From reading the boards, I am under the impression this might work but wanted to hear from the pros.

I am on a corporate BES server and have a headset with bluetooth which I was able to pair to my 8703e

I am not able to pair my TomTom GPS because it is blocked by my BES server bluetooth options show discoverable set to NO with a red lock.

Question is can I have my admin remove the lock temporarily then pair the GPS and turn it back on.

I am lead to believe that once the paring happens then it is available after the setting is set back to not discoverable and I am looking for the confirmation here.

I was able to put all of my 3rd party apps on prior to joining the BES (most still work) but I forgot about the GPS

Thanks to anyone that know's the answer for sure.

ICU_NXTIME
    05-12-08 12:22 PM
    ...I am on a corporate BES server and have a headset with bluetooth which I was able to pair to my 8703e

I am not able to pair my TomTom GPS because it is blocked by my BES server bluetooth options show discoverable set to NO with a red lock.

Question is can I have my admin remove the lock temporarily then pair the GPS and turn it back on.

I am lead to believe that once the paring happens then it is available after the setting is set back to not discoverable and I am looking for the confirmation here.
    ICU_NXTIME
    You are correct. You only need to be discoverable long enough to pair. Then you can turn it back off. Leaving your bluetooth discoverable all the time exposes you to the small risk of someone trying to get into your device. That's why your BES disables it.
    05-12-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD