I've had my blackberry for a week and I'm still trying to figure things out. I was told there was an applicaion that would give me turn by turn audio directions. Is there such a place where I can download this from? Any and all help would be appreciated.

My PIN is 249ff0f Thanks
    09-13-08 12:20 AM
    09-13-08 03:10 AM
    Nav4all is free until 2010, its a app made in europe(?) So some of the maps are off...MapQuest4blackberry is new, free, and supposedly has turn by turn...I d/l it but have yet to put the "directions" to work to see if it indeed does have turn by turn voice prompt...d/l it OTA free @ mq4.com I think is what it is....just go to mapquest.com and you will see it...

Hope this helped?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 05:29 AM
    Nav4all is free until 2010, its a app made in europe(?) So some of the maps are off...MapQuest4blackberry is new, free, and supposedly has turn by turn...I d/l it but have yet to put the "directions" to work to see if it indeed does have turn by turn voice prompt...d/l it OTA free @ mq4.com I think is what it is....just go to mapquest.com and you will see it...

Hope this helped?

Looks like MapQuest is limited to certain BB's, 8130 isn't supported yet
    09-13-08 09:06 AM
    Mapquest Mobile isn't free.

amAzeGPS is the best turn by turn voice GPS you can get for free right now. The only issue is a slight sound bug with some blackberries that trunicates the audio after two words. Next best is definitely CoPilot Live <-- I use this frequently. Good luck finding a trial left on the internet though, it was nearly impossible for me.

Nav4All is the worst and shouldn't be mentioned in this thread.
    09-13-08 10:55 AM
    I downloaded amaze. But it says there is no information being received from gps. What else do I need to do?

09-14-08 05:30 PM
    I downloaded amaze. But it says there is no information being received from gps. What else do I need to do?

Make sure in your
    Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS
    that your GPS Services is set to: Location ON.

That's a common mistake even I make sometimes.
    09-14-08 09:39 PM
    I thought GPS only worked on the 8330 and not the 8320.
    09-14-08 09:44 PM
    I thought GPS only worked on the 8330 and not the 8320.
    That's correct... the 8320 does not have GPS -- But the person above is using a 8820 which does indeed have GPS.
    09-14-08 10:03 PM
    Ah...I misread it as 8320 since he asked about a Curve.
    09-14-08 10:08 PM
    Ooooh no!!! I have an 8320?? There's no GPS?

09-14-08 11:30 PM

Then you might want to update your profile... you appear to be using a World Edition.

And the 8320 has no GPS, sorry.
    09-15-08 12:40 AM

Bummer... you can get a bluetooth GPS. I have one that I used with an older Pocket PC and it worked really well. Battery life was phenomenal and the GPS would automatically turn off when unpaired.
    Check out. semsons (dot) com.

-Jeff
    09-15-08 12:55 AM
    How upsetting. I didnt need GPS but now I don't think I can live without it.

09-15-08 10:03 AM
    My Sprint 8330 has Sprint's GPS Nav program pre-loaded. *head tilt*

I used it previously on the Instinct and it was ok. from time to time it has me do a u-turn or has me "off-course" when I am on the right track, but I'm sure over time it will get better. It's better than nothing... and honestly, I am so ingrained to looking up my directions before I leave the house (control freak here) that I havent ever gotten lost.
    09-25-08 09:23 AM
    +1 for amazeGps, works quite well.
    09-25-08 01:42 PM
    I Can't Download Nav4all For Bb 8310 ! Help Mee!!
    The Download Button Of Nav4all Do Nothing! Maybe It's Free But If I Can't Download.....
    09-29-08 03:55 PM
    Has anyone tried downloading amAze recently? I read all this information about how great amAze is, and its free. I downloaded and installed it, and to get turn by turn directions, after you enter the address and hit the search button, it says that I have to pay and upgrade to get these directions.

Anyone else see this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    11-12-09 10:51 AM
    Has anyone tried downloading amAze recently? I read all this information about how great amAze is, and its free. I downloaded and installed it, and to get turn by turn directions, after you enter the address and hit the search button, it says that I have to pay and upgrade to get these directions.

Anyone else see this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    I heard there were two versions 4.5 and 5. You need 4.5 for the free one.....

11-12-09 01:35 PM
    I think nav4all is free.
    11-17-09 07:17 PM
    AmAzeGPS 4.5 is still free. There is a link for it at the bottom of their web page. The new version 5.0 is subscription based now.
    11-17-09 07:54 PM
    I'm trying to download amaze gps but my vendor (blackberry bold 9700) isn't showing up...
    11-18-09 09:16 AM
    Nice, i didn't realize there were free options available with audio. Gonna check these out later on.
    11-18-09 03:50 PM
    does anyone have th 4.5 link?
    12-03-09 11:02 PM
    As of December 1, amAze removed 4.5 from their web page. They are now only offering 5.0. So, no more free option with amAze.
    12-04-09 03:28 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD