Recuva only recovered some of the pictures so car. I am trying a different program now and will report back here in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:38 AM
    2015 models I believe are still MS. 2016 is QNX
    I know that's true about Expedition (the reason I waited for the 2016), I think there are some models that got it in 2015. Not sure about the Focus.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    11-11-15 06:45 AM
    I looked closer at the Micro SD from a PC and it appears what had happened is that the SD card got reformatted. Interesting enough the file format is TFAT, which I believe is Microsoft.
    I'm pleased that in your case it doesn't appear to be BB at fault. But WTF??? Why would an in-car entertainment system reformat a media device? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't surf the internet on it or do anything else to create content - so why would you need to blank a media device that has been inserted? Is there a "reformat device" menu option? If so, what for? The whole thing sounds really toxic to me.

Anyway, good luck with the other recovery software - and perhaps consider using Bluetooth in future.
    11-11-15 06:51 AM
    I'm pleased that in your case it doesn't appear to be BB at fault. But WTF??? Why would an in-car entertainment system reformat a media device? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't surf the internet on it or do anything else to create content - so why would you need to blank a media device that has been inserted? Is there a "reformat device" menu option? If so, what for? The whole thing sounds really toxic to me.

Anyway, good luck with the other recovery software - and perhaps consider using Bluetooth in future.
    I agree. It does sound like a major flaw in the system. It's my fault for not backing up in the first place, but it really sounds like a pitfall that anyone can fall into. I am desperately trying to recover now and may fedora to a professional service that can do this. Does anyone know who to go to?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:37 AM
    I agree. It does sound like a major flaw in the system. It's my fault for not backing up in the first place, but it really sounds like a pitfall that anyone can fall into. I am desperately trying to recover now and may fedora to a professional service that can do this. Does anyone know who to go to?

Posted via CB10
    Where you located?
    In Canada you can use restoringdata.ca they have locations across Canada.
    There's also datatechlab.com

You will have to mail in your sd card or courier it in with signature required best option.
    Most places won't charge if no data is recovered.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:54 AM
    I've had this issue with Sync in a 2015 Mustang as well. Unfortunately I didn't know about recovery software. I just accepted the loss

I hope you have better luck!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 09:09 AM
    Where you located?

You will have to mail in your sd card or courier it in with signature required best option.

Posted via CB10
    Chicago area.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 09:24 AM
    Where you located?

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever used DataTechLab?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 09:32 AM
    So Microsoft deleted the data, not Ford.... ?

;-)

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    MS - Microsoft Swallowed the data
    11-11-15 10:07 AM
    Have you ever used DataTechLab?

Posted via CB10
    Nope not me. Associate in the US used them and they recovered 95% of his data. He said the recovered files came back with odd names and file dates were all off. He didn't care cause they recovered his data. The data lost was a from a bad sector or partition, something along those lines.

But quick Google search for Chicago turns up quite a few results. Data tech has a location in chicago I believe. Data Recovery, Proven Data Recovery and Promise Data Recovery have some good reviews in the Chicago area.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:07 PM
    UPDATE: Before I turned in the rental car, I tried to duplicate the problem with a new SD card.

1. Bought a new SD Card.
    2. Installed into Z10.
    3. Took random photos and videos.
    4. Enabled USB Mass Storage Mode (worse case scenario).
    4. Re-connected to the USB in the Ford Fusion.
    5. Tried to sync media; play with the controls; connect and re-connect the USB cable multiple times. I spent a good 15 min trying to duplicate the problem

RESULT: I could not duplicate the problem. All pictures and videos stayed intact and undisturbed. I have no clue how this happened the first time, but the bottom line is that I ended up with the Microsoft file format on my original Micro SD.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:00 PM
    Pull a clone image using R-studio before you send in the card....

I would NEVER run any recovery actions on the original live medium!!

Always recover from the raw clone! :-D

http://www.r-studio.com/

Won't get any better than that. Try it. I've recovered the most brutally corrupted stuff with this.

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-11-15 11:14 PM
37 12