07-25-16 05:40 PM
    There's no mention of Blackerry nor QNX which is classic middleware. The story is about how buying a Ford will nicely integrate with your Android or Apple smartphone.
    07-25-16 05:56 PM
    It might strategically better, if the customer does not know that the Ford car contains BlackBerry software to connect to their iPhone or Android. (for the Ford brand.)
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-25-16 07:06 PM
    Modern cars are made from parts and designs and software from a large list of providers. Most don't get mentioned.

Look at your own cars and think about who makes the adjustable shocks. Or the brakes. Or the wheels. Or the HUD. Or the seats. Or the transmission. Or the turbos. Or the system that warns you not to back up too far or too soon.

All companies that hardly ever get mention.
    Ronindan and TGR1 like this.
    07-25-16 07:09 PM
    QNX runs nuclear power stations, so hopefully it can handle the Ford Sync!
    07-25-16 07:29 PM
    It might strategically better, if the customer does not know that the Ford car contains BlackBerry software to connect to their iPhone or Android. (for the Ford brand.)
    And your point being people would go buy a another car instead of a Ford because BlackBerry runs their infotainment system?!? I guess Ford could go back to using Microsoft. Their previous Sync was so much better!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 07:33 PM
    And your point being people would go buy a another car instead of a Ford because BlackBerry runs their infotainment system?!? I guess Ford could go back to using Microsoft. Their previous Sync was so much better!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that is my point. Its not whether the QNX system is worse than the Microsoft one. Its that the brand BlackBerry is more toxic than Microsoft.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-25-16 07:39 PM
    So much for all talk of how "CarPlay runs on QNX" - users of Android and iOS smartphones are just using the touch display and sound system to access the apps running on their smartphones.
    07-25-16 07:45 PM
    Yes, that is my point. Its not whether the QNX system is worse than the Microsoft one. Its that the brand BlackBerry is more toxic than Microsoft.
    Well, if everyone took that attitude then Ford might as well throw in the towel and sell themselves to Honda. How dare they put an industry leading car infotainment system in their cars! Oh wait most other car companies use the same company!!!! Who cares if it is BlackBerry! The company no longer is a leader in hardware, but much of the software that powers their BB10 smart phones is the same software powering their infotainment systems in many car manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 07:51 PM
    Why? Because no one cares what powers it. They want to know that it will connect to their Android or iPhone and couldn't care less if its powered by QNX, and rightfully so. Its not like if they said "Oh and by the way these are powered by QNX" that people would take anything away from that. Give me a break.
    DrEd14, TGR1 and TgeekB like this.
    07-25-16 08:04 PM
    Why? Because no one cares what powers it. They want to know that it will connect to their Android or iPhone and couldn't care less if its powered by QNX, and rightfully so. Its not like if they said "Oh and by the way these are powered by QNX" that people would take anything away from that. Give me a break.
    I guess people forget what middleware means.
    07-25-16 10:20 PM
    So is Ford's Sync compatible with BB10 phones?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    07-29-16 07:40 AM
    So is Ford's Sync compatible with BB10 phones?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    It's integrated pretty well with my z30. Just bought a brand new 2016 Ford Edge. Was able to connect my Z30 via Bluetooth, stream music, receive and reply to SMS, send and receive calls, etc. There's probably features that i've missed but had no issues with it.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    07-29-16 04:31 PM
    I agree a 100%, I have been in the auto industry all my life and QNX is just another part that goes into making the complete product we call a automobile.

As long as Blackberry is being paid for their software and it works without any issues, who cares as long as the check clears the bank.
    DrEd14 likes this.
    07-29-16 05:01 PM
    And your point being people would go buy a another car instead of a Ford because BlackBerry runs their infotainment system?!?
    There are people who probably would.
    07-29-16 05:21 PM
    There are people who probably would.
    Pathetic!!!! But if they get off on it, well that is their fun.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 07:31 AM
    I have a 2016 F150. One thing I don't understand is the system is made by blackberry but it can't read BBM. Only thing I can think of is because of the encryption. But you would think Blackberry could work around that

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 08:29 AM
    I have a 2016 F150. One thing I don't understand is the system is made by blackberry but it can't read BBM. Only thing I can think of is because of the encryption. But you would think Blackberry could work around that

Posted via CB10
    You should make a specific post in Crackberry about that. I am sure someone could answer that for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 12:59 PM