Has anyone heard anything new about Ford putting QNX in their new cars?
    I am thinking about getting a new Expedition, but will wait to see if the 2015 models have QNX.
    I can't find anything new on the internet.

Posted on my Q10 via CB10
    GRojasHruska and curves2000 like this.
    05-31-14 07:27 PM
    Some 2015 models are already in production right now and having heard nothing to the contrary, I would surmise they are still currently installing MyFordTouch/Sync powered by Microsoft systems. Not heard an official date due to swap over, yet.

http://m.crackberry.com/ford-hasnt-d...ytems-just-yet
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-31-14 08:30 PM
    I think it is still in the development stages, probably won't see QNX in vehicles you can purchase for another couple of years at least... ford does a lot of testing and debug before releasing to the public.. i wouldnt let the system influence your vehicle purchasing decisions...

You could always buy a GM

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-31-14 08:48 PM
    I love my Fords. I have had many through the years. My current Expedition has 140,000 miles and is great shape. I could probably wait a year if I have to.
    Does GM have QNX already? But they don't have the push button door opener thingy which is. Very useful for me as I like to lock my keys in the car.

TangerineKandy likes this.
    05-31-14 09:29 PM
    What's a GM guys? :/

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 09:38 PM
    By the way what system is GM uses?

? Slicing using my ?
    05-31-14 09:50 PM
    What's GM... Would anyone be kind enough to explain?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 09:53 PM
    GM is general motors, they make cars

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and anon(5818411) like this.
    05-31-14 10:01 PM
    I love my Fords. I have had many through the years. My current Expedition has 140,000 miles and is great shape. I could probably wait a year if I have to.
    Does GM have QNX already? But they don't have the push button door opener thingy which is. Very useful for me as I like to lock my keys in the car.

GM has OnStar. You can use your phone to unlock your car. Or lock it. Or start it.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-31-14 10:06 PM
    Gm is general motors or chevrolet

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:00 PM
    Gm is general motors or chevrolet

Posted via CB10
    Chevrolet is actually owned by GM

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:05 PM
    The next question asked should be: "Why argue semantics?"

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    06-01-14 12:00 AM
    I have a gut feeling that, the reason why they haven't went QNX is because, they're probably waiting how MS is doing their version for cars. And if it doesn't convince them they'll likely announce it later.
    Microsoft unveils Windows in the car, battles Apple CarPlay | The Verge
    seluje and Mr4aces like this.
    06-01-14 05:07 AM
    To reboot just shut of the motor, open and close the door and you'll be fine...
    06-01-14 05:21 AM
    I work for Ford at the dealership level. QNX is still in development stages for Ford. There is no timeline as to when it will come out, but it will just be a software update to the new vehicles. Also, they are changing the name and I believe that is holding it up. It will no longer be Ford Sync.

I think sometime in 2015 it will finally be out.
    06-01-14 05:27 AM
    To reboot just shut of the motor, open and close the door and you'll be fine...
    Not good!!! Hard to do at 70 MPH.

06-01-14 06:49 AM
    I have a gut feeling that, the reason why they haven't went QNX is because, they're probably waiting how MS is doing their version for cars. And if it doesn't convince them they'll likely announce it later.
    Microsoft unveils Windows in the car, battles Apple CarPlay | The Verge
    Does it only work with Windows phone? Do we have to buy a new phone every. Time we buy a new car? Or will they givve you a new phone when you buy a car? :-)

06-01-14 06:53 AM
    I work for ford at the manufacturing and design level, they have no current plans that I've heard of about putting the new systems in production cars...

QNX and Ford have already announced a partnership, Microsoft is definitely out... Ford is tired of coming in last in the J.D power infotainment section out of the 30+ systems... they gave Microsoft a second chance with the latest MyFordTouch but they still came in last so they are changing to QNX...

GM already uses QNX for their vehicle infotainment systems, and it is personalized in each of their 4 brands, Cadillac, Buick, Chevy and GMC all have specialized themes

The GM system works flawless, especially their brand new systems... the only complaint they have is they took away too many physical buttons and made them touch... which are harder to control while driving

Posted via CB10
    johnm137, Mr4aces, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    06-01-14 08:09 AM
    I work for ford at the manufacturing and design level, they have no current plans that I've heard of about putting the new systems in production cars...

QNX and Ford have already announced a partnership, Microsoft is definitely out... Ford is tired of coming in last in the J.D power infotainment section out of the 30+ systems... they gave Microsoft a second chance with the latest MyFordTouch but they still came in last so they are changing to QNX...

GM already uses QNX for their vehicle infotainment systems, and it is personalized in each of their 4 brands, Cadillac, Buick, Chevy and GMC all have specialized themes

The GM system works flawless, especially their brand new systems... the only complaint they have is they took away too many physical buttons and made them touch... which are harder to control while driving

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!! That's helpful info.

06-01-14 08:15 AM
    Chrysler(Dodge, Jeep) has "uconnect" which works just great which is QNX. I have a 2012 and have wireless text to voice and hands free in my truck with my Z30. Also aptX bluetooth music streaming from my Z30 to my truck. The unit also comes with an internal 30 gig hard drive so you can load all your music to your car.
    The unit I have is the 430N with Garmin maps. You can find firmware updates on the net for it. Just upgraded to 50.2 which gives the awesome black theme. Awesome system, never had a glitch.....ever.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-01-14 08:38 AM
    Chrysler(Dodge, Jeep) has "uconnect" which works just great which is QNX. I have a 2012 and have wireless text to voice and hands free in my truck with my Z30. Also aptX bluetooth music streaming from my Z30 to my truck. The unit also comes with an internal 30 gig hard drive so you can load all your music to your car.
    The unit I have is the 430N with Garmin maps. You can find firmware updates on the net for it. Just upgraded to 50.2 which gives the awesome black theme. Awesome system, never had a glitch.....ever.
    QNX has been doing infotainment systems for a long time now, I'm sure not many are surprised that their systems are the best

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 09:23 AM

GMs new keyfobs have keyless entry, there is just a button on the door handle if the key is within 3ft (locked inside)... my old F150 had the keypad... i see what your saying though and yeah it was nice for those days at the beach not worrying about your keys getting lost

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 09:25 AM
    GM has OnStar. You can use your phone to unlock your car. Or lock it. Or start it.
    Yes, the onstar app is great, very full featured... i love the fact you can find gps points on your phone and send them to the car

Ford and QNX-img_20140601_102808.png
    Ford and QNX-img_20140601_103132.png

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and Mr4aces like this.
    06-01-14 09:31 AM
    Hopefully Qnx will be backwards compatible to 2013

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:07 AM
    Ford should have known long before of the on going stability/reliability of Microsoft /Windows. QNX is probably the most stable platform to date. We should be embracing this technology as oppose for wishing it's demise.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:33 AM
65 123