Hi,
    I used to use AmazeGPS on my BB, though it is no longer free.

Can anybody recommend another free app with good, accurate, GPS directions.

Thanks!
    02-12-10 06:19 PM
    Do you require audible turn by turn? If so search for Life In Pocket. That's the only free one with audible that i know of.

If not, Google Maps, BlackBerry Maps, and Poynt offer written directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 06:23 PM
    Yeah I use Life in Pocket it pretty accurate for me, I haven't had and issues with it.
    02-12-10 06:51 PM
    Yeah I use Life in Pocket it pretty accurate for me, I haven't had and issues with it.
    Is there an OTA link for Life-in-Pocket?
    02-16-10 11:23 AM
    Is there an OTA link for Life-in-Pocket?
    I believe so there is also there is some kind of loader. Look for the LiP main thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 11:45 AM
    I used the GPS on Life-In-Pocket and it didn't recalculate the route if I didn't go the way they told me to. I had to do it manually. Not very convenient when you are driving.
    02-16-10 11:59 AM
    For your convenience OTA link for LifeInPocket download is at http://lifeinpocket.com/html/dlip.jad

LifeInPocket probably has the fastest route recalculation (2 to 5 seconds) in the industry and it's probably the only one offers the convenience of "one press" re-route any time.

While with other nav apps, users may have to wait for the app complete it's long struggle then they will be able to know which way to go.

LifeInPocket used to support auto route re-calculation prior to rev. 0.420 and it's at rev. 0.710 now.

The reason we removed auto route recalculation is because we have seem all nav apps (include ours) struggle with short distance turn and cellular signal issue.

When other nav engines need to take longer time to re-calculate route the situation for for short distance turn simply won't work.

It's true for all nav apps which auto route recalculation will only work when turn distance is long enough and cellular data network connection is well established.

Our current implementation is based on filed input but we would like to hear feedback from CB users.

We can always put those auto route recalculation code back for our next release if that's what our users want!

Attention: When driving a vehicle, you must focus on your primary driving responsibilities. Drive safely! Read our teams and conditions and follow accordingly when using LifeInPocket navigation services.
    02-16-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD