Sorry if I appear naive or someone who isn't accepting reality
    But is there chance that BlackBerry will ever make phones again?
    Maybe 4-5 years from now?
    When they have enough cash and they have really got their software and IOT thing going?
    When they are earning decent amount of royalty?
    Ideally I would BlackBerry to just design the handsets and have someone else manufacture them.
    They could very well use reference designs for glass slabs as well.

Lastly is it possible that if BlackBerry should release the mercury and it does really well (I am talking huge numbers, say 5 million in 3 months or something) they will maybe 'forced' to design the PKB handsets again? (very wild imagination. More of a fantasy really)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 08:36 AM
    No.
    No chance whatsoever.
    Chen has spoken.
    09-29-16 08:50 AM
    I think the important question is not if they are going to manufacture the phones. For me, the most important question is whats the official status of BB10.

I mean, the hardware can be done by anybody else (like the iphones are made by chinese kids :-p ). The real deal for me is the future of BB10.
    09-29-16 08:58 AM
    I think they might. It's an ego thing. I think they are getting there house in order. Cutting cost and when they are on solid ground might revisit the hardware business. Or they may not. Who the ___ knows?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 09:00 AM
    I think the important question is not if they are going to manufacture the phones. For me, the most important question is whats the official status of BB10.

I mean, the hardware can be done by anybody else (like the iphones are made by chinese kids :-p ). The real deal for me is the future of BB10.
    Doesn't look good for BB10. Hasn't looked good for months since 10.3.3 has been delayed since almost beginning of year. I'd say grab yourself Android phone, a BlackBerry or different brand, however, things appear to be done for BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 09:23 AM
    Doesn't look good for BB10. Hasn't looked good for months since 10.3.3 has been delayed since almost beginning of year. I'd say grab yourself Android phone, a BlackBerry or different brand, however, things appear to be done for BB10.

I have a Z30, and just bought a Passport SE on sale on shopblackberry. I don't like android. I think Android does not offer any different from what OS10 do, besides of course for the app availability.

In my personal opinion, Android is super intrusive an insecure. There are millions of apps, yes. But you have to be nuts to install anything without knowing the risks you are getting in to. An don't forget how much the folks at Google like to read/watch/listen all you do with your phone...
    09-29-16 09:32 AM
    98% of people are fine without BlackBerry, why we should worry?
    09-29-16 09:39 AM
    Just need the pkb. Unfortunately BlackBerry was the only option for me. Apart from that I liked BlackBerry design language.
    Black looks really good on a BlackBerry
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-29-16 09:48 AM
    I have a Z30, and just bought a Passport SE on sale on shopblackberry. I don't like android. I think Android does not offer any different from what OS10 do, besides of course for the app availability.

In my personal opinion, Android is super intrusive an insecure. There are millions of apps, yes. But you have to be nuts to install anything without knowing the risks you are getting in to. An don't forget how much the folks at Google like to read/watch/listen all you do with your phone...
    What's the point of having smartphone if you can't use it as time goes on? The only real usable apps with BB10 are now Android ports.

09-29-16 09:49 AM
    "Its the ecosystem stupid". Blackberry doesn't have one and won't be building one in 4-5 years. The actual designing and outsourcing the manufacturing of phones is paltry to that.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-29-16 09:56 AM
    The future for bb10 is about the same as when the PRIV came out....there really is no future, its dead.

The future for Android on a BB joint effort with another manufacture is still up in the air. Lots of questions around what really they did yesterday. They certainly need help with other partners and whether that means the partners have to want to make the phone or if BB is just going to select a design from their portfolio like with DTEK is kinda unclear. So we have to wait and see. I think the first sign of what remains of BB Android will be how the PKB device is handled.
    JeepBB and web99 like this.
    09-29-16 09:57 AM
    What's the point of having smartphone if you can't use it as time goes on? The only real usable apps with BB10 are now Android ports.

Why you couldn't use it as time goes on? It will self-destruct?
    09-29-16 09:59 AM
    The future for bb10 is about the same as when the PRIV came out....there really is no future, its dead.
    Thats what we all think, but what I really want is an official statement from Blackberry, one way or the other.
    09-29-16 10:01 AM
    Why you couldn't use it as time goes on? It will self-destruct?
    Because the apps aren't been updated really
    Nor the OS itself
    So unless you are going to be happy with how things are the life of the phone, it's pretty unusable.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-29-16 10:02 AM
    Thats what we all think, but what I really want is an official statement from Blackberry, one way or the other.
    they will never do that until ever last bb10 device is sold. And they still need to get 10.3.3 out the door too.

also this is pretty much how i see everything that was announced yesterday
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post12606505
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-16 10:03 AM

It's almost certain that there is never going to be another BB10 phone. Even if they ever get back into hardware in any possible way, it won't be with BB10 unless they somehow manage to accumulate as much as money as Apple has (again unlikely)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 10:03 AM
    "Its the ecosystem stupid". Blackberry doesn't have one and won't be building one in 4-5 years. The actual designing and outsourcing the manufacturing of phones is paltry to that.
    This. iOS has developed for the PC, TV, connected home, car, mobile, and tablet, also works quite well with gaming platforms. Even Microsoft has a slice of that market quite well also.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and cgk like this.
    09-29-16 10:04 AM
    Because the apps aren't been updated really
    Nor the OS itself
    So unless you are going to be happy with how things are the life of the phone, it's pretty unusable.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Thats partially true. I'm not a heavy app user myself, but the few apps I do use, like Neutron player for example, gets updated regularly. The mayority of the functions that I do use (pdf, browsing, excel&word docs, etc) are part of the OS, so they'll keep working.
    09-29-16 10:07 AM
    Honestly, from all what I have seen now and in the recent years, sadly I think the name BlackBerry will disappear entirely from the smartphone world at some point not too far in time.

09-29-16 11:54 AM
    Just invest in a new iPhone and forget BlackBerry ever existed

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 11:58 AM
    Thats partially true. I'm not a heavy app user myself, but the few apps I do use, like Neutron player for example, gets updated regularly. The mayority of the functions that I do use (pdf, browsing, excel&word docs, etc) are part of the OS, so they'll keep working.
    The webkit that the browser is based on is not updated anymore. Browsing will only get more difficult as the web evolves. Security patches are few and far between. The installed battery will not last forever. I hope that you did not buy that Passport hoping to be able to use it for a few years. I'm not saying it was a bad purchase, only the individual can determine what is best for himself, as long as expectations are reasonable.
    09-29-16 01:25 PM
    The only real usable apps with BB10 are now Android ports.
    Not in MY case !
    09-29-16 01:33 PM
    The future will see new BlackBerry phones. Maye a partnership or license but they will appear. There will be new pkb phones too, if not BlackBerry then another company. This future may be many many years in coming but what goes around, comes around.

Remember vinyl? Killed by cds, now back as a niche market.

Remember the IBM pcs? IBM dropped out but at least sort of returned with the lenovo laptops.

Remember your beloved NES game system? Well nintendo is releasing a new classic NES system that has the best games built in.

Remember hostess? The twinkle died a bad death a couple of years ago but presto reappeared again in a new hostess company.

The point is, things look very bleak right now for BlackBerry, but a lot can change in a few years, so who knows?

Passport!
    togarika and lushpinkgirl like this.
    09-29-16 01:42 PM
    The future will see new BlackBerry phones. Maye a partnership or license but they will appear. There will be new pkb phones too, if not BlackBerry then another company. This future may be many many years in coming but what goes around, comes around.

Remember vinyl? Killed by cds, now back as a niche market.

Remember the IBM pcs? IBM dropped out but at least sort of returned with the lenovo laptops.

Remember your beloved NES game system? Well nintendo is releasing a new classic NES system that has the best games built in.

Remember hostess? The twinkle died a bad death a couple of years ago but presto reappeared again in a new hostess company.

The point is, things look very bleak right now for BlackBerry, but a lot can change in a few years, so who knows?

Passport!
    ........Always look on the bright side.........
    DrBoomBotz and app_Developer like this.
    09-29-16 01:47 PM
    No.
    No chance whatsoever.
    Chen has spoken.
    Never say never

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-29-16 01:52 PM
78 123 ...