Hello my fellow Berry Buddies,

I was wondering if any of you who are with T-Mobile, have been experiencing an excessive amount of dropped and failed calls lately? Just to let you know I am having problems at home (wi-fi) at work and even at the hot spots.

Over the past few weeks I have had more problems with calls, I was even on my phone with T-Mobile and it happened. So after getting a new sim card, and several battery pulls as well as having T-Mobile send info to my phone, they are now telling me that I need to have them send me a refurbished phone.

I bought my curve 8320 (new from T-Mobile) on May 16, 2008, and yes when it comes to my phone I am OCD. I know that so many of you can relate. I have a screen protector as well as a gel skin and a case. When you spend that much money and sign a two year contract, you really want to take care of your investment. As I told the cust svc rep, it's like rolling the dice with a refurbished phone, you don't know what you are going to get. In fact you might get a phone that has more problems than your phone that was shiny and new when you purchased it. And it is not my fault that it's not working the way that it should be.

So last night after trying to talk on my phone and having to call the same person back six times in a 20 min phone conversation, I called T-Mobile back and they are sending me out a refurbished phone, however I did ask them if I had the same problem with the refurbished phone would I be able to send it back. They told me as long as it was within 7 business days.

I would appreciate any feedback from any of you who have had problems with calls, or from those of you who have had to trade in your new phone for a refurbished phone.

Thank you all so very much,
    Teri
    09-26-08 01:03 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about the problem, I know it sucks a$$ to always have to call people back. As far as refurb phones, the only person that will know it's a refurb is you. you should be okay, all I've had are refurbs and never had a problem with any of them
    09-26-08 01:08 PM
    .....I have a screen protector as well as a gel skin and a case.....

Maybe all of that protection might be blocking your signal a little. try stripping it down and making a few calls to see if you get better results. I'm not sure if thats the answer but it's worth a shot.
    09-26-08 01:18 PM
    Verizon customer here and never, ever, ever had a failed call... Wait... I did one day that was on Sept. 11, 2001.
    09-26-08 01:20 PM
    Verizon customer here and never, ever, ever had a failed call... Wait... I did one day that was on Sept. 11, 2001.
    You must live under a cell tower. I've never known anyone with any carrier that hasn't had a dropped call.
    09-26-08 02:20 PM
    You must live under a cell tower. I've never known anyone with any carrier that hasn't had a dropped call.
    I would have to agree.
    09-26-08 02:25 PM
    Hi there,

I have been having problems too, and I have same phone/carrier.

I never had problems with my non-smart phone dropping calls. I have not called t mobile yet - I've been in denial about phone issues : (
    09-26-08 02:50 PM
    Can't you get a new phone from them? It's the least they can do. I mean you paid enough for the phone. I think I'm going to get *itchy if they want to send me a refurbished phone. No way.

Susan
    09-26-08 02:53 PM
    My phone would disconnect quite a bit also when I was connected to WiFi then go out of range and it would switch to cellular. This was when I was simply walking around my house.
    09-26-08 02:56 PM
    vzw....never had a dropped call...when i was with sprint or att that was a different story.
    09-26-08 03:02 PM
    Thank you addict 83 for the advice on the refurbished phone. And 1 2 MaNy your reply made me laugh, but I will give it a try. Namji I used to be with Verizon and yes they had less dropped calls, but their customer svc sucked. Anyway thanks to all of you for your insight and advice.

Teri
    09-26-08 03:03 PM
    Hi Susan,

I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks that I should get a new phone. But just so you know T-Mobile told me last night that there is a 14 day warranty where you can go into a T-Mobile store and get a new replacement, but after that you can only get a refurbished phone. I even asked if I could use the insurance that I have on my phone, and pay the $50.00 deductable to get a new phone, and of course the cust svc rep said "no".
    09-26-08 03:12 PM

Nope I don't just use my cellphone at home... Although I do live in a metro area. Also I have had Tmobile, att and sprint and I have had my shares of dropped calls... and in the same area with Verizon I have NEVER had a dropped call.
    09-26-08 08:13 PM
    I'm a new T-Mobile user, so far the only dropped calls I have had, have been in spots where I have also had dropped calls when I was with AT&T (one of the I-90 tunnels and dead spots during bumper to bumper snail paced rush hour). If I'm traveling at normal speeds, I normally won't drop a call, it might get a bit garbled, but normally will hang on until I'm past the bad spot between towers.

My roommate has been with T-Mobile for years (10+) and unless they are working on towers in the area, he rarely drops a call on his phones.

I did notice when we moved, before we got the routers setup, he had poor signal where we live now, inside the house. Now with the UMA, back up and running, no problems inside or the switch off between the router and the Cell Towers, when we leave the house and drive away. This might be because of the strong tower signal where we are. Not sure what makes the full bars outside, not get inside, unless it's the wiring or something.
    09-26-08 09:44 PM
    vzw....never had a dropped call...when i was with sprint or att that was a different story.
    I don't know anyone who has switched to VZ who EVER regretted it.

With VZW, NEVER a failed call, though I am in big cities - Chicago, Phoenix, and Tucson. But even in these cities I would get an occasional dropped call when I was with one of the other companies. My sister in Tucson had another carrier( don't remember which) and always had the same dead spot between 2 small mountains. She switched to VZ and never had a problem since. While Phoenix and Chicago are huge, Tucson is only has a polulation of 500K or so
    09-26-08 11:11 PM
    Besides making yourself look like a tool, what is the point of your reply???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 11:44 PM
    I don't know anyone who has switched to VZ who EVER regretted it.

With VZW, NEVER a failed call, though I am in big cities - Chicago, Phoenix, and Tucson. But even in these cities I would get an occasional dropped call when I was with one of the other companies. My sister in Tucson had another carrier( don't remember which) and always had the same dead spot between 2 small mountains. She switched to VZ and never had a problem since. While Phoenix and Chicago are huge, Tucson is only has a polulation of 500K or so
    That's interesting because I've had family and a number of friends leave Verizon for various reasons, including hating their service, rate plans and dropped calls. One of those friends drops calls in the same place every day when she goes around a small mountain. She likes Verizon, though, and considers it part of having a cell phone.
    There's no carrier that doesn't have dropped calls. If you haven't experienced them, count yourself lucky.
    And, btw, Tucson proper may only have 500,000 residents but the metro area has over 1 million. It's grown a lot in the past decade, as has most of AZ.
    09-27-08 12:54 AM
    Besides making yourself look like a tool, what is the point of your reply???
    And the point of your reply, other than to be insulting?
    09-27-08 01:11 AM
    That's interesting because I've had family and a number of friends leave Verizon for various reasons, including hating their service, rate plans and dropped calls. One of those friends drops calls in the same place every day when she goes around a small mountain. She likes Verizon, though, and considers it part of having a cell phone.
    There's no carrier that doesn't have dropped calls. If you haven't experienced them, count yourself lucky.
    Fair enough. I guess I've been lucky in Chicago and Here in the Valley. Even on my drive from PHX to Tucson I never lose a call.

.... now, back to you scheduled program, uh, I mean, thread topic.
    09-27-08 01:13 AM
    I have plenty of drop calls and the phone in sos with tmobile. I have verizon and no drop calls, I'm keeping the tmobile because I want a javlin but also praying I will have better coverage then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD