OK first of all I am not a complete moron when it comes to cell phones or computers. I have had a razor for some time and decided it would be fun to jump to a BB Pearl when I found out I could get one for free by renewing my contract with Verizon. OK I knew going in to this whole BB thing that I would have to take some time and get familiar with the OS. I have no BB experience but I have done my research on this and other sites. I like the phone very much, but I have to say it has been a huge pain in the *** to get anything to work. I installed google maps but it does not work (OK I found out that this is Verizon's fault), I tried to use BB movie converter, every time I try to convert a file I get a final product that my phone cannot recognize or open. I have tried using it on VOB files, DVDs, MPEG files etc, nothing works. The desktop manager software seems to be useless. It also fails to convert any kind of video file to put on my phone. I was finally able to get a movie on it by using a DVD to Zune program I have and just directly transferring it to the SD card, but even this file crashes on my phone from time to time. OK my latest headache, I have downloaded 2 trial programs from Handango - the BB alert and the BB profile scheduler. I have them on my desktop but whenever I try to install them through the application loader on the DD desktop manager I get an error message saying "No additional applications for your device were found". Come on already WTF do I have to do to get this POS working like it is supposed to. And yes I have the absolute latest version of Desktop manager. Handango support was unable to help me, they just say I need to update my DM, but like I said I have done that already. Can anyone here tell me what I am doing wrong? Do I have to make a burnt offering or say a chant or something? Damm my razor didn't do much but at least it WORKED.
    02-06-08 04:52 PM
    Firstly, I understand your frustration. But please watch your language!

Next, you're right you have had a few issues, but some are due to Verizons standard of service, ie 'turning off' certain funtions. Yes, annoying I know.

When I get online later, from a pc, I'll answer a few of your issues...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-08 05:14 PM
    Yes, no need to get worked up. Ive had my BB for a little over a week, and it just takes some patience to install, make sure versions are correct, things of that nature. I would expand more but im at work and dont have the time luxury. But just be a little more patient and I'm sure your BB will be up and running as you want it. I know I got mine to and Im loving every minute!
    02-06-08 05:46 PM
    I haven't bought a microsd card for my phone yet, so I can't offer a solution for your video issue. The application loader error can be easily solved though. The solution and instructions can be found here: Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ.com.
    02-06-08 06:41 PM
    Well I have downloaded 2 games to my BB and guess what, neither one of them worked. What a surprise. I was able to get the profile scheduler working after I DL it from this site. I still cannot get anything on the Desktop manager to work, except for the phone book sync to my yahoo account. I don't mean to rag on BB but after I was so excited to get this thing, it is a huge disappointment that 90% of the things I have tried don't work. Thank you to the people that replied to help, I am not giving up on this yet.
    02-07-08 05:35 PM
    Oh and Sunkast, thanks for that link, but I am running V4.3 on my phone and on my desktop. And no I am not using Vista I had the Vista Ultimate and got tired of it and went back to XP before I got my phone.
    02-07-08 05:39 PM
    What does v4.3 and XP have to do with the link I gave you? If you follow the instructions found at that link to installed v4.3 device software on your computer, you will be able to load applications onto your BB without the error about not finding any device software popping up.
    02-07-08 07:21 PM
    maybe you got a faulty blackberry, I havent had any problems loading programs since I have had my phone, might want to go swap it out with your service provider
    02-07-08 10:43 PM
    Oh and Sunkast, thanks for that link, but I am running V4.3 on my phone and on my desktop. And no I am not using Vista I had the Vista Ultimate and got tired of it and went back to XP before I got my phone.
    Like he stated, you need to have BOTH the DT Manager software AND the OS for the device loaded onto your pc. Seems you only have one.
    02-07-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD