Lol... Unless u're a BB diehard or shareholder.... You wouldnt know that the phone is already available for purchase? Epic....
    03-27-13 12:36 AM
    Actually they do care. There are far too many examples of prospective customers asking about the new Blackberry Z10, only to be pushed towards buying an android or an iphone instead. There are far too many examples of sales associates being very dismissive when a customer walks in and asks for a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    _______

I believe you.
    03-27-13 12:50 AM
    However.., AT&T in store marketing and the like.. where is it.
    -j
    Who controls in-store advertising? AT&T, blame them.

I think it's been evidenced enough that BB is _providing_ marketing material to carriers. Whether _they_ put it up in _their_ stores is up to them.

We're all passionate about it here. You're among friends (mostly).
    03-27-13 04:08 AM
    I've only seen the one ad too, maybe people could start posting links and information about other recent ads/marketing be it video or print.
    That is a great idea.
    Please, what marketing have we in the US been missing?
    - additional ads on TV or radio?
    - In store signage?
    - Billboards?

I'd LOVE to hear where the US marketing is (Oh, BTW, the Keep Moving tour or whatever it is called) will be here on Saturday.

Maybe only Verizon is going to advertise.
    03-27-13 05:42 AM
    BMW is a luxury brand. BlackBerry lost appeal and has to win it back.
    Audi had that problem in late 80s and made a huge come beginning in the mid 90s look at them now. People forget apple was 4 a share in 2000

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:14 AM
    By what criteria? Your personal subjective opinion? What makes you right and someone who likes those ads wrong? I couldn't care less about the Superbowl add, but I like keep moving.
    Of course it is my opinion. Like any opinion, it may be good, bad, or just subjectively neither.

Advertising is a very subjective thing but there are some objective criteria to assess whether it is effective. Good advertising generates buzz. No one other than us crackberry freaks have noticed these ads. I haven't even taken the time to check out the Alicia Keys or any of the other components of that campaign. I bet that many people here don't even know about them. This is wasted money.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-27-13 07:05 AM
    Of course it is my opinion. Like any opinion, it may be good, bad, or just subjectively neither.

Advertising is a very subjective thing but there are some objective criteria to assess whether it is effective. Good advertising generates buzz. No one other than us crackberry freaks have noticed these ads. I haven't even taken the time to check out the Alicia Keys or any of the other components of that campaign. I bet that many people here don't even know about them. This is wasted money.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, besides the hold out die hards like us, NO ONE even knows the phone is out there. I fully agree that Mr. Boulden should be held accountable. The Alicia Keys thing is a huge waste of money and the celebrities that they got to endorse it are like C list. The Keep moving commercial is horrible...the focus is put on the person the whole time and barely shows off the great things about the phone. Why do they not advertise the fact that it has faster web browsing that Iphone 5? That it's more secure than any other phone out there. Samsung gave blackberry a kick to the nuts with their advertisements, so why doesnt blackberry come back swinging? I realize they dont want to "compete" with Iphone and Droid so ummm since when has being 3rd been great? Apple was a no name and came out swinging for the fences, and look where that got them... seems simple to me.
    Stewartj1 and xBURK like this.
    03-27-13 07:36 AM
    I realize they dont want to "compete" with Iphone and Droid so ummm since when has being 3rd been great.
    Thorsten's statement early into his tenure as chief executive of BlackBerry was very telling. He said he would be happy with third place in smartphone market share. What leader aspires to finishing anything less than first place? Sure you might accept a second place finish in a highly competitive industry but to aspire to achieving third place status seems unmotivated and does not instil confidence.
    03-27-13 07:41 AM
    Thorsten's statement early into his tenure as chief executive of BlackBerry was very telling. He said he would be happy with third place in smartphone market share. What leader aspires to finishing anything less than first place? Sure you might accept a second place finish in a highly competitive industry but to aspire to achieving third place status seems unmotivated and does not instil confidence.
    This is true, nobody who is truly successful would ever be content being third on anything.

Posted via CB10
    aniym likes this.
    03-27-13 07:44 AM
    This is just being realistic.

Anyone who ever actually accomplishes anything knows that the key is to set realistic goals, meet them, and then set new ones.

Even Apple didn't become a leader over night. It took them time too.

I'm a New York Jet fan and our coach says he is going to win the Super Bowl every year. When it doesn't happen, you look stupid.
    elGuapoTorres and aniym like this.
    03-27-13 08:36 AM
    Or someone who knew they were building something not everyone is going to want? That doesn't make it a dud. Ever since he became CEO, he's been very clear that there is a certain segment they are after. Maybe they realistically feel that segment is only 10-20% of the market. Let's be honest. If you are really interesting in BlackBerry - then you are already in the minority.

Third place in market share isn't the same as third place. Market share isn't the most important thing. You can be fifth place in market share, 1st place in customer satisfaction, and 2nd place in profitability. I thought a lot about market share myself, but then I heard someone say something to the effect of "you don't see anyone calling Ferrari a failure because they only have 1% of the market share". (I don't know their exact figure, but that's not the point). The point is that market share is only important when you are trying to be everyone's darling. Right now, BlackBerry needs to be less concerned about market share and more concerned about customer satisfaction, financial stability, and profitability. Only then can market share come. And if it doesn't but they have the others, so what?

I am not saying that they should be content with 1% market share - but that they don't need 50% to be considered a success.
    03-27-13 08:38 AM
    And they need market share.
    For an exact quote of Mr. Heins' perspective, see my signature.
    03-27-13 08:40 AM
    I'm a New York Jet fan and our coach says he is going to win the Super Bowl every year. When it doesn't happen, you look stupid.
    Yes, but Jet fans (and I am one) are used to it
    advcomputer likes this.
    03-27-13 08:40 AM
    Yes, but Jet fans (and I am one) are used to it
    Same old Jets. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:56 AM
    My experience yesterday in looking for the phone was disappointing to say the least. I am waiting on my Verizon version, but yesterday I stopped by Best Buy, T-Mobile, and AT&T. Unless you were asking for the phone, there was no way to know there is a new Blackberry on the market. AT&T did have a demo unit, but no signage and it blended it with every phone. The description literally had three things, BB10, The Hub, and I cannot remember the third.

Nobody, but us idiots are going out looking for a new Blackberry. Blackberry will not gain any US market share unless this changes in the next few weeks.
    03-27-13 09:07 AM
    The best defense is a great offense.... Blackberry is losing market share to apple and samsung in the segment that they are supposed to be specialized in. So I'm sorry but they do need to compete with them. Regardless..the topic is about the US launch. By all accounts carriers are treating the Z10 the same as the old BOLD 9930. If it were a samsung or iphone you'd see signs everywhere.
    Stewartj1 and Blacklatino like this.
    03-27-13 09:21 AM
    A friend came up with an idea I thought was brilliant (had it actually been used). Would've been an ad of NPH taking a picture of his husband and kids with timeshift. Said something a new era has begun while looking at his BlackBerry with his husband in the background. Could've played well with the current supreme court debate. Right wing blogs and pundits would be up in arms, left wingers would chanting for success, everyone would be talking about BlackBerry again. Next time they're at a store, they might actually check one out instead of being surprised seeing one on their customer's table.

But what do I know about marketing anyway. All I know is that the current crop of ads are a snooze fest, and not anywhere close to the Facebook sharing type ads that go viral.
    03-27-13 03:06 PM
    Audi had that problem in late 80s and made a huge come beginning in the mid 90s look at them now. People forget apple was 4 a share in 2000

Posted via CB10
    The Apple analogy unfortunately is annoyingly frequent on the CB forums and completely wrong. Apple's stock would have stayed in single digits if Jobs maintained the status quo, which was to continue making computers with poor application compatibility and bad retail support (sound familiar?)

Jobs oversaw an end to end revamping of Apple's entire business. they began rolling out their own retail outlets in 2001 and timed it to premiere the product line that would save them: the iPod. There were already some entrants in that field (Creative, Archos, iRiver) but Apple was the first to create true brand identity in the MP3 player industry as well as do the hard work of making distribution deals with the major record labels to make iTunes what it is now.

The Z10 might be the best BB that BB ever made, but ultimately it's just a nicer Mac trying to compete with the Dells and HPs of the world.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by aniym; 03-27-13 at 05:40 PM.
    03-27-13 05:25 PM
    I remember Heins saying the other day, "Third place for NOW" with a little grin. He also recently closed a speech with saying "Go Sell like He-l!" I don't know? How can you ever pass second if the stories about the U.S launch are true? There is alot going right with BlackBerry recently, but it's a shame that the most important piece of the puzzle seems to be going horribly wrong. At the very least, make sure AT&T puts up a simple poster. While you're at it, inform the staff that the Z10 is a phone. Enough is enough. Then again, I may be wrong about all of this?
    Did I mention that I have Schizophrenia.
    Posted via CB1
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-28-13 at 12:12 AM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-27-13 09:34 PM
    I'm disillusioned with Boulben. The AT&T launch was in inexcusable.

Posted from my Z10 using the CB10 app
    03-28-13 09:20 AM
    I'm disillusioned with Boulben. The AT&T launch was in inexcusable.

LOL. Well, I'm sure intentions were great. But, like others......there seems to be pieces of this puzzle missing for this marketing scheme to become a CF.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on OS hybrid- 9810/7.1.0.912 (B2508) - Neo Prime....like butta! (*_~)
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-28-13 at 10:40 PM.
    richardat likes this.
    03-28-13 04:17 PM
    So, I have much more faith today. My wife had American Idol on tonight and I witnessed two Z10 commercials concentrating on video chat and screen sharing. There was also a pop up at the bottom of the screen with the Z10 peaking up. I should really just keep my mouth shut from now on. Ya right.
    Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:44 PM
    So, I have much more faith today. My wife had American Idol on tonight and I witnessed two Z10 commercials concentrating on video chat and screen sharing. There was also a pop up at the bottom of the screen with the Z10 peaking up. I should really just keep my mouth shut from now on. Ya right.
    Posted via CB10
    Most wouldn't even care enough to complain about what has been happening if we didn't care.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on OS hybrid- 9810/7.1.0.912 (B2508) - Neo Prime....like butta! (*_~)
    xBURK likes this.
    03-28-13 11:56 PM
    Most wouldn't even care enough to complain about what has been happening if we didn't care.

Very true. In the end, I just want BlackBerry to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:21 AM
    Posted via CB10
    That's great news! I mean the new advertising, not that you don't think you can keep your mouth shut

03-29-13 06:13 AM
200 ... 678