Can you pull your battery, (either physically or with quick pull) too much?
    Is it ok if i do a pull every other night? and How often do i even really need too do a battery pull? besides problems that need fixing.

Much appreciateed Crackberry Friends. I just like to be sure.
    01-12-10 10:10 PM
    Battery pulling should not harm your device. I do it quite frequently. I would do it if you notice your file free memory dropping quite low.
    01-12-10 10:24 PM
    It is rare but yes pulling the battery can damage the phone, sometimes
    permanently. It should be done only as a last resort.

As to doing a reset every night this is completely unnecessary.

The only time I ever reset is when an app install or OS upgrade requires it.
    Daily battery pulls may ease your mind but as I said, not necessary at all.
    01-12-10 10:35 PM
    I only reset (pull) when something is wrong, or upgrading etc.... I didnt know that there was a possibility of damaging my device though. Hmmm... Good info!!
    01-12-10 10:39 PM
    When I had my storm I was doing battery pulls almost daily due to the low app memory. I got the tour now and only do a battery pull after deleting several apps or themes so the memory doesnt creep down which is maybe once a week.
    01-12-10 10:42 PM
    I have yet to do a battery pull. And I have had my Bold for a couple of weeks now. I would only do a battery pull if it were absolutely necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 10:59 PM
    For the most part, with my Bold 9000, I only do battery pulls when installing/deleting apps or themes. I will do the occasional battery pull for low memory, but I've found that if I just properly close any open apps, most of the memory comes back.
    01-12-10 11:14 PM
    Thanks guys. All that makes sense. Like i said, i guess i just like to be sure that my Tour is operating at full potential! lol
    01-13-10 07:31 PM

totally false!

Does rebooting your PC will do domage to it? Of course no...

Do it the number of time you want...

It restore your file memory and correct little bugs, it's a good thing to do a battery pull once a day/two days
    01-13-10 07:35 PM
    Physically pulling the battery out too often may wear down the contacts on the phone or on the battery itself. Try using the alt-reboot method or an app that will simulate a battery pull instead.
    01-13-10 07:35 PM
    Wow this is some good info. I do a battery pull everynight. After reading this info I may reevaluate my battery pulling practices
    01-13-10 07:45 PM
    totally false!

Does rebooting your PC will do domage to it? Of course no...

Do it the number of time you want...

It restore your file memory and correct little bugs, it's a good thing to do a battery pull once a day/two days
    My answer was not in reference to rebooting, it was in reference to PHYSICALLY
    pulling the battery. That was clear in my totally correct post. Apparently you
    missed that part.

Do you just unplug your PC to turn it off? No, of course you don't.
    It is the sudden and abrupt removal of power that has the potential to damage
    the device. Any electronic device.
    01-13-10 08:41 PM

I agree completely with this
    01-13-10 08:43 PM
    My answer was not in reference to rebooting, it was in reference to PHYSICALLY
    pulling the battery. That was clear in my totally correct post. Apparently you
    missed that part.

Do you just unplug your PC to turn it off? No, of course you don't.
    It is the sudden and abrupt removal of power that has the potential to damage
    the device. Any electronic device.
    +1. makes sense.I do a battery pull only as the last resort.
    01-13-10 11:21 PM
    Since I upgraded to the Curve 8530 running 5.0, I haven't had to do a batt pull. I have not noticed any memory leaks what-so-ever. When I was running my Pearl 8130 which I also loved but pending on what I was doing I usually had to perform at least 2 batt pulls a day. Gotta remember, the Pearl was working with 64MB of memory and with the apps I wanted on there I had 13-14 MB of memory that actively had to be managed; batt pulls were just a way of life with the Pearl unless you hardly had any apps installed. In doing so, I never had any problems out of my Pearl what-so-ever. My 8530; life has been good so far...
    01-14-10 12:57 AM
    Since I upgraded to the Curve 8530 running 5.0, I haven't had to do a batt pull. I have not noticed any memory leaks what-so-ever. When I was running my Pearl 8130 which I also loved but pending on what I was doing I usually had to perform at least 2 batt pulls a day. Gotta remember, the Pearl was working with 64MB of memory and with the apps I wanted on there I had 13-14 MB of memory that actively had to be managed; batt pulls were just a way of life with the Pearl unless you hardly had any apps installed. In doing so, I never had any problems out of my Pearl what-so-ever. My 8530; life has been good so far...
    I also had a Pearl (8100) with 26 apps. I always had 26mb file free. Somewhere
    there is a thread where I posted my uptime (start and no restarts). It was
    103 days. The only reason it did not go longer is I wiped it prior to donating
    it to a Crackberry member.

I seriously do not do restarts unless necessary. Memory management is
    not a reason that is necessary.
    01-14-10 01:29 AM
    AG how did you get 26mb free on the pearl? even on a fresh OS install with no apps installed yet, i don't think i got more the 17-18mb on my 8110 lol i gave it to my niece just before christmas when she lost her phone, but would still love to know.

my bold 9000 running .411 only gets 26mb free off a reboot lol its usually hovering around 16-17mb. with a fresh OS install its around 35mb but thats it.

any help in freeing up space is much appreciated
    01-15-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD