Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!
    Ive loaded and run this prog, and it seems to be pretty good, wtih lots of features. Since Im new to the bb, Im not clear if the program uses data or phone time. Website referrences seemed to point to phone time, but....
    Anyway, take a look and see what you think. Searching ghtru contacts is not as accurate or robust as BB maps tho.
    Thanks
    02-08-08 09:51 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    02-09-08 08:08 PM
    I gave this app a try today and it does pretty good.

It is using data connection to populate the route. Once the route is created, it disconnects from the data location and just uses the retrieved information to help you navigate. Since it does not need to redraw the map as you drive (like BB or Google Maps), it doens't need to keep the data connection going, and doesn't use up a lot of data time.

I purposely drove off the designated route to see what it would do. It connected back to their server and recalculated a new route to the destination. The screen turned back on as soon as I altered my route, then started the recalculation process. That impressed me. I haven't had a chance to test the POI feature yet.

One of the things I thought was neat was the screen on/off feature. Once I got out onto the main road, my 8830 screen turned off. It turned back on when I was approximately 1/2 mile from the next turn. At night, I can see how this can be helpful since the backlight will be off and the BB wouldn't be a distraction while cruising down the road, only turning back on when needing to notify you of up-coming directions.

The only thing I found was it's about two blocks off from my home address. I've seen Yahoo! maps show my address in about the same location, so I don't think it is an issue with the program itself, but in the mapping/plotting of my local address.
    02-27-08 09:13 PM
    I cant seem the download this for the life of me.
    02-27-08 10:03 PM
    OTA didn't work for me, either. I had to go into the FAQ and get the download link. It loaded fine through the application loader.

Here is the direct link to the article in their knowledge base.

The different versions with links are available in that post.
    Last edited by Xopher; 02-29-08 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added direct link
    02-27-08 10:16 PM
    OTA didn't work for me, either. I had to go into the FAQ and get the download link. It loaded fine through the application loader.
    Just go to http:// www . nav4all . com from your BlackBerry's browser and it should direct you to the mobile version of the site, with the software available to download over-the-air (OTA)...

Worked for me just the other day.

FANTASTIC software by the way, and completely free!

I'll NEVER use Google Maps again after this...
    03-02-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD