Anyone know if there is a working Geocache app for the Storm yet or if anyone is planning on making one?
    11-25-08 09:42 AM
    Is the GPS unlocked on the Storm?? If not then even if there are geocaching app they won't work!!
    11-25-08 10:01 AM
    yes, the GPS is unlocked on the Storm.

aGPS (assisted GPS, which is the ability to use cell towers in conjunction with GPS) is still locked to VZNavigator only.
    11-25-08 10:18 AM
    You will only get an approximate location. The +/- will be perhaps 500-1000ft in either direction from true. In New York City the mapping will be off as more then one city block = 1/20th mile.
    11-26-08 08:08 PM
    You will only get an approximate location. The +/- will be perhaps 500-1000ft in either direction from true. In New York City the mapping will be off as more then one city block = 1/20th mile.
    I live in NYC and I used a logging program that tracks my location and saves it to a file (or a paid version has it live online) and when I used it it was no more than half a block off. You could tell it wasn't exact as it went in the middle of blocks (when obviously I can't walk through walls) but was incredibly accurate.

you can view my test run at:

testy | Author Imann101 | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service

as you can see, there are some obvious strays from the actual route, but pretty accurate for the most part.
    11-26-08 09:46 PM
    Kind'a hard to find the cache if you are 1/2 block unless the the geocache info gives a hint. My NUVI can log on 3-4 ft within NYC if there are no tall buildings nearby
    11-28-08 03:50 PM
    Kind'a hard to find the cache if you are 1/2 block unless the the geocache info gives a hint. My NUVI can log on 3-4 ft within NYC if there are no tall buildings nearby
    Just to clarify, the actual GPS is unlocked on the storm. At least it is on my carrier and i understand it is on most now.
    05-03-09 11:35 AM
    i've tested GPSed, BBtracker and GPS logger. Working find on my Bold i'm pretty sure they will work on Storm too.
    05-03-09 03:29 PM
    Have a look at CacheBerry - it's a great geocaching application with rapidly changing features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD