Today I tried connecting my Garmin 760 to my BB Curve. It connected fairly easily. The problem it has it that it terminates connection if I don't make a call or do anything. If I am on a call or make a call it works. It's when I do nothing that it automatically "terminates" the connection.

I'd like to be able to keep it connected while driving.

I was impressed that it connected to all my contacts.

Please advise!
    09-04-08 08:27 PM
    You may be experiencing a common problem with all BlackBerries and Bluetooth. That is, if you disable the Bluetooth Activity LED on the BlackBerry, (because the blinking blue light annoys you, for example) then the BlackBerry will drop connections. Enabling the LED won't solve all Bluetooth problems, but disabling it will cause dropped connections. If you have it disabled, try enabling it and see if that solves your problem.
    09-04-08 09:54 PM
    Thanks. I don't think I disabled the blinking LED. I'm not even sure how to do this? BTW, how do I do it. I will keep playing with this since I'd love for this to work with my Garmin.

You may be experiencing a common problem with all BlackBerries and Bluetooth. That is, if you disable the Bluetooth Activity LED on the BlackBerry, (because the blinking blue light annoys you, for example) then the BlackBerry will drop connections. Enabling the LED won't solve all Bluetooth problems, but disabling it will cause dropped connections. If you have it disabled, try enabling it and see if that solves your problem.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 10:40 PM
    Thanks. I don't think I disabled the blinking LED. I'm not even sure how to do this? BTW, how do I do it...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Options / Bluetooth / Menu / Options / LED Connection Indicator: On/Off

Another thing to check: Once you've successfully paired, select the Garmin, press Menu, and select Device Properties. Then press menu one more time, and select "Refresh Service List." Now watch closely. You will see "Waiting for Garmin..." Then you may see nothing (which is good), or you may briefly see "Unable to connect to Garmin..." You have to watch, because the message won't stay on your screen. If you see it, just refresh the service list again, until it connects.
    09-04-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD