general post-unlocking question
A friend of mine on Rogers gave me his Bold 9780, which I just had to unlock because I am on Bell. I have a few general questions which I hope you can help me with
- I do not have a SIM card (lost my phone...), but I was able to unlock using the info here (plus a youtube walkthrough): Free Unlock Codes. Now in the walkthrough they showed information appearing on the screen after it says "Code Accepted", however when I did it the screen just remained blank. Q: Is this because I have no sim card, or did something by chance go wrong?
- I did the battery pull, and it seemed to do some things to indicate that it was off its old network (i.e asked me to confirm date and time, which were wrong since it hadn't been active since aug 9th), etc, however it still has the Rogers bootup screen and background. If I go into Bell and ask them to connect my number to this phone, how do I change things such that I don't have to admit this is a cracked Rogers phone? Can I just buy a SIM card and activate it via phone or online without having to go in person? Can I 'install the bell interface'? (If that's what its called...)
- Is there anything else I need to do before being able to use it on Bell's network?
Thanks a lot in advance, and I hope I posted this in the right sub-forum
- CrackBerry Genius
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM #2
- 2,455 Posts
The Splash screen as its called can not be changed. You will always see the Roger screen when it boots up. You don't have to give your phone to the carrier in order to get a sim card, just tell them you have an old BB that you want activated & they will give you a sim card.BlackBerry 9900 BL 184.108.40.2064 Hybrid, PlayBook 2.1
Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
Okay so I got the sim card from Bell, however the guy kept saying I have to bring the phone in to activate the phone. Do you know what i have to do, now that the sim card is in the BB and it itself is activated, so that this phone gets the calls (currently it isn't, and i can't bring the phone into Bell - it's a rogers phone, lol ).
Thanks, and sorry for the newbie questions
- By rubiekitty in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 5Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:37 PM
- By rubiekitty in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
- By cellunlocknet in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 33Last Post: 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
- By SimeonAS89 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM
- By SimeonAS89 in forum Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM