I've tried searching for the answer here, geocaching.com, and on GNs forums and I wasn't able to find anything, so sorry if it's been asked... I've been a paid member with GC.com for almost a year now. When I search for Caches on GN it pulls up all the free ones, but none of the member only ones. I have no problem when searching on the computer pulling them up. It's frustrating and I've tried looking at all the settings and am not seeing anything that would fix it. I have linked my GN with GC.com. Any ideas?
    Last edited by DabOfLoven; 08-05-09 at 04:09 PM.
    08-05-09 04:05 PM
    im a big geocacher myself and i have tried the gc app but it was horrible. i use blackstar navigation. its far superior to the gc app. you can download it ota at blackstarnavigation.com it is extreamly accurate. you can ask me any questions about it if you want.
    08-05-09 10:15 PM
    oh i just noticed that you have the storm. thats another factor that goes against your gps. call verizion and tell em that you will be traveling over seas and you need to unlock your phone. that will help out th gps signal. i dont know why it does but when we did that on my friends storm he was able to pick up a signal way faster than when it was locked to verizion.
    08-05-09 10:18 PM
    oh i just noticed that you have the storm. thats another factor that goes against your gps. call verizion and tell em that you will be traveling over seas and you need to unlock your phone. that will help out th gps signal. i dont know why it does but when we did that on my friends storm he was able to pick up a signal way faster than when it was locked to verizion.
    The program or signal so far I'm not having as much of an issue with. I won't really get to test it out till tomorrow though. I've thought about getting the phone unlocked though just because I can, and I've been with Verizon for so long I doubt I'll have an issues. I'm still able to pull up the Caches, just not the members only ones. I have Blackstar, Geo Nav, and Cacheberry.. I'm trying them out to see which I like the best. I love being able with the click of a couple buttons to pull up caches nearby. I tend to be a spur of the moment Cacher and a lot of times out of town. The Cacheberry is supposed to link to the website, and I can access the websites with Blackstar, it's just a bit more convenient with GN. This is just frustrating.. I put in an email to them, will probably hear something back tomorrow. Will let you know what they say when I hear back... Does Blackstar work on Curves on Verizon? I have a couple of friends I wanna get hooked on it and I think it would be perfect for them. I just wonder why GN will work on other Curves, but not on Verizon... weird.
    08-05-09 10:33 PM
    the issue isnt with the phones but with verizion. the lock out the gps to 3rd party apps. totally lame i know but there are ways around it. so whats this cachberry? ive never heard of it....
    08-05-09 10:49 PM
    the issue isnt with the phones but with verizion. the lock out the gps to 3rd party apps. totally lame i know but there are ways around it. so whats this cachberry? ive never heard of it....
    It's not a problem with the Storm. I've had my issue fixed with Geocaching Navigator. It was a problem they were having at the techs were able to fix it. Program works GREAT now. Quick and easy to find local caches. Cachberry I haven't had as good of a use of. Some people like it, but me not as much. Just didn't see as accurate. I bought GN from AppWorld for $20. LOVE it now!
    08-13-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD