Some ideas from another thread:
    (I hope nobody minds this)
    I think the TV spots need to showcase the phone more, instead of a concept like the Keep Moving commercial which barely shows the phone at all. People remember the commercial but not that it was showing a BlackBerry, kinda like the glowing bikes commercial. After that, people wanted a glowing bike but not a BlackBerry! Then there was the "Tools not toys" commercial that basically contradicted itself. The message was tools not toys, but all they showed the BlackBerry doing was taking a pic and uploading it to twitter, something even feature phones had been able to do for years before that commercial aired. I think a spot that showcases the phone in work and play would be best. Say a young businesswoman does an entire presentation from her phone using BBM video and screen share. She ends up landing a big client thanks to that presentation. After work she rounds up her friends (maybe showing Balance switching from business to personal, and showing her friends in a group BBM chat to coordinate) to go out to celebrate. She uses maps to navigate to a new nightspot. She meets a cute guy (or girl, whatever) and scans his/her BBM barcode. Etc etc etc, just showing the phone in action and how it can be a useful device no matter what you're doing. ETA: She could buy her friends a round of drinks using NFC!

Every market is different and what works in one place will not work everywhere. Again, in the US, everyone who buys a Z10 knows that they are going against what everyone else would do. But, there are plenty of people that feel this way. The ads should attract them. Apple did this successfully with Think Different. How about: "We didn't make it for everyone." Show this principle at work: the BlackBerry way as opposed to the way everyone else would do it. Yes. I am a lawyer. I don't know much about marketing but I do know about communicating a message. Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:54 AM
    I COMPLETELY agree with this. Thorsten said that same thing at the launch, and I think it was a great effect. It reminded me of when I was a kid, and my classmates would form a club. Someone would express interest in joining the club and we'd say "Now, we can't let just anyone in this club, they have to be special." They'd want to know what was so special about this club, and what they needed to do to get in. Same thing with the BB10 devices. These phones aren't for everyone, you say? Well what makes them so special? What kind of person do I need to be to get one? Thorsten's answer was that they're for the hyper-connected crowd, that is always juggling communication with people in a multitude of venues. Doesn't EVERYONE want to see themself like that? The social butterfly, the one that everyone wants to connect to and make plans with. So with that one "We didn't make these devices for everyone" line, he's targeting the image that everyone wants to be. And the underlying message is "With these devices, you can be the hyper-connected person you want to be." Brilliant.

I would have to agree with lawguyman. Bbry should be playing this as the comeback story of the decade. First they should go on an all out marketing blitz. Just put as many adds as possible on tv but yes the content need needs to be altered as well. Put me in the damn commercial. Show me streaming a show for my son on dlna while streaming music to my bt speakers while answering emails, modifying spread sheets, checking cb, checking on the market, and eating breakfast. Or at work doing those things while demoing the z10 to customers. Show it off! Show that you can browse the web while listening to a YouTube music video at the same time in a background tab. People will notice the little things you just have to show them. Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:55 AM
    I think the problem with having a flashy car (or flashy ANYTHING) is that it would detract from the subject of the commercial which is the phone. Like I said earlier, we saw what happened with the glowing bikes. The commercial I thought that did the best job at conveying that blackberry could get things done was the Bold 9000 commercial where the dude was sprinting around a race track all while pulling things up and creating things on his Bold. Simple concept, and it showcased the phone in all its glory. And, that happened to be an amazing selling phone. Coincidence?

I'm also wondering if BlackBerry would benefit from a "water cooler' type ad that everyone gathers around the water cooler at work to discuss. Usually those are Super Bowl ads, but lately we've had the Pepsi Max Jeff Gordon commercial, and now there's the K-Mart "ship my pants" spot. In an area where Wal-Mart and Target reign, EVERYONE is talking about K-Mart right now. Sound familiar? It should, because that's what we want to happen to BB. The ad is brilliant because it's 1) HILARIOUS, and 2) K-Mart is prominently featured. Everyone recognizes it as a K-Mart commercial. It's having the desired effect.
    05-29-13 07:57 AM
    My suggestion would to advertise like tmobile did when they launched their new rate plans. You couldn't go more than 30 minutes on every radio station without hearing a tmobile advertisement or a plug saying "The next 30 minutes of music brought to you by tmobile." And judging by the crowds that weekend at my local tmobile stores I would say it worked. That was prior to the iphone launch. I am sure it cost a fortune but seemed to be worth it. Posted via CB10

They can start by saying it is a totally new OS and system. Nothing in any of their advertisement brings this to light. So if you don't follow BBRY you don't know what they have been up to and you're going to think new same old crappy blackberry, not what I think but it is what those that left think about their old BlackBerry. Anyone that heard a friend etc complaining about their blackberry thinks the same. Same old piece of crap. They NEED to emphasize its a brand new OS.
    05-29-13 07:58 AM
    I actually thought about another one the other night. Get James Earl Jones to do a voiceover, obviously reminiscent of his "if you build it they will come" speech, talking about the heyday of BlackBerry (on screen would be stock images of people out with friends, being productive at work, etc with a berry in hand, maybe use some footage of old BB commercials as well) and people are wanting to relive that experience and not even know it (of course not mentioning spinning clocks, bad browser, etc lol). He could say something about times changing and people demanding more from their mobile devices and BlackBerry has risen to the challenge and going over features of the BB10 devices (and on screen showing people using them in ways they never thought imaginable). It could end with a non-descript carrier store putting up a sign in the front window for the Z10 and Q10, panning out to a long line of cars driving up to the store, and of course a voiceover of "If you build it, they will come."

Bribe those on the marketing team from Apple and Samsung to become traitors and give BlackBerry their secrets.

Personally I would like to see Psy, the Gangnam style guy, as a BlackBerry promoter and ambassador. He would make a great trojan horse.
    05-29-13 08:01 AM
    F1 is money very well spent and will reap far greater rewards and reaches a much larger audience.

Posted via CB10
    F1 is money well spent, but it doesn't quite grab the US mindset the way that the NBA, NFL, or MLB would. If anything, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a bigger push with the NHL since the Stanley Cup Playoffs are here...
    05-29-13 08:01 AM
31 12