that he didn't know.

New Official BlackBerry 6 Teaser Video! | CrackBerry.com
    07-14-10 03:56 PM
    I agree with sedalia. Waiting on maybe is missing out. I have the 9700 and it is very capable. Get the 9700 , let OS6 and 9800 de-bug.

07-14-10 08:39 PM
    How do you know that the 9700 will be able to upgrade to OS 6? Kevin said the other day that he didn't know.

New Official BlackBerry 6 Teaser Video! | CrackBerry.com
    I read on a couple different blogs that Bold 9700, Storm 2, Bold 9650 will all get OS6 of the currently released models. I apologize if I was misinformed.
    07-14-10 09:00 PM
    No need to apologize! I wasn't aware of that news. I only knew what Kevin said. (and I interpreted it as "no" when I should have interpreted it as "yes"). I guess I need to leave CrackBerry once in a while.

And coincidentally, this is my 500th post!
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 07-14-10 at 09:09 PM.
    07-14-10 09:05 PM
    No need to apologize! I wasn't aware of that news. I only knew what Kevin said. (and I interpreted it as "no" when I should have interpreted it as "yes"). I guess I need to leave CrackBerry once in a while.

And coincidentally, this is my 500th post!
    To be completely honest, 99% of the time if I read something BlackBerry related I crosscheck CrackBerry for verification, haha!

Anyway, to the OP - I may be wrong about OS6 but I stand by what I said about the Bold 9700 being an excellent device. I don't think you'd be disappointed, and as others have said, if you always wait for the next best thing, you'll always be waiting and never get anything.

Since you want something by the fall, you can always wait until right before the semester starts to see if something else is out or at least some more verification on OS6, etc - but I don't think you'd have any issues with the stellar Bold 9700.
    07-14-10 09:13 PM
    Hey guys,

I have been browsing (creeping) on this forum for a few weeks, and have finally decided that I will be getting a BB and not an itoy.

I have decided that I want a bold, but I've also read speculation regarding a new 9700a for running OS6. Does anyone know if these rumors hold any truth, and if so, should I hold off on getting a blackberry?

I am going to be attending university (first year) in the fall, so I will need a phone by then, at the latest...
    Good choice. I'd go with the 9700. IF the 9700a rumors are true, it definitely wouldn't be coming out any time soon, and definitely not before school starts (I'm in college too! )
    07-14-10 09:25 PM
    The 9650 is the only current device with 512mb and therefore pretty much guaranteed to run OS6.

Welcome to the asylum.
    07-14-10 09:30 PM
    Welcome to the world of crackberries!
    Where are the trolls?
    [knock on wood]
    07-15-10 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD