Hi everybody,

after reading so much news regarding RIM, their acquisition of Ubitexx, the new QNX smartphone, leaked screenshots of Playbook OS 2.0 I began to think about the future of RIM and for me it seems to be obvious what will happen ...

Because of the acuisition of Ubitexx RIM will be able to manage smartphones on platform like iOS and Android. The new QNX smartphone won�t be able to sync with BES but with ActiveSync. Playbook OS 2.0 most likely either. So what will RIM do? In the future they will provide devices with the QNX OS and business sync using ActiveSync. The devices will be manageable with their new (Ubitexx) Management Suite. There will be no BES in the future! They will most likely develop agents for different OSes, the agent for the Blackberry devices will include the most features. This seems to be obvious. OS7 was old when it came out, a modern OS needs to be developed. BES is far too old and bloated, a new management software is needed.

When this happens - and in my opinion it will - the era of RIM will end. Their only unique characteristic - namely BES - is that what keeps them alive. Business users don�t have any reason not to go with iOS, WP7 or Android ... what do you think?
    08-27-11 03:37 AM
    Nice post. Entertaining...... I think you are correct but with the acquisition of ubotexx it will make BB more alive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD