with my job comes travel, and lots of it! So when I go to the airport at this time of year I usually get delayed....but no worries!!! I pull out my BB and change my device name to something like " I See You" or " Look around" sometimes when I search devices it brings up there full name like "joe shmo's Macbook" so I use that to my advantage and send things like "Joe I see you!" or "i knw ur dirt joe shmo" and as I send it I look for someone with the device that I found! GOD the look on their face is priceless! hours of fun if you can keep a straight face!( What they see when you try to pair is "I See You" is trying to pair with this device.) little text messages that they cant send back!

Tip: once you find the person that owns the device you found, get closer so you can hear them! it makes it so much more fun when you can use their words against them!!!!:D
    03-15-09 08:11 PM
    Lol, that is hilarious, I named my wireless network 'go.pay.4. ur.own.net', and my neighbors who are totaly cheap who try to 'piggyback' off my connection haven't tried using it again. (I have the security software on it, but they had kept trying to 'hack' in by guessing multiple passwords a day)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 11:01 PM
    Yeah, i had a next door neighbor was stealing internet from my other neighbor and using it to hack accounts and the and the marshals started banging on my door one morning, im hammered and sh!t is everywhere! i get up just in time for them to see me buck naked in the living room! All because they wanted to know whos internet hes using!!!! @ssholes.
    03-16-09 01:07 AM
    I changed my buddy's WiFi name to "Warning! Virus detected." needless to say the cheap bastards haven't tried to hop on lately.
    03-16-09 01:29 AM
    PMSL! To the op I would personally 'fess up. I have played a similair game with texts where I get the number of someone I know who doesn't know mine & string them along.

It worked brilliantly when I was with a friend who was talking to them so I could get info like what they where wearing etc. It was hilarious!

03-16-09 05:05 AM
    Amusing. You shoulda seen my oldest daughters' face when she paired with me to share ringtones, and the name Security Breach;Virus Detected! pops up on her Razr. I thought she was gonna freak.

03-16-09 05:16 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who has dealt with 'net theiving neighbors. I may just try that 'virus detected' name.

03-16-09 08:48 AM
    I could only imagine her face @ Berger

03-16-09 08:50 AM
    I just changed my wireless connection name to "Indianola Police Department" keeps my neighbors WELL away from my connection lol!

03-16-09 08:52 AM
    i had neighbors once that were piggy backing off my wireless...so i took my old router and named it the same as my new one, changed the name of my active one and then left it turned on so they connected to the router without net connectivity. They actually knocked on my door and asked why the internet had been down for 5 days...i about threw him off the balcony.

anyway not thread jacking...that is a fun game @uglyamerican i do it on campus alot, especially in class lol.
    03-16-09 08:58 AM
    Schweet idea! Will def have to try that out sometime.
    03-16-09 11:08 AM
    I changed my buddy's WiFi name to "Warning! Virus detected." needless to say the cheap bastards haven't tried to hop on lately.
    This would be great to see! i bet he runs all programs to find it too! ha
    03-16-09 07:48 PM
    with my job comes travel, and lots of it! So when I go to the airport at this time of year I usually get delayed....but no worries!!! I pull out my BB and change my device name to something like " I See You" or " Look around" sometimes when I search devices it brings up there full name like "joe shmo's Macbook" so I use that to my advantage and send things like "Joe I see you!" or "i knw ur dirt joe shmo" and as I send it I look for someone with the device that I found! GOD the look on their face is priceless! hours of fun if you can keep a straight face!( What they see when you try to pair is "I See You" is trying to pair with this device.) little text messages that they cant send back!

Tip: once you find the person that owns the device you found, get closer so you can hear them! it makes it so much more fun when you can use their words against them!!!!:D
    That is so wrong. But, I like it.
    03-16-09 07:51 PM
    berger you have to try it with someone else! someone you dont know now! it gets to be so much fun!
    03-16-09 07:52 PM
    I just changed my wireless connection name to "Indianola Police Department" keeps my neighbors WELL away from my connection lol!

That.....is Awesome! i should do that with mine! aw man that is good!
    03-16-09 07:53 PM
    if you really want to go further you can tell them the code and a small message to trick them and see if you can look at some dummies pics! i dont know if you can, but you better believe im going to try
    03-16-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD