Has anyone had a chance to use this? I want to use it but I see that it wants to send a SMS to a country with a +44 country code. No doubt this would cost money. Does anyone know if there is any way around it?
    04-01-09 05:13 PM
    Don't bother unless you live in england..seems it is just for europe or there abouts..also it could not hook up to my gps even though I had set all permissions to allow.
    04-01-09 05:25 PM
    wow man i was lookin forward to this..
    04-01-09 06:26 PM
    The website lists North American coverage. HOWEVER, the download is a free trial I believe.

https://www.wisepilot.com/site/porta...ge=mapCoverage
    04-01-09 06:45 PM
    Do we have to send the SMS to that number?
    04-01-09 08:03 PM
    I tried sending SMS and nothing happens, the program seems cool but getting it set up is a pain, I have been messing around with it for over an hour now and still cant get it going.
    04-01-09 08:11 PM
    something is wrong...
    everything seems to work except for gps location- it's not finding any satellites although it looks like it does recognize built-in chipset otherwise it would(should) show red X next ro "gps"icon...
    as for it being made for other countries only etc. it finds location when you enter coordinates in menu>Find>Position
    ie. 41.204N. 73.13W. will bring up Stratford CT in search results then you click screen once to bring menu up- it will show multiple options like:"drive here","walk here","show map","find nearby","weather","start from here","save" and "share this".
    So far i have tried show map and application seems to download it pretty quick over verizon"s network so I imagine it would work quite nicely if only darn gps had found those birds.
    on a side note Google Earth and BB Maps are finding position with ~3 yards accuracy so it's not a hardware issue.
    I had a problem with google earth once but going to Options>advanced options>location aiding disable saved than enable again and save agin fixed the problem.
    does not work in wisepilot's case tough...
    04-01-09 08:16 PM
    oh and that sms thing.. i tried couple of times with no success but then all of the sudden it succeeded and went past the registration..
    04-01-09 08:19 PM
    if your looking for just tracking try this it works its free
    InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking
    04-01-09 08:46 PM
    im kind of wondering now if verizon has anything to do with wisepilot's inability to locate satellites...
    has anyone tried to contact Wisepilot tech support ?
    04-01-09 09:25 PM
    i really doubt vzw would play those games we went thrue this with google a few months back the gps is unlocked it could just be there software isnt configured for the storm propley.
    04-01-09 09:28 PM
    and its not FREE theres a five day trial.. this just like garmen or vznav. so i have no need with ith it..
    04-01-09 09:39 PM
    Been playing with it for hours, it can't get a GPS signal, even though BB Maps can. I also tried the GPS fix stickyed in the GPS forum. Nav4All works great though, it has the voice directions i was looking for and it is free as Wise Pilot was as well, true the Wisepilot looks a little slicker, but it wont work on my storm...
    04-01-09 09:40 PM
    Been playing with it for hours, it can't get a GPS signal, even though BB Maps can. I also tried the GPS fix stickyed in the GPS forum. Nav4All works great though, it has the voice directions i was looking for and it is free as Wise Pilot was as well, true the Wisepilot looks a little slicker, but it wont work on my storm...
    wisepilot is not free there is 5 day trial.
    04-01-09 09:46 PM
    i really doubt vzw would play those games we went thrue this with google a few months back the gps is unlocked it could just be there software isnt configured for the storm propley.
    Amaze GPS is a free turn by turn voice GPS app. It took them a minute to get GPS working on the Storm. But it does work now

Dunno what it is but I'm guessing the normal methods used to access a mobile phone's GPS aren't quite valid with the Storm.
    04-01-09 10:02 PM
    Dear all, I have talked to the people at appello that creates Wisepilot and they have a new version pending in the shop without the sms registration. The sms activation had worked great in europe but has problem in the us so new version on the way.
    04-03-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD