04-27-09 12:28 PM
- I got an email from Handango:
"Garmin Mobile Deliver maps, directions and turn-by-turn navigation right in your BlackBerry for incredible GPS functionality Only $9.99/Month"
Garmin Mobile for US & Canada (8310, Monthly) - Handango
Seems to show both a ONE-TIME fee or a Monthly fee.04-08-09 09:25 AM
- You have the option to go monthly, or the one-time device fee. They have always had the monthly fee option and only added the one-time device fee about a year ago.
I don't own a seperate Garmin device, but from what I hear, the BB software resembles the Nuvi display. It works very well for me on my BB (although I wish it supported bluetooth audio).04-22-09 09:49 AM
When I went to a few of their links about a week ago, I noticed that they still seem to have some offering with maps on SD cards, I believe. That would mean NO DATA would be necessary. Did you even see or explore that option? Then again, I'm not sure if that works on the 8830???04-22-09 02:51 PM
- I don't think the SD card version works with BlackBerries. I could be wrong, though.
What I like about the Garmin Mobile version for BlackBerry is that the maps get updated automatically when they update their servers. I wonder what the update process is if you have the SD card version?04-22-09 04:56 PM
- I don't know about map updates for the sd cards but I don't think you get updates - you don't when you purchase the maps for their actual gps units (or computer). You have to periodically purchase new maps. I have their 76CS with a variety of maps - now most are older!04-22-09 07:59 PM
- The SD card maps are designed for the portable units like the nuvis. The Blackberry version always gets it's current maps direct from Garmin and there are no maps stored locally. The BB interface is a lot like the nuvis but with less detail and much less "drill-down" capabilities.04-23-09 05:58 AM
- Now i am thinking of downloading garmin mobile for my bberry curve 8310 as i tried the 7 day trial and i really like it. I also know its 99.99 for lifetime on the same phone and if i get it from bberry vip lounge it is only 79.99....I am thinking of upgrading my phone to curve 8900 and if i pay the 79.99 i wont be able to carry it over to a new device.... While i have the curve 8310 i want to setup the monthly subscription and does anybody know any software websites that allows you to do it? So far i have only found handango...anybody else is aware of any other sites that allows you to download the garmin mobile on a monthly subscription? Did anybody have hard time cancelling the monthly subscription with handango or any other websites? Please let me know.
Garmin Mobile for US & Canada (8310, Monthly) : BlackBerry Curve 8310 : Handango04-27-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD