Why do we see so many people from other platforms on here posing as BlackBerry users? Are there no forums for them to chat about their platforms or are these paid bashers.

http://apple-investor.com/2013/04/an...-apple-basher/

http://boingboing.net/2013/04/16/sam...ople-to-t.html

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:03 AM
    Ohhhh boy. There's no easy way to determine if there are any "bashers" here with an agenda. Unless you have proof (and I mean real, serious proof like you intercept an e-mail from Apple to one of these members that says "keep up the good work!"), you just come off sounding paranoid.
    05-05-13 07:08 AM
    Lol, it's a little true though
    This is a blackberry fan site, we don't need other platform users to just come here and talk smack, it's sad really.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-05-13 07:10 AM
    Ohhhh boy. There's no easy way to determine if there are any "bashers" here with an agenda. Unless you have proof (and I mean real, serious proof like you intercept an e-mail from Apple to one of these members that says "keep up the good work!"), you just come off sounding paranoid.
    Nokia is paying you, TB. Just admit it.
    05-05-13 07:15 AM
    Nokia is paying you, TB. Just admit it.
    Shhh!! They told me the check's in the mail!!
    05-05-13 07:18 AM
    Read my profile.

Read the Forum rules and guidelines.

I can post to this forum from my iPhone, as long as I follow the rules and guidelines.

The rules and guidelines do not say other devices are not allowed.

Mobile Nations created the Passport so that members could post through all the forums.

Hope that helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    05-05-13 07:41 AM
    Don't listen to these senior members above trying to protect Crackberry's rep. While they use multiple platforms and are not bashers, sometimes there are posters which do not allow BlackBerry fans to simply be BlackBerry fans. Paid bashers is definitely a possibility, though I would imagine this would be a very small minority of users. Paid bashers do exist, we just can't know who they are, and there probably aren't many to begin with. Again, don't let the seniors above me tell you otherwise because they live in a bubble in regards to these ideas. They've lost their realism over all the years they've been Crackberry users. Hey, I don't blame them, this place is definitely screwed up enough to have that effect on people over the long term.
    05-05-13 08:53 AM
    Here is some news that may shock some of the people on these forums. A lot of people own more than one smartphone, and some of those people own more than one brand of smartphone.

I own and use devices that run Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry 10. So am I not allowed here just because I have experience with more than the BlackBerry devices? Am I any less of a BlackBerry user because I am informed about what other platforms offer?

I believe that my opinions are just as valid as a forum poster that bought a Storm or a OS 5 Curve as their first smartphone and has owned absolutely nothing except BlackBerry smartphones every since.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    05-05-13 09:30 AM
    Here is some news that may shock some of the people on these forums. A lot of people own more than one smartphone, and some of those people own more than one brand of smartphone.

I own and use devices that run Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry 10. So am I not allowed here just because I have experience with more than the BlackBerry devices? Am I any less of a BlackBerry user because I am informed about what other platforms offer?

I believe that my opinions are just as valid as a forum poster that bought a Storm or a OS 5 Curve as their first smartphone and has owned absolutely nothing except BlackBerry smartphones every since.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Nothing wrong with owning multiple smartphones. I think who the OP is complaining about are those that intentionally make the experience for BlackBerry fans on these forums dismal. They do exist.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:13 AM
    There are also a number of ex-BB users like me who stay on the forums because we want BB to succeed. Sometimes these posters are considered to be 'wet blankets' because they'll enter threads like "2000 Q10 units sold....Apple is doomed!" posted by overly enthusiastic BB users and try to inject a little reality into the conversation. Then they're branded as haters.
    05-05-13 10:18 AM
    There are also a number of ex-BB users like me who stay on the forums because we want BB to succeed. Sometimes these posters are considered to be 'wet blankets' because they'll enter threads like "2000 Q10 units sold....Apple is doomed!" posted by overly enthusiastic BB users and try to inject a little reality into the conversation. Then they're branded as haters.
    Sometimes the "Haters" are overly enthusiastic as well. Sometimes, they're illogical, like Degree30 or whatever that poster's handle is, claiming that Apple doesn't care nor watch whay BlackBerry does. Don't create a double standard. It's illogical and goes against reality.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    05-05-13 10:41 AM
    People paid to stir up trouble? I'm not going to deny that possibility, but I suspect if it is happening, it isn't as bad or widespread here as some may suggest.

As for chatter about other platforms, I've noticed a lot of that is self created. It's not users of other OS' coming in here and starting threads about Apple or Android. It's CB users who feel they can only validate their BlackBerry by bashing the competition and spreading misinformation and making absurd comments while doing so. If there's misinformation, I'm going to correct it, regardless if it's BlackBerry, Apple, or some other product I've had experience with. You would think people who rather be informed and educated than live in mobile ignorance...

The big difference I notice between CB and iMore (I've been using iOS as long as I've been using BlackBerry) is the content of the posts. On iMore, members for the most part just discuss Apple products and such without the need to constantly bash or bring up their competitors. Things are a little more civil and friendly.
    05-05-13 10:51 AM
    Why do we see so many people from other platforms on here posing as BlackBerry users? Are there no forums for them to chat about their platforms or are these paid bashers.

http://apple-investor.com/2013/04/an...-apple-basher/

http://boingboing.net/2013/04/16/sam...ople-to-t.html

Posted via CB10
    Because as I'm learning and reading g I threads if you have a BlackBerry you also probably carry another platform too for everything else but messaging and communication.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:07 PM
    This site lacks a sensible level of decorum. I don't mind "haters" or detractors. Just don't be an *** about it. And to the loyalists...mind ur manners as well.

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-05-13 01:20 PM
    I didn't know owning a piece of technology gave you thin skin and low self esteem.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:25 PM
    To answer the OP's question...

Take it as a compliment. Personally, I think CB should be flattered by the fact that users can't seem to get away. Even the ones that switch devices still come back here and post. It's because CB is one of the best
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:27 PM
    Nothing wrong with owning multiple smartphones. I think who the OP is complaining about are those that intentionally make the experience for BlackBerry fans on these forums dismal. They do exist.

Posted via CB10
    Plenty of actual BlackBerry users do a good enough job making the experience abysmal.
    05-05-13 01:36 PM
    Don't listen to these senior members above trying to protect Crackberry's rep. While they use multiple platforms and are not bashers, sometimes there are posters which do not allow BlackBerry fans to simply be BlackBerry fans. Paid bashers is definitely a possibility, though I would imagine this would be a very small minority of users. Paid bashers do exist, we just can't know who they are, and there probably aren't many to begin with. Again, don't let the seniors above me tell you otherwise because they live in a bubble in regards to these ideas. They've lost their realism over all the years they've been Crackberry users. Hey, I don't blame them, this place is definitely screwed up enough to have that effect on people over the long term.
    Sorry, I think I would listen to Q over you any day

But please continue explaining how wise you are in the few months you've been here. Please burst our bubble and help us see the light.
    05-05-13 01:43 PM
    You won't stop it so just have to deal with it.

Positively, It's an indication that BlackBerry is a threat on some sort of level.
    05-05-13 01:50 PM
    Funny how you think CB is the only place to gain knowledge. As I said, you seniors live in a bubble and thrive off of your own social forum "Status". Not very wise. It's a generalization, of course. Though if I were to entertain your notion of CB being the only place to gain knowledge and "Experience", then how can you know if I've been reading these forums for years and only created an account recently? I've owned many BlackBerry's.

Ah, I see.. no worries, fellow BlackBerry senior user, keep making the experience on these forums abysmal for everyone . I'm not worth listening to. You set a great example and fall perfectly into my (generalized, meaning not all) notion of the "Senior bubble".

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:00 PM
    Funny how you think CB is the only place to gain knowledge. As I said, you seniors live in a bubble and thrive off of your own social forum "Status". Not very wise. It's a generalization, of course. Though if I were to entertain your notion of CB being the only place to gain knowledge and "Experience", then how can you know if I've been reading these forums for years and only created an account recently? I've owned many BlackBerry's.

Ah, I see.. no worries, fellow BlackBerry senior user, keep making the experience on these forums abysmal for everyone . I'm not worth listening to. You set a great example and fall perfectly into my (generalized, meaning not all) notion of the "Senior bubble".

Posted via CB10
    Allright....that is more than is really needed.

You know why I'm a so called "senior member"? Because I happened to have opened an account here in 2009 and have been coming here steadily. That's it. No other reason. Just the same as anyone else who came in at that time. No big choir of angels sang. No white dove came down. I just come here.

Oh yeah, I visited other forums, one of which is nothing but mediocrity. You know why I"m here? Because I learn best here. Because I trust the admins here. Because the staff is professional here. Because the mods are ethical here. Because I've made friends here. Because I've been exposed to other devices here.

I am here because this is the best tech site for me. I have been outside of this so called bubble you refer to and what out there doesn't come close to the experience here. So enough swipes at "senior members" already.

And you appear much more interested in status than anyone else. You keep talking about it. I *prefer* this site over others. Simple as that.

Question - if the experience here is so abysmal and there are so many other places to gain knowledge, why do you subject yourself to a site that you consider, in your words, abysmal? Personally, I found that other site I mentioned abysmal. I don't go there. I don't subject myself to that malaise. Why do you come to a site you find objectionable?
    05-05-13 02:14 PM
    @ agp101

I am kind of interested here...
    How would you categorise a thread like the one I created not so long ago?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=803036

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:16 PM
    Aloy12 and ingotsthis, both joined April 2013 and already seem to think they know what's best for all of us. Future mods?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    05-05-13 02:36 PM
    Sorry, I think I would listen to Q over you any day

But please continue explaining how wise you are in the few months you've been here. Please burst our bubble and help us see the light.
    Check out his work in other threads. Beauty's

Posted via CB10
    h20work, mikeo007 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-05-13 02:41 PM
    Gibberish
    From the brilliant mind that's brought you such useful posts as:

Blah blah blah. There, I've contributed as much as any one else in this thread.
    Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:42 PM
58 123