I have absolutely no idea how to get a hold of Blackberry's marketing department or whether they outsource all of that or what. So I'm hoping to post here and maybe they'll catch wind of it. Blackberry, at least in the US NEEDS TO GET AGGRESSIVE in their marketing. Go after iOS and Android! Make commercials that make a villain out of Tim Cook, an ***** out of Jony Ives...have a commercial with a Tim Cook look alike sitting in front of five Apples listed "iphone 1" through "5" and an aid to Tim say "Don't you think they're going to start catching on that it's pretty much the same product?" and have Tim say "consider our demograph"...the aid ponders and boom a group of super annoying "valley girls" talking non-stop about just nothing...come back to reality and have Tim Cook say "see...we'll just dip this one in candy". Pan to opening day with tons of people dressed as sheep clamoring at the glass walls of an Apple store trying to buy their candy coated apples and a guy holding a blackberry Z10 staring at them and a voice over say "We're human, it's time we acted like it. Blackberry, re-designed for the rational human mind of excellence"....hell take it one step further and go after apple for copying BB10 in iOS7...show "creation of BB10" and pan the intense hours of dedication...people at desks, people doing presentations, frustration, perseverence...then show "creation of iOS7" and show Tim Cook (look alike) hand Jony Ives (look alike) sitting on the floor in a diaper surrounded by crayons and say "here Jony, can you draw me this?" as he hands him a Blackberry Z10. I mean seriously, the marketing in the US should me 40% smear campaign against android and iOS and 60% head to head serious comparison where the phone beats out the competition. Have a highschool kid with a Z10 approach a group of "I'm better than thou" types and ask "why do you guys all buy the same phone?" and have them say "because it's expertly designed, someone like you just can't appreciate this as art" and then have the kid say "expertly designed?! the face breaks everytime you put it in your pocket!"...android is buggy as ****...I mean seriously as controversial as it is...even go as far to say "WE DON'T HELP THE NSA SPY ON YOU!". I like the product, I believe in the product but Blackberry NEEDS to get aggressive with their marketing. That's an area they have consistently failed! Quit being stubborn, quit feeling comfortable retaining a niche market and instead be a glutton...take every last bit of that pie you can possibly can, create an insatiable hunger for market share! 99.8% is not nearly enough to make you full! Get in that mindset and quit passive aggressively being content with scraps!
    07-05-13 01:49 PM
    HAHA. That was funny. Reality check though. They can't be THAT aggressive. It will probably turn more people off than anything else. I would not like BlackBerry to stoop to that level. But there are better ways to be more aggressive and they should be more aggressive. So I agree with you on that.
    07-05-13 02:02 PM
    It worked for Samsung....

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    07-05-13 02:12 PM
    Word of mouth is hurting BlackBerry more than any commercials.
    07-05-13 02:15 PM
    Yeah, they might want to tone it down a little bit haha. But subtle stuff like the Samsung commercials and that Windows Phone commercial where they highlight some of the ridiculousness of the two sides of Android and Iphones I thought did a fantastic job. I still wouldn't buy a Windows Phone because the platform is just god awful ugly even though I've heard that it's actually somewhat efficient....but if the platform was good...that commercial would have definitely made me consider buying one. And Blackberry's platform is good. I don't think anyone can say that it's ugly or clunky or unpleasant to use. So I definitely think a more head-to-head approach should be taken. And Jony Ives in a diaper surrounded by crayons...HILARIOUS, you might think that a lot of them are over the line but...I think that one is PERFECT! And that's what they need, a little bit of aggressiveness cloaked in humor. You get someone to laugh and they're more likely to wanna buy your product. Look at those old creepy Burger King commercials with the King...some of those were certainly over the top! But they damn near single-handedly brought the brand back to relevance.
    07-05-13 02:15 PM
    I don't think it worked for Samsung per se. They did do it very well, even though it was a slight to BB users, but they pushed those ads out with little actual effort and didn't really show new features. The ads were kind of funny and that garbage seems to sell. Who doesn't remember The Unicorn Apocalypse? They did it to take the wind out of BlackBerry's launch sails. Which is low for such a large company with such a large user base. Yeah, let's make fun of the little guy. Hope it bites them in the @ss one day.
    07-05-13 02:20 PM
    Word of mouth is hurting BlackBerry more than any commercials.
    And unfortunately a lot of that comes right from these forums
    07-05-13 02:21 PM
    I agree with the edgier more aggressive theme.
    07-05-13 02:22 PM
    And the blackberry faithful aren't sheep? iOS has sheep, as does android, as does WP, as does BB.
    07-05-13 04:35 PM
    And unfortunately a lot of that comes right from these forums
    Nah. No one I know even knows about crackberry. Yet they are derisive of BlackBerry phones. It's more the articles on cnn etc. That have headlines like "BlackBerry" is dead that cause the issues. My friends know I use Blackberrys and occasionally one of them will ask me why BlackBerry is in trouble because they've seen a cnn story or whatever.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-05-13 04:53 PM
    I have absolutely no idea how to get a hold of Blackberry's marketing department or whether they outsource all of that or what. So I'm hoping to post here and maybe they'll catch wind of it. Blackberry, at least in the US NEEDS TO GET AGGRESSIVE in their marketing. Go after iOS and Android! Make commercials that make a villain out of Tim Cook, an ***** out of Jony Ives...have a commercial with a Tim Cook look alike sitting in front of five Apples listed "iphone 1" through "5" and an aid to Tim say "Don't you think they're going to start catching on that it's pretty much the same product?" and have Tim say "consider our demograph"...the aid ponders and boom a group of super annoying "valley girls" talking non-stop about just nothing...come back to reality and have Tim Cook say "see...we'll just dip this one in candy". Pan to opening day with tons of people dressed as sheep clamoring at the glass walls of an Apple store trying to buy their candy coated apples and a guy holding a blackberry Z10 staring at them and a voice over say "We're human, it's time we acted like it. Blackberry, re-designed for the rational human mind of excellence"....hell take it one step further and go after apple for copying BB10 in iOS7...show "creation of BB10" and pan the intense hours of dedication...people at desks, people doing presentations, frustration, perseverence...then show "creation of iOS7" and show Tim Cook (look alike) hand Jony Ives (look alike) sitting on the floor in a diaper surrounded by crayons and say "here Jony, can you draw me this?" as he hands him a Blackberry Z10. I mean seriously, the marketing in the US should me 40% smear campaign against android and iOS and 60% head to head serious comparison where the phone beats out the competition. Have a highschool kid with a Z10 approach a group of "I'm better than thou" types and ask "why do you guys all buy the same phone?" and have them say "because it's expertly designed, someone like you just can't appreciate this as art" and then have the kid say "expertly designed?! the face breaks everytime you put it in your pocket!"...android is buggy as ****...I mean seriously as controversial as it is...even go as far to say "WE DON'T HELP THE NSA SPY ON YOU!". I like the product, I believe in the product but Blackberry NEEDS to get aggressive with their marketing. That's an area they have consistently failed! Quit being stubborn, quit feeling comfortable retaining a niche market and instead be a glutton...take every last bit of that pie you can possibly can, create an insatiable hunger for market share! 99.8% is not nearly enough to make you full! Get in that mindset and quit passive aggressively being content with scraps!
    I think they should show people standing in that famous Apple line outside the store, then cut to a guy inside at the counter. He trades in his phone by giving it to the clerk, the clerk takes into a backroom, circles around, then comes out a different door WITH THE EXACT SAME PHONE and says "here's your new iPhone." All the clerks snicker and laugh as the guy leaves and they count his cash.

Or, remember this? Do this:

07-05-13 05:13 PM
    And the blackberry faithful aren't sheep? iOS has sheep, as does android, as does WP, as does BB.
    Black Sheep
    07-05-13 05:16 PM
    HAHA. That was funny. Reality check though. They can't be THAT aggressive. It will probably turn more people off than anything else. I would not like BlackBerry to stoop to that level. But there are better ways to be more aggressive and they should be more aggressive. So I agree with you on that.
    It is EXACTLY what Americans want....why do you think shows like Jerry Springer have always been so popular here? Americans want to say, "Oh daaaaaaaamn....he nailed that guy, huh!?!?! Yeah! Get him!"
    They love nothing more than a good "slam" on someone....and the more juvenile and petty, the better
    07-05-13 05:20 PM
    Oh, there's no doubt at all that nearly every product on this planet has its share of fanboys...but that's besides the point. Most people that buy the iphone do so because it's "cool" or because so many other people have them. It's certainly not because it's the best phone on the market. If you don't care about security and privacy then clearly the best phone on the market is either the HTC One or the Samsung GS4. If you DO however, then the best platform/phone on the market is a BB10 phone. If you strip the cool factor away from the iphone in any small part whatsoever...or even to get people to question their predetermined purchase...you can count that as a win. And good humor and legitimate "bashing" as W0lfgang put it is exactly what will win over US consumers. Different strategies for different cultures and demographics but in the US, a 40/60 humorous smear to head-to-head informative marketing campaign will do the product wonders.
    07-06-13 01:29 AM