I seriously can't read Geller's BGR articles about BlackBerry. Something seriously went wrong with this guy. They should forbid him to write about BB because he is anything than objective. But read for yourself:

The Boy Genius Report: What is BlackBerry thinking? | BGR
    05-14-13 11:57 AM
    I seriously can't read Geller's BGR articles about BlackBerry. Something seriously went wrong with this guy. They should forbid him to write about BB because he is anything than objective. But read for yourself:

it's more upsetting to see you post this. you're likely him. this post reeks of his desperation for pagehits. won't click.
    05-14-13 11:59 AM

-10 for the link
    anon(3896606) and Vorkosigan like this.
    05-14-13 12:00 PM
    Don't use the link above.

The Boy Genius Report: What is BlackBerry thinking?

12:50 PM
    At the company’s BlackBerry Live conference on Tuesday, BlackBerry announced what could be interpreted as zero positive news for the company. First, there’s the BlackBerry Q5 mid-range QWERTY handset that runs BlackBerry 10. Pricing was conveniently not announced. Industry watchers are chiming in saying that BlackBerry really needs to hit a $250 price point at full retail in order to compete in Asia and other similar markets. Let me spoil it for you.

There is no chance BlackBerry is selling the BlackBerry Q5 for $250 full retail. I would be shocked, completely blown away, if that phone came in under $350 before subsidies. And let’s be honest here — in a day and age where consumers who can only afford a $200 smartphone are finally able to enjoy a large full-touch handsets with Android apps and a good all-around experience, they’re not going to choose a tiny screen with cheap plastic buttons, no quality apps, no true push email… and elect to pay more for it. Never.

The only other announcement was that BlackBerry was finally, finally bringing BlackBerry Messenger to the iOS and Android platforms, with full cross-platform compatibility. Besides showcasing another extremely tragic case of how BlackBerry has completely missed the mobile messaging explosion over the last three years — when BlackBerry possibly could have starved WhatsApp and Kik when they first came onto the scene — BlackBerry is now bringing the only unique service offering the company has left to other platforms in order to try to compete with other messaging services.

Remember, this is a company that could not figure out how to get BlackBerry Messenger working with its first tablet, and one that still can’t figure out how to make BlackBerry Messenger work across multiple devices on the same account like Apple was able to do from day one.

Tuesday’s event shows how BlackBerry still doesn’t get it: Misleading statements about how many more messages on BlackBerry Messenger are being sent than competing services, misleading statements about application numbers, misleading statements about revenue per developer being higher than another platform, a mid-range plastic keyboard phone that will likely be too expensive, and the upcoming loss of the only lock-in BlackBerry still offered ends our coverage of today’s events.

BlackBerry shares were trading down more than 4% following BlackBerry’s keynote.

Perhaps it's the Boy Genius that just doesn't get it.
    05-14-13 12:02 PM
    It's a bit odd that given how many people on this forum despise anything BGR (not a fan myself), and can't stand the way the site reports on BB in general, yet still go out of their way to visit the site just to see what they're saying next.

Here's a tip... don't visit their site, and you won't have to tolerate their vitriol.
    05-14-13 12:50 PM
    Amen to that. Thanks OP but I don't give away my free click either.
    it's more upsetting to see you post this. you're likely him. this post reeks of his desperation for pagehits. won't click.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-14-13 12:52 PM
    My comment to the author of this article is, "Buddy, brace yourself to be shocked!" LOL.
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    05-14-13 12:55 PM
    It's a bit odd that given how many people on this forum despise anything BGR (not a fan myself), and can't stand the way the site reports on BB in general, yet still go out of their way to visit the site just to see what they're saying next.

Here's a tip... don't visit their site, and you won't have to tolerate their vitriol.
    Gluttons for punishment I guess. Some people around here just seek and feed off of negativity.
    Saiga and bobauckland like this.
    05-14-13 12:57 PM
    Geller who??
    05-14-13 01:02 PM
    Ok. I read it. Where is he lying?

Posted via CB10
    PFman likes this.
    05-14-13 01:19 PM
    To be fair... The issue most people have with BGR (at least, in my opinion) isn't so much what they report, but how they report it. It's the presentation that gets people fired up (and given their track record, obviously intentional). Sure their articles are sometimes/often filled with factual information, but it's the emphasis on negativity, the spin, and the sensationalism that BGR practices that makes it a trash rag. BGR is like the Michael Moore of mobile tech blogging.

I choose not to read their articles, not from fear of getting bad information, but more because it's just trash.
    05-14-13 01:26 PM
    To be fair... The issue most people have with BGR (at least, in my opinion) isn't so much what they report, but how they report it. It's the presentation that gets people fired up (and given their track record, obviously intentional). Sure their articles are sometimes/often filled with factual information, but it's the emphasis on negativity, the spin, and the sensationalism that BGR practices that makes it a trash rag. BGR is like the Michael Moore of mobile tech blogging.
    If it has factual information who cares what spin is on it? We can read.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:30 PM
    OMG, did you just hear that? BGR is in BBRY damage control because BBRY isn't dead as they stated. Again.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:06 PM
    So my question is, and no offense to OP, are we really gonna make a thread about how BGR bashes BB every time he does it. Dude has been like this for years. Are people expecting him to change because people over at crackberry are crying about it.

Like others say, just don't click the articles if it bothers u that much. Personally, I don't know if I'm sadder by all the trolling going on over at BGR in the comments about BB, or by how the BB fans resort to personal attacks because they can't ignore those trolls...that site is becoming a joke very fast
    05-14-13 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    The last paragraph

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:20 PM
    The last paragraph

Posted via CB10
    Lol really? Shares down 4% seems like a fact to me. Need some glasses maybe?
    05-14-13 04:39 PM
    Here is the response I got from geller after I called him a joke.

Geller bashes BB again!-img_00000025.png

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:48 PM
    You called him a joke, seems like a fair retaliation. Why you people keep giving him publicity is beyond me.
    05-14-13 04:51 PM
    I wasn't offended in the least btw. I've never said anything negative of twitter to anyone until today.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:53 PM
    The last paragraph

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? Do you even read what you post?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:23 PM
    If JG wants to be considered a professional then he cannot post comments like this no matter what was said - rude or not. Can you imagine the backlash if he were a real reporter, a celebrity, or a professional athlete? Part of being in the spotlight is keeping your composure amongst your naysayers. He would either be fined or fired.
    05-14-13 11:27 PM
    I wasn't offended in the least btw. I've never said anything negative of twitter to anyone until today.

Posted via CB10
    I tweeted him several times today and never got a response. Weird. I'm not surprised, though. I just hate that, outside of the tech circles, this guy is seen as a legitimate tech expert.
    05-14-13 11:36 PM
    I used to enjoy BGR when it first launched, before it turned to strictly biased reporting. They would sprinkle just enough not-rabidly-anti-BB articles to keep me from losing the bookmark and deleting the feed from my newsfeeds. But at some point I figured it out and I closed the Iron Door on BGR. Haven't missed a beat and definitely haven't missed that site. I expected that I'd still run across the
    05-14-13 11:51 PM
    He is screaming for attention. And he got it. This guy has some serious inferiority complex

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:00 AM
    How about the part where he said "no true push email"? I pretty much stopped reading right then and there.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:12 AM
54 123