I'm not sure why this happens, but it has now happened 3x in the last 2 days...
    When I'm on a phone call, and I receive an email during the call, my BB shows the new email notifier, but then freezes once I end the call. The track ball does not move, and none of the shortcut buttons work either. Powering-down does not fix the freeze. The only solution is to take-out the battery.

Any ideas why this is happening, or how it can be prevented in the future? Thanks.
    04-08-08 12:02 PM
    how much memory do you have on your phone ?
    04-08-08 12:13 PM
    04-08-08 01:01 PM
    this happened to me several weeks ago. the only thing that would unfreeze it was a battery pull, and it only froze on incoming calls. i finally called verizon tech support, spoke with someone who does blackberrys and they said that something had corrupted my phone, probably the call i had received, and we did a total wipe of it. when it was wiped clean he resent my service books and all has been fine since.
    04-08-08 01:34 PM
    You can resend your service books by logging into your BIS page - since you have Verizon, this is your page - Blackberry BIS Verizon
    04-08-08 01:41 PM
    yeah take out all 3rd party and start from scratch to see if it happens again
    04-08-08 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD