Ok I had an experience this weekend where I was away from all tablets and computers and needed to rely on my BB torch 9800. What has been my biggest complaint about the BB lineup is the awful performance of the browser. I needed to verify some info for a potential customer and I ended up having to call them back after calling my wife at home and having her look up something on the PC for me simply because the BB browser could not display the info on a web site. I am at the end of my rope with this and I wonder If I need to go ahead and switch to a iPhone or continue to wait on the BB 10 phones to com out hoping the browser experience will be what it should be. I mean this is ridiculous when a partner has a iPhone standing to you and he can have the info up on his phone and shoving it in your face before the BB can even finish trying to load the page. What is everyones idea on the BB10 browser. Will it be up to the challenge ?
    06-23-12 09:12 PM
    Have you tried using an alternate browser ie Opera mini?

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    06-23-12 09:16 PM
    yes I have. As a matter of fact that what I was using yesterday when I tried to look up what I needed.
    06-23-12 09:17 PM
    Gotcha, sucks that it happened to you...I experienced that awhile back and it is embarrassing...I think the bb10 browser will be on par with ios/android.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    06-23-12 09:30 PM
    One of the issues with the OS 6 browser in my opinion was just RIM needing better hardware to push it. The OS 7 browser works well. The OS 7 devices (or at least the flagship ones) have much faster processors and more memory than the OS 6 devices. I've compared my Bold 9930's browser to an Android device that's maybe less than one year old (colleagues phone). Load times and page rendering on 5-10 sites was almost exactly the same. The Android phone might have had a slight edge on a few page loads here and there. Both phones were on the same WiFi.

Additionally using the OS 7 browser on a larger screen like the Torch 9850 pretty much puts it all on par with a fairly modern Android phone in every respect in terms of the browser.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by southlander; 06-23-12 at 10:37 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-12 10:33 PM
    Yeah browsers on blackberry are pretty dog sh*t. Even when I had my bold 9900, there was always still a bit of a 'wait' for it to render fully. You could deal with it but certainly nowhere near top android or the 4S capable browsers, and this is why RIM is failing because consumers realize that browsing is important. Still my bold 9780 is good enough to pull up some sport scores, which quite frankly is all I need.
    06-24-12 12:26 AM
    Without starting a flame war... the Lumia has a decent browser. With a straight face... I don't even use the PB anymore as a browser. Just an alternative to iOS.

Fast, responsive and good zoom to DIV and TABLE areas on double tap. Also just ported two businesses to Wordpress with carts and works fine viewing large pages in what would seem at first a limited display area.
    06-24-12 12:49 AM
    Plain and simple, any Blackberry before the OS7 devices had a terrible browser. I say this from experience. I find my Bold 9900's browser to be quite capable and able to do a whole lot more then my Bold 9700 with OS5 and even after when I put OS6 on it. My advice is to upgrade to a OS7 device. It makes a world of difference, literally night and day difference IMO.
    06-24-12 01:26 AM
    You stated that you were using Opera. I've found that there are some sites that Opera Mini just doesn't load and/or display well. In which case, the native browser was required. When I was using OS6, I used both about equally depending on the site I was visiting.

Now that I'm on OS7.1, Opera doesn't get used at all. My Curve's native browser is head and shoulders above the two browsers that I used on my OS6 Bold 9650.
    06-24-12 06:58 AM
    Sorry, 6 browser is so much you might wanna pull out the sliding part of your 9800
    Now, the three devices which browse properly:

Rest are a bit slow. All in all, os 7 have the best browser and before these babies came out, the browsers are terrible.
    06-24-12 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD