If you were to purchase a Blackberry for full retail, say $499.00, would my 20% discount be applied to that as well? I get 18% off my bill for company discount and 20% for accessories. Or does that not apply to buy a phone outright because your not signing an agreement?
    Thanks
    11-08-09 09:04 AM
    If it's anything like AT&T, the 20% only comes off when signing a new contract (when eligible for an upgrade). It won't hurt to try though.
    11-08-09 09:07 AM
    I just realized you never mentioned what carrier, I assumed Verizon.

If it is AT&T, that is only when eligible. It can only be off of the no commitment pricing and not the discounted pricing. The discounted pricing is usually more, except for companies recieiving 50%-60% off. Working for AT&T, I received 60%. When the Bold came out, I would pay $120 after rebates.
    11-08-09 09:10 AM
    And I'm pretty sure that with Verizon a phone is not considered an accessory in terms of applying the discount.
    11-08-09 09:49 AM
    And I'm pretty sure that with Verizon a phone is not considered an accessory in terms of applying the discount.
    you're right... i didn't even read the paragraph right, it's definitely not an accessory. I was thinking he meant 20% off equipment & accessories.
    11-08-09 11:44 AM
    Sorry for not letting you know what carrier. I am thinking of getting the wife a Storm2 at VZW but would have to pay full retail for it. I didn't know if they would let me use my 18% or 20% discount when purchasing "anything" from them. In theory, you would think that whatever I buy, I should be able to use my discount toward that purchase. But I see where your coming from in terms of a phone not being used for a contract would not apply. We are still under contract for 18 more months on her current device. I could add a line, but if I could bet a 20% discount I'd be better served going that way
    I figured I would ask here first before spending an hour in line at VZW.
    11-08-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD