Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. srv2790's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    PIN
    30B6E89A
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Fully Threaded SMS

    Everyone wants threaded sms, I know I do. Some say it is coming with the release of 5.0 other say its getting incoporated with BBM... Does anyone know for sure what, when, and where this is gonna be?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  2. TheSultan's Avatar
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

    Posts
    5,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    No, but people will gladly provide rumors.
  3. LonerATO's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I think threaded SMS is the reason I am still using my iPhone
  4. Jgweebz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Ya I have the Tour but my bestfriend has an iPhone and I always like using his texting lol.
  5. boomhower1820's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    699 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srv2790 View Post
    Does anyone know for sure what, when, and where this is gonna be?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I doubt RIM even knows the answer to that right now. Everything is just speculation but they will be making a huge mistake if they don't implement it on 5.0. It has gotten to be something people expect in this class of device. If they stay the course of being way behind their competition they will start losing consumers.
  6. srv2790's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    PIN
    30B6E89A
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    I agree. It is not that hard to rewrite the software code for their OS to simply categorize each incoming and outgoing message into a subfolder relative to a contact name. I just wish someone could rewrite it into a hybrid at the least.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. litesout's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Ain't that the truth. Threaded text was the one major complaint I've had about the Blackberry. BBM is nice and all, but you only get the benefit when sending messages to other BB users. Makes me almost miss my WinMo Treo.
  8. Ronedy Moore's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I know one thing, if threaded SMS isn't out by mid aug when my contract expires, I'm leaving the BB family. This doesn't make ANY SENSE. A device of this caliber doesn't have threaded sms. It's a joke. Almost ALL devices have threaded sms now, and blackberry doesn't?? It's almost unbelievable.
  9. JoeyMoose's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,669 Posts
    PIN
    K Floyd
    #9  

    Default

    It is almost unbelievable, which makes me think that RIM will get it together soon...................Hopefully
    {+_+} Droid... 2.1/Rooted

    If you can't "Contribute" to a thread, Don't Post!
  10. Tyrrell117's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    134 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Threaded SMS is nothing, I want my freaking blackberry to VIBRATE AND RING AT THE SAME TIME.

    THAT is something a Blackberry SHOULD have. I can't beleive people care more about stupid threaded SMS.
  11. mark-d's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    954 Posts
    Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Is threaded sms really such a big deal? I mean you can set the number of previous messages to display in your options and even if it doesn't group them together in the sms display list you can surely follow the conversation that way?

    It would be nice if it was implemented as a feature but surely it's not worth leaving BB over when there's already a good work around available?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  12. theusedpanic's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    86 Posts
    PIN
    30B4BD37
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrell117 View Post
    Threaded SMS is nothing, I want my freaking blackberry to VIBRATE AND RING AT THE SAME TIME.

    THAT is something a Blackberry SHOULD have. I can't beleive people care more about stupid threaded SMS.
    theres a application for that, search for it and download, i can't remember the name of it. and no offense but thats about as simple as a feature as threaded sms
  13. theusedpanic's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    86 Posts
    PIN
    30B4BD37
    #13  

    Default

    why do people Replys only to complain about what the person is wanting or talking about, if it doesn't apply to you just move on and go to one that does, making people seem petty and dumb for wanting a feature that should come on a expensive device like a blackberry is not so much to ask for seriously. is there any nice people left on crackberry? lol geez. i'm not hating on yall for your opinon but just cuz its not something you want don't make people that want it, which is alot of people, feel stupid


    ONElove
  14. Devlyn16's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,824 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrell117 View Post
    Threaded SMS is nothing, I want my freaking blackberry to VIBRATE AND RING AT THE SAME TIME.

    THAT is something a Blackberry SHOULD have. I can't beleive people care more about stupid threaded SMS.
    the leaked 5.0 OS for the storm allegedly does this (hant installed it yet myself)

    So there is hope for 5.0 compatable devices to do this WITHOUT having to turn to a 3rd party App.
    NOW 5.0.0.419
    Build Date:??????
  15. DenverRalphy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,307 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,882 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark-d View Post
    Is threaded sms really such a big deal? <snip>

    It would be nice if it was implemented as a feature but surely it's not worth leaving BB over when there's already a good work around available?
    Some people just find it important to champion the minor details. If they don't have something to rant about, they would have to work or think harder for something to post about. It's not a BB phenomena either, it's internet-wide on pretty much every device/hardware/software forum. Kinda falls into mob mentality. The moment one person speaks up about it, suddenly everybody jumps on the wagon.

    I hear where you're comin from though. I could think of many other features I'd sooner see changed (ie... wordwrap in the BB browser's textbox fields).
  16. Ronedy Moore's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark-d View Post
    Is threaded sms really such a big deal? I mean you can set the number of previous messages to display in your options and even if it doesn't group them together in the sms display list you can surely follow the conversation that way?

    It would be nice if it was implemented as a feature but surely it's not worth leaving BB over when there's already a good work around available?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    obviously it is..
  17. monicole's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theusedpanic View Post
    why do people Replys only to complain about what the person is wanting or talking about, if it doesn't apply to you just move on and go to one that does, making people seem petty and dumb for wanting a feature that should come on a expensive device like a blackberry is not so much to ask for seriously. is there any nice people left on crackberry? lol geez. i'm not hating on yall for your opinon but just cuz its not something you want don't make people that want it, which is alot of people, feel stupid


    ONElove
    ITA!! I want my threaded messages back so bad that it's killing me!! It's no doubt that the BB is awesome but it does lack minimal things that most other phones have.
  18. jason1114's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Threaded SMS is available in 5.0 OS i have it on my storms and love it
  19. Radius's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,309 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,321 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srv2790 View Post
    Everyone wants threaded sms, I know I do. Some say it is coming with the release of 5.0 other say its getting incoporated with BBM... Does anyone know for sure what, when, and where this is gonna be?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I certainly don't want it.
  20. Bach56's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    179 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theusedpanic View Post
    theres a application for that, search for it and download, i can't remember the name of it. and no offense but thats about as simple as a feature as threaded sms
    The app is called bChat and apparently provides threaded SMS. I didn't d/l it yet, as the reviews seem to indicate that you still have to mark the message as read in the regular SMS folder. Adding a step isn't my definition of convenience, but I agree that having threaded SMS is a no-brainer for RIM.
  21. papped's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,881 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Isn't it already available in the leaked OS5 revisions....
    So shouldn't these threads be dead now...

    For example, people talking about threaded sms problems means they already have it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/thr...0-tour-320492/
    Last edited by papped; 09-22-2009 at 02:11 PM.
  22. BewitchedWitch21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    338 Posts
    PIN
    PM for pin
    #22  

    Default

    I believe its only on the actual OS of 5.0 (not just bbm5.0). I actually don't mind threaded texting, but I somewhat enjoy it the way it is; since thats what I'm used to.
  23. dpkass's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Is there a way to get the Text message to pop up on the screen rather than just announce that I have a message? IPhone, Palm and every other phone does it....
  24. melh72's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    606 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrell117 View Post
    Threaded SMS is nothing, I want my freaking blackberry to VIBRATE AND RING AT THE SAME TIME.

    THAT is something a Blackberry SHOULD have. I can't beleive people care more about stupid threaded SMS.

    My BB can ring & vibrate at the same time. I just go into Advanced Profiles & change it there.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  25. shaq34x69's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpkass View Post
    Is there a way to get the Text message to pop up on the screen rather than just announce that I have a message? IPhone, Palm and every other phone does it....
    yes you can with specific themes..like this one
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions