I swear I did a search and didnt find anything specific to my dilema...

I had been having to do battery pulls maybe every 2-3 days because the little spinny hourglass wouldnt go away and everything froze up. Now in the last couple of days it has come to the point where Im having to do this once or twice a day.

I dont have a ton of apps, and I have a memory card for my pics/music.

So.......since I am not BB savvy, I need ideas on what to do/try to try and correct this before I chuck it out my car window on the interstate in a fit of rage.

Thank you for any help
    04-17-09 12:53 PM
    First of all don't throw it out the window because I'm right behind you!

Second, hit ALT+back and see if you have more than 5 apps running.
    04-17-09 12:59 PM
    First of all don't throw it out the window because I'm right behind you!

Second, hit ALT+back and see if you have more than 5 apps running.
    Its not that. I am anal about closing out apps, and frequently hit 'switch application' to make sure the 5 that wont close are the only ones there
    04-17-09 01:01 PM
    Well which apps to you have because i'm sure you know some are buggy and will cause these types of problems
    04-17-09 01:06 PM
    Jen I wouldn't even diagnose the problem. Call Sprint, get another phone through warranty. When the phone comes in, do a backup of the old phone, a restore on the new one, and send that sucker back. Not worth the headaches.
    04-17-09 01:09 PM
    Well which apps to you have because i'm sure you know some are buggy and will cause these types of problems
    Slacker
    Twitterberry
    Opera mini
    vlingo
    buzz me
    a weather one, but cant tell which one it is

wow, maybe that is alot? but I have had all of these apps for at least a month and the problem has become increasingly worse only over the last couple of weeks
    04-17-09 01:10 PM
    Slacker
    Twitterberry
    Opera mini
    vlingo
    buzz me
    a weather one, but cant tell which one it is

wow, maybe that is alot? but I have had all of these apps for at least a month and the problem has become increasingly worse only over the last couple of weeks
    Slacker doesn't play nice with Curves.
    04-17-09 01:11 PM
    Thats not that much and he's right about Slacker.

Also if the weather one is weatherbug, i've heard it has a memory leak.
    04-17-09 01:12 PM
    Slacker doesn't play nice with Curves.
    good info, thanks. It (Slacker) freezes up on me constantly. Nowww I know why. So what streaming music program do you recommend for Curves?
    04-17-09 01:14 PM
    I use Pandora
    04-17-09 01:15 PM
    good info, thanks. It (Slacker) freezes up on me constantly. Nowww I know why. So what streaming music program do you recommend for Curves?
    I really have no idea. I've used Pandora and Slacker on my Bold with no problems. I just deleted them since I don't really care for those apps.

I know my friend installed Pandora and she kept b*tching about the "lil hour glass thingy" until I did her a favor and deleted it for her.

I don't know about iHeart though. If I were you I'd just install them each at different times and see how your phone responds.
    04-17-09 01:17 PM
    I've heard that Slacker kills Curves, too. I'd give Pandora a shot. I tried iHeartRadio and promptly deleted it because it seemed like a waste.

Jen, it doesn't appear you have that many apps installed. I have about 20 or so (granted, I'm on a Bold) and rarely do a pull. Remove Slacker and see if that helps.
    04-17-09 01:24 PM
    If getting rid of slacker does not do it, try getting rid of weatherbug next it can be a memory hog too.
    04-17-09 01:28 PM
    Hang in here with me guys....

So I went to options/advances/applications......and deleted Slacker when prompted.

Sure as ****, the icon is still on the screen and fires up Slacker when I select it.

????
    04-17-09 01:35 PM
    Hang in here with me guys....

So I went to options/advances/applications......and deleted Slacker when prompted.

Sure as ****, the icon is still on the screen and fires up Slacker when I select it.

????
    I believe there's .exe slacker file still saved on your memory card that needs to be deleted.
    04-17-09 01:57 PM
    ^^Yeah, you need to delete the Slacker folder and autorun file on your memory card.
    04-17-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD