To counter your point, who watches netflix on their phone? I understand a YouTube video or music video, but a TV show or a film? People have better things to be doing than watching Games of Thrones when they are on the train or bus. I for one am studying French, Italian and German, reading news articles, checking reddit, craigslist, facebook, twitter, jotting down new ideas, txting friends, emailing, helping someone practice their english in Taiwan over skype, reading ebooks, listening to lectures and checking Wikipedia. You know sometimes I even put my phone down to have a conversation with the person next to me. And....sometimes I just sit and quiet my mind (Ooooo I get goose bumps just thinking how scary it is) When I am ready to watch a film or tv show it's when I'm home. Where I can relax on the couch and enjoy it on a 50" screen with surround sound.

The type of person who watches netflix on their phone, is the type who still has Cable in their home. And who hasn't cut the cord yet in this day and age?
    Just because you do those things doesn't mean everybody else does.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-16-15 05:09 PM
    No they got into this "s#@thole" by not creating a modern OS to compete with ios and android.

Don't jump on someone because they can afford a 74" screen and prefer to watch Netflix on it instead of their tinny a$$ phone.

To counter your point, who watches netflix on their phone? I understand a YouTube video or music video, but a TV show or a film? People have better things to be doing than watching Games of Thrones when they are on the train or bus. I for one am studying French, Italian and German, reading news articles, checking reddit, craigslist, facebook, twitter, jotting down new ideas, txting friends, emailing, helping someone practice their english in Taiwan over skype, reading ebooks, listening to lectures and checking Wikipedia. You know sometimes I even put my phone down to have a conversation with the person next to me. And....sometimes I just sit and quiet my mind (Ooooo I get goose bumps just thinking how scary it is) When I am ready to watch a film or tv show it's when I'm home. Where I can relax on the couch and enjoy it on a 50" screen with surround sound.

The type of person who watches netflix on their phone, is the type who still has Cable in their home. And who hasn't cut the cord yet in this day and age? The news you get is completely controlled and lacks any hard hitting critical analysis, the shows are mediocre even though you have a thousand channels to choose from, commercials are everywhere and it's just a waste of time and money.

"Triple the garlic in any given recipe"
    Obviously you haven't had the opportunity to either cast your stream to a larger display device. Or enjoy the benefits of watching on a tablet that is more than suitable to stream a movie.

Penned via Tapatalk
    03-16-15 05:22 PM
    Obviously you haven't had the opportunity to either cast your stream to a larger display device. Or enjoy the benefits of watching on a tablet that is more than suitable to stream a movie.
    Penned via Tapatalk
    A 10" tablet I'd be fine with, a 5" or 6" phone you have to be desperate

03-16-15 09:57 PM
    A 10" tablet I'd be fine with, a 5" or 6" phone you have to be desperate

But your missed the one benefit: streaming to bigger devices. Great when one is on the road.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-16-15 11:25 PM
    I have a theory that Blackberry folks ***** more because the Crackberry app is so easy to use and well integrated. Evidence mounts!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CharlieV#AC; 03-17-15 at 12:24 AM.
    03-16-15 11:37 PM
    Sometimes I use the Netflix app to manage my personal list. Also there are plenty of standup comedy episodes which are just fine to watch on a small device.
    03-17-15 12:13 AM
    My kids DS has it. lol
    You have kids?
    03-17-15 12:21 AM
    If it's in the amazon store why does it need to be duplicated in the bbworld store? We have both stores already

Posted via CB10
    Guess it's not... Thank goodness for Cobalt and his BlackBerry Google Play Store

Gee, Thanks a Lot Netflix...-img_20150328_140223.png
    03-28-15 08:04 AM
    Guess it's not... Thank goodness for Cobalt and his BlackBerry Google Play Store
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150328_140223.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	344243
    Or install 1MobileMarket which would be a lot quicker and easier to obtain Netflix.
    03-29-15 09:45 AM
    The latest version is on APK Mirror

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    03-29-15 09:59 AM
    Or install 1MobileMarket which would be a lot quicker and easier to obtain Netflix.
    Why would I want 1mobile when I can have Google Play Store? No thanks
    03-29-15 04:45 PM
    I don't think those two camps are that contradictory. Netflix could afford to develop a BB10 app and/or support a native or ported app. The argument from the camps is that neither has a great business case.

Do you think that, if the Android runtime didn't exist, a native BB10 app would exist? Without more users on the platform, the only way that a native app was ever going to happen was if BlackBerry paid the app bounty, which they apparently refused to do for Netflix.
    Refused to pay the app bounty!? BlackBerry approached Netflix and practically begged on hands and knees for permission to write and maintain a native Netflix app that would have cost Netflix zero dollars yet Netflix said no, and this was before the Playbook was released! I'm not a conspiracy theory nut but I have to question why the Netflix app along with other popular Android apps suddenly became unavailable for BlackBerry devices on the Amazon app store, and don't give me the total B.S excuse that the app devs are doing this because of compatibility issues. These apps that have mysteriously disappeared from the Amazon store run perfectly on my Passport, Z10, and Z30!

Loving my Passport!
    03-30-15 02:05 AM
    Refused to pay the app bounty!? BlackBerry approached Netflix and practically begged on hands and knees for permission to write and maintain a native Netflix app that would have cost Netflix zero dollars yet Netflix said no, and this was before the Playbook was released! I'm not a conspiracy theory nut but I have to question why the Netflix app along with other popular Android apps suddenly became unavailable for BlackBerry devices on the Amazon app store, and don't give me the total B.S excuse that the app devs are doing this because of compatibility issues. These apps that have mysteriously disappeared from the Amazon store run perfectly on my Passport, Z10, and Z30!

Loving my Passport!
    Ask any tenured developer, and they'd laugh at BBRY's account. The only folks who bought that "offer" were CB folks. There is no way Netflix would allow another party handle development, just as BBRY would never allow other folks develop BBM ports.

Nah, the simplest answer is the one that makes sense: Netflix asked for too much (IMHO), and BBRY opted to pass on it. Consisting what I've heard some of the big app developers were asking (plus the promise of the runtime), I can see why BBRY would decline.
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    03-30-15 02:13 AM
    Ask any tenured developer, and they'd laugh at BBRY's account. The only folks who bought that "offer" were CB folks. There is no way Netflix would allow another party handle development, just as BBRY would never allow other folks develop BBM ports.

Nah, the simplest answer is the one that makes sense: Netflix asked for too much (IMHO), and BBRY opted to pass on it. Consisting what I've heard some of the big app developers were asking (plus the promise of the runtime), I can see why BBRY would decline.
    And you don't find it just a little bit strange that Netflix pulled BlackBerry devices from accessing it's Amazon app even though it works perfectly on BlackBerry's Android runtime?

Loving my Passport!
    03-30-15 02:34 AM
    And you don't find it just a little bit strange that Netflix pulled BlackBerry devices from accessing it's Amazon app even though it works perfectly on BlackBerry's Android runtime?

Loving my Passport!
    Yes, but any developer has the power to select unsupported devices for their app. Amazon or BB can't really force Netflix to support BB10 devices, even from the amazon appstore.
    03-30-15 03:00 AM
    Yes, but any developer has the power to select unsupported devices for their app. Amazon or BB can't really force Netflix to support BB10 devices, even from the amazon appstore.
    It was proven that the Amazon Netflix app did in fact work perfectly on BlackBerry devices, heck even the one you can download from the Google Play store via snap works just fine. Now all of a sudden Netflix decides to block BlackBerry users from using their Amazon app why? Just because? Lol

Loving my Passport!
    03-30-15 04:00 AM
    It was proven that the Amazon Netflix app did in fact work perfectly on BlackBerry devices, heck even the one you can download from the Google Play store via snap works just fine. Now all of a sudden Netflix decides to block BlackBerry users from using their Amazon app why? Just because? Lol

Loving my Passport!
    Maybe support costs. Even if it works, they just don't want to deal with any issues with the android runtime on BB10.
    03-30-15 04:17 AM
    Let's face it, folks. The app situation on BB10 is still a mess.

Nobody can seem to explain why suddenly certain Amazon Appstore apps are not available on certain BB10 devices.

For example, I couldn't download Amazon Music on my Q10. Had to have a buddy of mine BBM me the APK. And it ran just fine (with the usual Android runtime lag).

I don't want to have to hack my own device or search for APKs just to get my phone to do what I want. There comes a point where it's just not worth my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    03-30-15 08:04 AM
    Maybe support costs. Even if it works, they just don't want to deal with any issues with the android runtime on BB10.
    Realistically, they probably just saw the word "BlackBerry" on the list of devices allowed to download the app and unchecked it because it was the word "BlackBerry".

Maybe the solution is for BlackBerry to register 10.3.1 devices as "Uknown Android" devices on Amazon (as it they were on 10.2.1). Netflix had no problem allowing "unknown Android" devices download their app from Amazon, but BlackBerry?... they have a problem with that.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    skibnik likes this.
    03-30-15 12:20 PM
    Most of the masses dont even know what they want anymore. There's always something to complain about and somehow that's blackberry's fault? Smh

Posted via CB10

...I don't think that's entirely correct, but you're on the right track...I think that they know what they want (or they wouldn't have bought what they have)...I think that they don't know WHY they want it...they just follow the person in front of them, or just buy what they are told what they need without putting in any real thought of their own...look at the consumer market of say 40 or 50 years ago when there were many brands of whatever...and people bought on their own choice...but once people got lazy and the mass marketing machine (right or wrong) got going, people stopped (in general) making decisions for themselves and brand choices started to fall away to whoever had the biggest marketing budget...even if their product was complete ****e (and it more often than not is, as that's one of the bigger reasons to market something...truly good items sell themselves) will out sell...because if someone tells you that you need it long enough, you will believe it...

It's a shame that society has gone in this direction as there were (and still is to some degree) some really good stuff out there. I myself rarely buy 'mainstream' products...I generally look around and I usually find something better when I go out and look for it...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    03-30-15 12:37 PM
    ...I don't think that's entirely correct, but you're on the right track...I think that they know what they want (or they wouldn't have bought what they have)...I think that they don't know WHY they want it...they just follow the person in front of them, or just buy what they are told what they need without putting in any real thought of their own...look at the consumer market of say 40 or 50 years ago when there were many brands of whatever...and people bought on their own choice...but once people got lazy and the mass marketing machine (right or wrong) got going, people stopped (in general) making decisions for themselves and brand choices started to fall away to whoever had the biggest marketing budget...even if their product was complete ****e (and it more often than not is, as that's one of the bigger reasons to market something...truly good items sell themselves) will out sell...because if someone tells you that you need it long enough, you will believe it...

It's a shame that society has gone in this direction as there were (and still is to some degree) some really good stuff out there. I myself rarely buy 'mainstream' products...I generally look around and I usually find something better when I go out and look for it...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    I don't think this is true at all. The trend is the exact opposite of what you are saying. If anything consumers are getting more proactive in choosing the right products. All major online retailers (including the big one: Amazon) have reviews for each individual product. Lots of people leave detailed reviews and rank products with a number of stars. Further, in my experience, a lot of people read the reviews and consider the points made by the reviewers. At a minimum, many people consider the average number of stars for a product. Also, the Internet is full of product review sites (for smartphones alone there are numerous sites), wherein competing products are extensively tested and compared.

Years ago, there was no way to compare products other than to listen to advertising and hopefully have friends who had the products to compare. Consumers are getting more informed, not less. Do you really believe that consumers are less informed than they were 40 to 50 years ago? There is a reason that years ago they started calling this the Information Age.

I know it's hard for many people on CB to believe, but Apple and Android smartphones are a good choice for most people. The dominance of those products does not signify that the masses are uninformed.
    04-11-15 07:36 AM
    I don't care for Netflix and don't use it at all. Everyone here seems bothered by this subject. Obviously Netflix doesn't have a deal with BlackBerry and is blocking all BlackBerry handset from accessing the app. In the end result it's the customers that suffers and until Netflix is losing more customers, it won't give into customer's demand to allow BlackBerry devices access.
    04-11-15 07:57 AM

I know it's hard for many people on CB to believe, but Apple and Android smartphones are a good choice for most people. The dominance of those products does not signify that the masses are uninformed.
    CB logic at its finest. We believe that we BB owners/users -- 8 figures strong -- do not count as the "masses."
    04-11-15 09:06 AM
    Yes exactly, then don't complain because BB doesn't have Netflix. Most BB users don't care about Netflix on their BB devices, this is why Netflix doesn't care about BB users.
    If BB users were that picky, BB would have been dead long time ago. Only thing that's keeping people with BB is the Hub + Email/Communication, that's it. Who goes and buys a Passport because of it's amazing 1:1 screen so they can see someone's chest x-rays without panning left and right.. nobody.
    At my Hospital, the Radiologists all have iPhones , and never heard of the Passport, as BlackBerry does not advertise in medical journals ( or any place else it seems).

TCB on Z10
    04-11-15 10:30 AM
    I don't think this is true at all. The trend is the exact opposite of what you are saying. If anything consumers are getting more proactive in choosing the right products. All major online retailers (including the big one: Amazon) have reviews for each individual product. Lots of people leave detailed reviews and rank products with a number of stars. Further, in my experience, a lot of people read the reviews and consider the points made by the reviewers. At a minimum, many people consider the average number of stars for a product. Also, the Internet is full of product review sites (for smartphones alone there are numerous sites), wherein competing products are extensively tested and compared.

Years ago, there was no way to compare products other than to listen to advertising and hopefully have friends who had the products to compare. Consumers are getting more informed, not less. Do you really believe that consumers are less informed than they were 40 to 50 years ago? There is a reason that years ago they started calling this the Information Age.

Exactly. Heck some retailers like Best Buy have QR codes next to their products so they can read customer reviews right there in the store! It seems I'm always perusing online product reviews for one thing or another, even if it's for something small like deodorant!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-11-15 10:38 AM
159 ... 4567