So with the announcement of windows 10 it's become apparent that it's making a huge push for enterprise and mdm. First thoughts is that it's an effective mdm solution. Now since this is where blackberry is placing most of their eggs so it could be a potentially dangerous rival.
    Now not much is known about Windows 10, for example will it only work with Windows phone whereas bes10 can manage multiple platforms.
    But considering Nokia can churn out devices for less then 100 dollars and the alleged ease of management for enterprise I can't help but feel a little concerned for blackberry.
    I've not been the biggest fan of blackberry lately but I've always hoped that once they secured themselves as the leader of mdm that they would concentrate on making some great devices.
    Hopefully they are keeping an eye on the folks at Microsoft.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-01-14 01:56 PM
    I thought it was Windows Phone 7, no 8, wait no 8.1.......

Someone always states the next version of Windows Phone is the killer, eventually someone stating this may be right.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 02:00 PM
    I thought it was Windows Phone 7, no 8, wait no 8.1.......

Someone always states the next version of Windows Phone is the killer, eventually someone stating this may be right.

I'm not talking about windows phone.
    But thanks for taking time to read instead of just glancing at the title :P

10-01-14 02:04 PM
    OMG....Windows! Please no more updates! Can't keep up fixing what they break!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 02:04 PM
    OMG....Windows! Please no more updates! Can't keep up fixing what they break!

Posted via CB10
    They are at the stage of their cycle where they release a good one

10-01-14 02:05 PM
    I'm not talking about windows phone.
    But thanks for taking time to read instead of just glancing at the title :P

Yes but they have been heading towards the unified OS and UI. It is likely that that they will try to get this even closer. Sorry I guess I assumed it was implied?

10-01-14 02:39 PM
    Yes but they have been heading towards the unified OS and UI. It is likely that that they will try to get this even closer. Sorry I guess I assumed it was implied?

True to that, in fact Windows 10 desktop and Windows Phone 10 will be unified by the kernel, the store and the apps. The apps can be install in your tablet, phone or laptop.
    10-01-14 02:42 PM
    M$ hasn't gotten it right yet, but if they do they will dominate the business world. Imagine an integration of OS, M$ Server, and M$ Office with a really robust MDM, they'd have it all.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-01-14 02:47 PM

True. I was focused more on the mdm side though. I know that is the area blackberry wants to dominate.

10-01-14 02:52 PM
    If Win10 will gain the same success (especially in the enterprise world) as Win8 we can relax..
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 03:53 PM
    So with the announcement of windows 10 it's become apparent that it's making a huge push for enterprise and mdm. First thoughts is that it's an effective mdm solution. Now since this is where blackberry is placing most of their eggs so it could be a potentially dangerous rival.
    Now not much is known about Windows 10, for example will it only work with Windows phone whereas bes10 can manage multiple platforms.
    But considering Nokia can churn out devices for less then 100 dollars and the alleged ease of management for enterprise I can't help but feel a little concerned for blackberry.
    I've not been the biggest fan of blackberry lately but I've always hoped that once they secured themselves as the leader of mdm that they would concentrate on making some great devices.
    Hopefully they are keeping an eye on the folks at Microsoft.

Ok, there seems to be some misinformation in this thread, whether intentional or unintentional. The biggest thing I would like to point out is that no, the MDM solutions won't just work in for Windows Phone, but can manage any device, Android/iOS/ Windows Phone/ The Modern Windows apps and now (with Windows 10), the Windows desktop.

I think Enterprises will also really appreciate a feature that I've discovered in the Technical Preview, which is that you can choose and manage when and to what computers you want to update. So I can choose to get weekly updates, monthly updates, bimonthly updates etc... and I can choose which of those updates (critical or optional) to install at different segments in time (for example, critical updates ASAP and optional ones every three months). They're finally giving enterprise users a meaningful way to leave feedback (via a feedback app in the previews) and change the actual product to how enterprises want it.

For a better breakdown of Windows in the enterprise, I suggest this Windows 10 for the Enterprise | Windows 10 content from Windows IT Pro
    darkehawke likes this.
    10-01-14 04:22 PM
    If Win10 will gain the same success (especially in the enterprise world) as Win8 we can relax..
    Except it won't, it'll demolish Windows 8's numbers within a year of it's official release and go on to one of the largest OSes in the world. Many businesses are responding very positively to it. It will provide a very natural upgrade path for both Windows 7 and 8 users and will not be so different as to alienate XP users.
    10-01-14 04:25 PM
    Win7 gives you (and your business) everyrhing you need as for a microsoft product. If you wanto something different you can try some unix OSes: there are tons and some distro made for business oriented users/companies. Win10 won't provide (imho) nothing so big that will make the enteprise market switch from 7 (or 8)to 10. Probably it will boost and complete the transaction from XP(which is 13 years old...) but that's it.
    10-01-14 04:47 PM
    Win7 gives you (and your business) everyrhing you need as for a microsoft product. If you wanto something different you can try some unix OSes: there are tons and some distro made for business oriented users/companies. Win10 won't provide (imho) nothing so big that will make the enteprise market switch from 7 (or 8)to 10. Probably it will boost and complete the transaction from XP(which is 13 years old...) but that's it.

I wonder if the shellshock bug will actually get more enterprises to move away from Linux/Unix servers to Windows servers.
    10-01-14 04:55 PM