Hello All!

So I just got my BlackBerry Bold setup with a data plan and all that. It's really great and i'm so happy with it.

I am now trying to work out my email. There are a couple of problems here. One I don't use Outlook 2007 for my email rather I use TheBat Professional by RitLabs. My host provides IMAP support but there is no switch to choose which to use, you just setup your client to connect via IMAP or POP3.

I recently moved one of my accounts over to IMAP so I can get it to sync up with my BlackBerry. I don't see any syncronizing as is normal wiht IMAP for example I can't manage folders and I can't seem to figure out how to get my sent mail and inbox to syncronize with my IMAP account on my host.

Is there a specific way to tell RIM via the BIS manager to use IMAP and to sync the sent and inbox?

Thank you very much!

Nick
    12-29-08 11:19 PM
    If your trying to get the IMAP folders onto your Berry then no that is not doable thru BIS
    12-30-08 03:44 AM
    I just installed a program on my Storm called LogicMail. It's free and open source: info at
    LogicMail for BlackBerry – Trac
    over-the-air download at
    LogicMail Installation
    It's pretty bare bones, but lets me navigate my folders and send mail using multiple identities. Plus, it's currently in development, and the developer has plans for more sophisticated features.
    Hopefully RIM will see fit to enable easy IMAP access (one of the things the iPhone has going for it over BB right now, alas). But this app may help you fill the breach in the meantime.
    12-30-08 03:57 AM
    Cool thanks for the answer! I'll look more into it and check out that program.

I did manage to get my IMAP working last night to the fullest extent possible. I now get my emails on my phone, if I read them they update via IMAP and on my computer. I also got sent items and deleted emails sync'd as well.

It's working the way I want for now anyway
    12-30-08 10:21 AM
    Cool thanks for the answer! I'll look more into it and check out that program.

I did manage to get my IMAP working last night to the fullest extent possible. I now get my emails on my phone, if I read them they update via IMAP and on my computer. I also got sent items and deleted emails sync'd as well.

It's working the way I want for now anyway
    How?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD