Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about getting a BB within the next couple of weeks and had some very general questions that I thought you all could help out with.

Are BB's easy to use? I heard from several different people that if you are new to the smartphone world, BB's aren't the most user friendly.

Are all emails pushed to the BB sent to one central Inbox? Or will I have seperate Inboxes for each email account I use.

I currently use my school email account as my primary. It's an .edu account and I heard that people have had problems setting this up on the BB's. I currently check this account through the internet (Microsoft Exchange?) and would want it pushed to my BB when I get one. Would this be a problem?

Not sure which BB I'm going to get. Torn between the Bold and the Curve. Which one would you recommend to someone who is new to the smartphone world?

Lastly, I'm currently an ATT customer and know how much the data plans are for the current BB's but knowing that the Bold has 3g capabilities, does anyone know how much the pricing on that data plan will be?

Thanks in advance!
    08-11-08 09:49 AM
    1. This is a difficult question to answer. I would personally say yes they are pretty user-friendly. However, it will definitely take you some time to get used to the interface, especially if you are not a previous smartphone owner. Keep in mind that Blackberries are like small computers, and are very unlike any other cell phone you may have used previously.

2. Yes and no. Your emails will go to your SMS inbox, however you can change your settings to separate these messages.

3. No. This should not be an issue.

4. This really depends on whether or not you want to wait for the release of the Bold, or if you want the Curve now. Both are great phones.

5. I believe the data plans for any carrier will run you around $30/month for BIS.
    08-11-08 09:51 AM
    Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about getting a BB within the next couple of weeks and had some very general questions that I thought you all could help out with.

Are BB's easy to use? I heard from several different people that if you are new to the smartphone world, BB's aren't the most user friendly.

Yes. I feel that BlackBerries are very intuitive and easy to catch on. And if you ever have any questions, no other smart phone has a community like CrackBerry

Are all emails pushed to the BB sent to one central Inbox? Or will I have seperate Inboxes for each email account I use.

You can check all of your messages in the "Messages" folder. Or you can check each one individually. There is a seperate icon for each... but you can hide those if you do not use them

I currently use my school email account as my primary. It's an .edu account and I heard that people have had problems setting this up on the BB's. I currently check this account through the internet (Microsoft Exchange?) and would want it pushed to my BB when I get one. Would this be a problem?

I check my .edu accounts on my BlackBerry... and they work fine. If you can access them from any POP client, you can access them over BIS.

Not sure which BB I'm going to get. Torn between the Bold and the Curve. Which one would you recommend to someone who is new to the smartphone world?

Bold is not out yet... but if you can wait, then get the Bold. If not... the Curve is a solid and amazing device.

Lastly, I'm currently an ATT customer and know how much the data plans are for the current BB's but knowing that the Bold has 3g capabilities, does anyone know how much the pricing on that data plan will be?

I assume it will be the same as the currect BIS data plan...

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to CrackBerry You will learn a ton here...
    08-11-08 09:54 AM
    Welcome aboard.

You'll luv your bb.

All you answers can be found by searching the various threads. Each one is almost a different topic and has probably be discussed in great length already.

The search is quite easy to use.

To get a better understanding of your new toy start here.

New Users Guide to CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com
    08-11-08 09:54 AM
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I forgot to ask one question:

When replying to emails from different accounts, will you be replying from the primary email address you have setup on your BB or will you be replying from the account which you received the email from?

Thanks!
    08-11-08 10:02 AM
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I forgot to ask one question:

When replying to emails from different accounts, will you be replying from the primary email address you have setup on your BB or will you be replying from the account which you received the email from?

Thanks!
    You can set it up either way... it is fully customizable in that regard
    08-11-08 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD