I downloaded an app a while back called D-vasive. This app is something like what dtek is eventually supposed to be. It can do a lot of things like locking down your camera or mic, keeps logs of those as well as Bluetooth, wifi, etc.

Upon running the security check, amazons app was at the top of the list. There is an option to either stop the app or uninstall it. I chose unistall. It still shows on the home screen, but if you click on it, it asks for permissions to reinstall it. All done on my z30. Dvasive is available on the Amazon appstore and snap.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and Lusitano17 like this.
    11-08-15 06:11 PM
    Interesting, should help those that are hellbent on not having any sign of Android on their BB10 devices.

Does it survive a reboot though, I wonder...
    11-08-15 06:49 PM
    It does survive a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:02 PM
    Thanks! Been looking for something like this for a while.
    11-08-15 10:31 PM
    Interesting, should help those that are hellbent on not having any sign of Android on their BB10 devices.

Does it survive a reboot though, I wonder...
    To be fair, it's not about trying to get rid of Android, it's about getting rid of Amazon itself off. i've been hoping and wanting to get rid of it myself for a long time, but no one has figured out. I've opened up the device maybe once or twice, but the Amazon apps for whatever reason still use battery.

I'm not opening up the app, why is it using my valuable and limited battery life? It's really annoying.

Thanks OP for figuring this out, but I'll probably skip this. I'm going to be switching to the 6P at the end of this week, the Priv is simply too expensive for me. Hopefully BB will make a cheaper device for me in the future!
    11-08-15 10:37 PM
    You can also use ghost commander from BlackBerry world. I'm not 100% sure that it will delete amazon. It does have the option in ghost commander to delete but I use amazon for the odd android app so have never pressed the delete option.

Since I haven't deleted amazon I use ghost commander to force stop amazon and turn amazon notifications off. It never runs in the background after that unless I use amazon again or an app I downloaded from amazon.

Taskmanager from BlackBerry world is also a great app to see what android processes and apps are running. What shows up in Taskmanager doesn't always show up in your stock device manager. So it picks up on a lot of android apps and processes. You can also force stop those apps and processes showing in Taskmanager.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 11:04 PM
    Good to know. I heard about Dvasive on a radio show and gave it a shot. If you try Dvasive, get it from snap, because if you get it from amazon like I did, at minimum, the Amazon appstore has to stay installed or Dvasive won't run. The shopping app they forced in the update is gone, appstore still there for me.

Heck it even has a stingray shield mode. You would really need to use it to go that far though lol. I may try it though just to see how it works. BBM voice call and messaging would probably work.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:25 AM
    BBM voice call does work with stingray shield enabled. Pretty slick.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 10:15 AM
    Didn't work for me -- neither Amazon app shows up in the scan results. No listings in Ghost Commander either. I've never opened either app, though; could that be why?

I have the Q5, so I'd be interested in gaining back even one iota of extra space.

UPDATE: I opened both Amazon apps (begrudgingly) and allowed permissions. After doing so, they show up in both D-Vasive and Commander. I can do the uninstall operation on the Amazon apps, but it just seems to revert the permissions -- both app icons still appear and they take up space as reported by the device monitor.

Now, if anyone could find a way to remove these apps wholly from the OS -- that'd be brilliant!
    Last edited by mh1983; 11-09-15 at 02:22 PM.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-09-15 01:55 PM
    Aww hell son, why would anybody want to go and do THAT?
    11-09-15 05:41 PM
    Restore your device make a folder call it trash. Put amazon in there without setting if up. I can think of others to put in there. That's up to you.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:00 PM
    Blocking Amazon via security, parental controls and selecting Amazon did the job for me. Phone runs better without constant Amazon searching for notifications and garbage.
    11-12-15 10:13 PM
    I downloaded an app a while back called D-vasive. This app is something like what dtek is eventually supposed to be. It can do a lot of things like locking down your camera or mic, keeps logs of those as well as Bluetooth, wifi, etc.

Upon running the security check, amazons app was at the top of the list. There is an option to either stop the app or uninstall it. I chose unistall. It still shows on the home screen, but if you click on it, it asks for permissions to reinstall it. All done on my z30. Dvasive is available on the Amazon appstore and snap.

Posted via CB10
    Dear you don't need to to do this with external app instead you can use parental Lock to to lock the both amazon

BlackBerry Beast 2BF98A26 
    11-13-15 01:36 AM