I downloaded the trial of Garmin Mobile yesterday. Seems OK. Telenav stopped working for me, as did Nav4All, and VZ Navigator is just annoying.

My question is about the speed display. The speed displayed jumps by 2-3 mph (e.g. from 22 to 25 mph) rather than changing by 1 mph as I change speeds. I've verified this by using the cruise control to speed up by 1 mph and watching for a change on the display.

This is a problem for me because I know my car's speedometer is 3-4 mph slower than my actual speed, so I use the GPS to remind myself now fast I'm actually going. On the highway, Garmin says I'm going 60 mph, but my speedometer says 66. I'm actually going 62. All this is going to get confusing.

Does your Garmin Mobile do this? I'm not using Garmin's GPS receiver, but I don't see how that should be a problem. Any other program I've used has been able to show increases/decreases in speed of 1 mph or 0.1 mph with this receiver.
    04-28-09 08:51 AM
    I've noticed that same problem with Garmin Mobile and my GlobalTop G66 puck. Usually it's off by just 1 or 2 MPH. But once in a while the speed will be out of whack by as much as 20 MPH! I figured it was either the satellite constellation or the puck. My Garmin StreetPilot never had that problem, it was always dead-on balls accurate. Not sure there's much you can do, except make sure your puck has a fairly unobstructed view of the sky and horizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:27 AM
    It can't be the puck because every other mapping or GPS tracking program I use displays a consistently correct speed. Something is strange about Garmin's programming. Probably not going to buy it when my 7 day trial expires.
    04-30-09 07:10 AM
    Garmin shows speed? I am not sure Telenav does that.
    04-30-09 11:59 PM
    a friend got his bold and seems like someone put on gps for him from garmin ...any way to get this free (for the Bold?
    thanks
    05-11-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD