I hope there is an easy answer to this. I manage at a large company that uses MS exchange for its email system, issues Blackberries (but not to me), and doesn't seem to allow auto forwarding of emails by setting up rules or out of office assistant. I can log in to my work email remotely, but have to use an RSA token code to do so. I don't want to ask to have my phone added to their BES system. Is there any way that I can set up my email account so that it will auto forward or puch emails to my berry so that I don't have to keep logging in remotely to check for new mail while I am around the building working? For what its worth I can manually forward emails to outside email, but having to be at my desk to do so defeats the purpose. Any ideas? Oh, and they have blocked admin rights on our pc's so I can't install redirector on my computer.....think I can install it on my thumbdrive, run it from there?
    Last edited by drs155; 01-31-09 at 11:47 PM.
    01-31-09 11:40 PM
    I had the same problem as you (company not allowing auto forwarding), although I was able to set up my email through the BIS website. The only difference is you having to use the token code which I'm not sure will work since the token changes every 60(?) seconds.
    02-01-09 06:58 AM
    I tried several times by using the token code in BIS. it seems to work for about as long as it might take for the session to time out and then no good. I don't want them in in my Blackberry, and I have even requested a software token from RSA to replace my physical one....grrrr. Thanks anyway.
    02-01-09 09:14 AM
    A software token would be the only possible way I could see but then again I'm no expert...
    02-01-09 09:42 AM
    You can set up a rule in outlook to have your messages sent to your blackberry. I am doing so from my work computer. Here are the steps for adding a rule on Outlook 2003 (Outlook 2000 does not support auto forwarding).

Before you start, make sure you add your blackberry e-mail address to either your contacts folder or your personal address book.

1. In Outlook 2003, go to tools, rules and alerts wizard.
    2. On the e-mail rules tab, select new rule.
    3. Select "Start from a blank rule"
    4. Select "check messages when they arrive" click next
    5. Click Next and select Yes when the warning comes up that says this rule will apply to all messages.
    6. Check "forward to people or distribution list"
    7. In botton window, double click the highlighed "forward to poeple and Distribution list" and select you Blackberry e-mail address.
    8. Then click "finish"

On your blackberry:

Go to setup e-mail and create an icon on your screen for your blackberry e-mail address.

All of your forwarded e-mails from work will show up in this folder.

Good luck. It will work if you are using MS Outlook 2003 or higher.

I hope there is an easy answer to this. I manage at a large company that uses MS exchange for its email system, issues Blackberries (but not to me), and doesn't seem to allow auto forwarding of emails by setting up rules or out of office assistant. I can log in to my work email remotely, but have to use an RSA token code to do so. I don't want to ask to have my phone added to their BES system. Is there any way that I can set up my email account so that it will auto forward or puch emails to my berry so that I don't have to keep logging in remotely to check for new mail while I am around the building working? For what its worth I can manually forward emails to outside email, but having to be at my desk to do so defeats the purpose. Any ideas? Oh, and they have blocked admin rights on our pc's so I can't install redirector on my computer.....think I can install it on my thumbdrive, run it from there?
    02-01-09 12:31 PM
    You can set up a rule in outlook to have your messages sent to your blackberry. I am doing so from my work computer. Here are the steps for adding a rule on Outlook 2003 (Outlook 2000 does not support auto forwarding).

Before you start, make sure you add your blackberry e-mail address to either your contacts folder or your personal address book.

1. In Outlook 2003, go to tools, rules and alerts wizard.
    2. On the e-mail rules tab, select new rule.
    3. Select "Start from a blank rule"
    4. Select "check messages when they arrive" click next
    5. Click Next and select Yes when the warning comes up that says this rule will apply to all messages.
    6. Check "forward to people or distribution list"
    7. In botton window, double click the highlighed "forward to poeple and Distribution list" and select you Blackberry e-mail address.
    8. Then click "finish"

On your blackberry:

Go to setup e-mail and create an icon on your screen for your blackberry e-mail address.

All of your forwarded e-mails from work will show up in this folder.

Good luck. It will work if you are using MS Outlook 2003 or higher.

I tried this from home exactly as written and wow!...it worked fine. I have tried forwarding rules to every email acct on my BB EXCEPT the actuall BB email account...duh. thanks ever so much. I have already passed along thre news to several other frustrated coworkers. Awesome help.
    02-01-09 09:45 PM
    By setting up this forward rule you are just forwarding your emails and not syncing..correct? Also if the message is forwarded to your bb account and you want to respond, isn't it going to send the message back to your outlook email and not the originator?
    I have been wanting a bb for a long time but my company does not have a BES and I want all my outlook information synced, contact calendar, email. Beside BES, I have not heard of a good solution
    02-02-09 02:52 PM
    And as quickly as this worked, it stopped again. I have treid to set this rule back up a few times, apparently I need an It admin to add my BB address into my listing in the global address list....ugh
    02-06-09 02:30 AM
    when you respond to the e-mail from your blackberry, The receiver will get a message on th ebotton of the e-mail that says "sent from blackberry". Unfortunately, your work e-mail will not save responses but you can just include your work address in your responses if you need a copy. on your Outlook, you will still retain the messages even though you may have deleted it from the blackberry as only a copy is forwarded not the original e-mail.
    02-06-09 01:19 PM
    Yes, have you IT person with Admin rights add the blackberry address to your personal address book or contacts as you may not have the rights to set this up. Also, forgot to mention, make sure the rule that you create is a "server" rule and not a "client" one. Depending on your IT policies, you may need to have your I peron set this up. If you look at rules, and the word (client) is next to it, you MUST have outlook open at all times in order for the rule to work. Once outlook is closed, all "client" rules are stopped, so it is best if you get get a server rule set up (no "client" next to rule name).

again, good luck
    02-06-09 01:23 PM
    Have Exchange 2007 Server here (also applies to older versions), added an Exchange Contact, gave it my @vzw.blackberry.net e-mail address, edited my Exchange account and opted to copy all incoming e-mail to that contact. I believe there was an option I set a long time ago on the server to allow forwarding e-mails to the outside, as it wasn't enabled by default.

Also set "from" address of my e-mail account on the BB web site, so that replies are handled correctly. It is that site where the "sent from my bb" can be altered/deleted.

This of course does not include messages SENT from either Outlook, OE, etc. or the BB, only incoming messages, but that's all I needed. Auto CC: could take care of that, but I wouldn't want an alert every time I sent something.

None of this requires Outlook or any other e-mail client to be running, but assumes you have access to the Exchange Server.
    Last edited by jwither; 02-06-09 at 02:10 PM.
    02-06-09 02:00 PM
    Well, until there is an app to help me I am done trying. I do not have admin rights, and our IT dept says that what I want is not allowed. You would think it was the NSA, not UPS.
    02-07-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";