Can anyone tell me what would cause my BB Curve 8330 to randomly "dump" everything on my media card and render the card useless? This has happend to me twice now. After it happens I get the message that I need to format the card yet when I attempt to do so via my BB it fails. I've even attempted to format the card via my laptop using the adapter and again nothing.
    12-16-09 12:44 PM
    i have the same problems had em for MONTHS and MONTHS! - ive fried 4 different 4gb sd cards - scandisk, lexar.. from different stores.. but they all get the contents suddenly dumped after so long. Verizon says its bad media cards.. all 4? I've even gotten my phone replaced, and when I activated the new curve it immediately recognized my "fried" media card and ALL the old contents.. then 3 weeks later, now all the sudden THIS phone wont recognize the card either. These curves HAVE to be doing something to these media cards..
    01-08-10 05:09 PM
    Thanks popdaddy, at least I know I'm not alone. I thought it was something I did. I think it's something to do with the phones too. I don't know kind of phone you had before getting the curve but, I've had my curve for just over a year and have already had the problem twice. You mentioned Verizon said it's the cards? I've tried different brands of cards too and still had this happen. I don't buy that it's the cards either.
    This is getting expensive, having to by a new card everytime, not to mention frustrating when I loose the stuff stored on my cards. I've been transferring the stuff on the card to my computer regularly now because I never know when it'll take a dump on me.
    Anybody else out there have a thought?
    01-09-10 01:38 PM
    Unlikely the media cards are bad. I suspect a virus tranfered from your computer to the media cards. Good anti-virus should scan the bb media card(s) so you can format and use the card(s) again. I use KAV and IMO it's the best. KAV has a 30 day free trial version that is second to none and will scan and remove any virus that's found a home on your media cards. KAV also has a mobile phone version but you don't need that. So now you have my thoughts.
    01-09-10 02:16 PM
    Hey guys, I have owned a curve for years and have had multiple cards in it with NO problem whatsoever. It is probably corrupt files on those cards causing them to malfunction...
    01-09-10 02:26 PM
    No it's the infected boot sector.
    01-09-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD