What advantage or benefit could gamepad support have on BB10 gaming from controllers like the wii mote?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 01:09 AM
    You don't have to use your thumbs or fingers on the screen which isn't the best PLUS you can connect the phone or tablet to a tv or monitor and have a better gaming experience. You can connect two controllers allowing multiplayer gaming.
    12-18-12 08:31 AM
    Plus, you could hook your PlayBook up to a TV using the HDMI port and play games on a larger screen, using the game controller remotely.

I do this all the time with a bluetooth keyboard (not for games). It turns my PlayBook into a portable computer when on the road.
    12-18-12 08:50 AM
    Does any other OS have this ability?
    12-18-12 09:56 AM
    Yes...

With both Android and iOS you can buy a plethora of game pads, arcade cabinets etc. or hook your wiimotes up to them. Or use an iPhone as a controller for an iPad. It's all basic Bluetooth protocol...
    12-18-12 04:18 PM
    Yes...

With both Android and iOS you can buy a plethora of game pads, arcade cabinets etc. or hook your wiimotes up to them. Or use an iPhone as a controller for an iPad. It's all basic Bluetooth protocol...
    Not really. The OS doesn't necessarily have a driver for the gamepad, and the games have to support the gamepad also.

The PS3 supports Bluetooth, but you can't connect a Wiimoteor a Windows bluetooth controller to it and play games. You can with Windows, but that's because someone hacked together a driver that makes it work.

The way bluetooth works is that you can connect to any device and see it's capabilities. That doesn't necessarily mean that the connecting device supports the same capabilities. You can connect gamepads and joysticks to iOS and Android, but most of them seem to only work in specific games.
    12-18-12 04:44 PM