On June 29th, 2007 when the original IPhone hit the market, I was shocked to find out that such an anticipated phone was not 3G capable nor had GPS. Despite all Of these features being available to us at that time, Apple did not make them available on this initial device. It became apparent of the reasoning behind this strategy when Apple came out with the exact phone one year later. Now it was called the IPhone 3G and of course everyone had to have it! Were people so enamored by this intoxicating Apple that they did not realize that Apple could have made the original IPhone both 3G and GPS Capable?*

In 2007, the Nokia N95 had WiFi, GPS, video calling, as well as a 5 MP camera and an accelerometer. Nokia ruled the app world in 2007 not Apple. I had my Nokia control my TV, PS3, Cable Box, Bose system as well as a Bluetooth mouse for the computer. How's that for apps back in 2007? The technology was there and Nokia gave it to their consumers. Instead, Apple holds back the technology, stringing them along in order to buy the next device with a new feature they will allow the customer to have.

Apple has been Known to put 160G on an IPod. Then why come out with a phone that has only 8G with no GPS or 3G and a 2MP camera when there are far superior features on other devices?

Apple repeated itself* on June 24, 2010 with the latest to its collection, the Iphone4. Something missing? Yes, maybe the little G at the end of it. But I bet I can tell you the new name of the next Iphone. It will not be IPhone 5 but IPhone 4G. Just a hunch but I won't be surprised if I am correct. Apple is a business, I get it. But I would have felt cheated as a consumer if I ever purchased anything from Apple with this type of manipulation. Apple has become the forbidden fruit because even though they put out a new device practically every month that it already had the capability of doing on the last device, their customers still purchase these incessant "updated products"!

*We see the same story starting over with this IPad. Apple now already has 2 tablets on the market with the first one having no camera. Let it be known that almost every notebook or laptop comes with a Web Cam standard. Why did they leave out such an important detail? Is it to make you want to buy the Ipad2 even though you should have had it to begin with? The IPad2 has been upgraded to a .7MP camera with a VGA video camera (this is the same camera found on FREE phones). Now I am convinced and I'm glad I did not drink the Kool-Aid. At this rate, the Apple IPad 4 will have the same features as the Blackberry Playbook 1....
    09-25-11 09:16 AM
    While I agree to what you are saying to some extent, apple is not the only one that is doing this. Rim has been doing this for years and most of the makers of the android phones do it to. It seems that a phone is only out for a short time, and sometimes 3 or 6 months later these same companies come out with phones where significant changes have not really been made, but maybe only added an occasional new feature and they call it new. Unfortunately, its market strategy, but for the techies around that all have to have the "latest and greatest" they rush out to go buy them. That is the reason I am not a big fan of the two year contract with these phone service providers. You get something and it might be great initially, but then you start to make your wish list of what your phone does not have and what you would like to see it have, and like fools we are locked into keeping a phone for 2 yrs unless we want to pay some outrageous fees of breaking our contract with them. These people are not as stupid as we may think. They have you coming or going either way, just to gobble up our hard earned dollars to have something that should have been readily available from the get go. These companies probably have phone specs for phones that wont be out for another 2 or 3 yrs on the drawing board, and they like to release things that are far less then perfect out of the box, and see what sucker is going to come along and drop another 400-500 dollars on something shortly after we already made a purchase. Sorry for ranting here
    Jonathank likes this.
    09-25-11 11:21 AM
    RIM does this with every single device they have.

The Bold line since the 9000 hardware wise was the same (minor memory and camera spec increases) till the 9780.

The Storm 1 released without WiFi when every other smartphone coming out had it. Guess what the Storm 2 had? A better click screen and WiFi. Minor memory and camera (not sure) bump too. No other hardware upgrade.

At least with Apple they are giving you new, up to date products. It's the end of 2011 and RIM finally has devices that feel like they aren't still in 2008.

The iPhone 3GS-4 was a big upgrade. Almost doubled processor speed. More memory. Doubled screen resolution and set the standard for screens. FFC. HD video and many more.

The only ****ty upgrade was the 3G-3GS IMO. Yes the 3GS was faster, but the difference wasn't as big as the 3GS-4.
    09-25-11 11:55 AM
    On June 29th, 2007 when the original IPhone hit the market, I was shocked to find out that such an anticipated phone was not 3G capable nor had GPS. Despite all Of these features being available to us at that time, Apple did not make them available on this initial device. It became apparent of the reasoning behind this strategy when Apple came out with the exact phone one year later. Now it was called the IPhone 3G and of course everyone had to have it! Were people so enamored by this intoxicating Apple that they did not realize that Apple could have made the original IPhone both 3G and GPS Capable?*

In 2007, the Nokia N95 had WiFi, GPS, video calling, as well as a 5 MP camera and an accelerometer. Nokia ruled the app world in 2007 not Apple. I had my Nokia control my TV, PS3, Cable Box, Bose system as well as a Bluetooth mouse for the computer. How's that for apps back in 2007? The technology was there and Nokia gave it to their consumers. Instead, Apple holds back the technology, stringing them along in order to buy the next device with a new feature they will allow the customer to have.

Apple has been Known to put 160G on an IPod. Then why come out with a phone that has only 8G with no GPS or 3G and a 2MP camera when there are far superior features on other devices?

Apple repeated itself* on June 24, 2010 with the latest to its collection, the Iphone4. Something missing? Yes, maybe the little G at the end of it. But I bet I can tell you the new name of the next Iphone. It will not be IPhone 5 but IPhone 4G. Just a hunch but I won't be surprised if I am correct. Apple is a business, I get it. But I would have felt cheated as a consumer if I ever purchased anything from Apple with this type of manipulation. Apple has become the forbidden fruit because even though they put out a new device practically every month that it already had the capability of doing on the last device, their customers still purchase these incessant "updated products"!

*We see the same story starting over with this IPad. Apple now already has 2 tablets on the market with the first one having no camera. Let it be known that almost every notebook or laptop comes with a Web Cam standard. Why did they leave out such an important detail? Is it to make you want to buy the Ipad2 even though you should have had it to begin with? The IPad2 has been upgraded to a .7MP camera with a VGA video camera (this is the same camera found on FREE phones). Now I am convinced and I'm glad I did not drink the Kool-Aid. At this rate, the Apple IPad 4 will have the same features as the Blackberry Playbook 1....Read more at mrksberry.blogspot.com
    Well remember when the original iPhone launched 3G on att was not nationwide so don't blame apple blame att. Secondly the original iPhone was a collaborative effort with att/Cingular with att guiding a lot of what was going on. And it will be the iPhone 4s geez do some homework. And why would the iPad go backwards and not have spell check, native pim, email etc......shall I go on. Your post is filled with so many inaccuracies it's laughable. And FYI Apple doesn't have 800 thousand iPads sitting in a warehouse somewhere that nobody wants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-25-11 12:51 PM
    I don't understand what it is about BlackBerry owners feeling the need to bash Apple. It juvenile and frankly getting old. Are you that that insecure about the devices that you use, that you somehow make yourself feel better by bashing another? I used to be all BlackBerry, and I've owned NO LESS than 30 of them, including the "flagship" 9800. I still come to CB because I have friends here, but I never go into the Blackberry general discussion thread and tell them exactly how crappy I think RIM products have become. If you don't like Apple products-don't buy Apple products, stick with your antiques.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 09-25-11 at 05:08 PM.
    09-25-11 01:04 PM
    I can't take it seriously. His post is an advertisement for his blog which automatically means I don't take it seriously.
    pilsbury likes this.
    09-25-11 02:32 PM
    His signature says he's a "PlayBook Rep". Maybe he is upset that his device isn't selling so he needs to try and bash Apple to make him feel better.
    Rickroller and pilsbury like this.
    09-25-11 02:45 PM
    They all do Avt. Not to mention the lack of 4g on " new" BBs.
    pilsbury likes this.
    09-25-11 04:34 PM
    I can assure you Apple does not release new products every month, and if it weren't for Apple, your PlayBook wouldn't even exist, nor would Android in the state that it is, nor would decent BlackBerry phones. You can complain that Apple gets away with releasing sub-par spec'd phones or whatever, but that's not stopping the majority of the world from noticing that they are still superior in many ways to most competitors. I can back-up my claims if it is needed - not to make this a flame war, but some of your claims, OP, are a little skewed.
    pilsbury likes this.
    09-25-11 08:03 PM
    His signature says he's a "PlayBook Rep". Maybe he is upset that his device isn't selling so he needs to try and bash Apple to make him feel better.

for those of you that will say PlayBooks don't sell.....please right now go check your local best buy walmart or office depot and see if they have stock GUESS WHAT THE PLAYBOOK IS SOLD OUT....I am a Playbook rep and Not 1 Best Buy has the PlayBook...there is a problem with the shipments....how could RIM sell the 800,00 unsold if they don't put them in stores SO GUYS PLEASE YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT...you don't sell them so you don't know...I DO and they fly...who wants a 10" screen MOBILE web browser..
    09-25-11 08:59 PM
    I can't take it seriously. His post is an advertisement for his blog which automatically means I don't take it seriously.
    what an *****....buddy do u even know what advertising is???? If i was to put up part of the forum and in order to read the rest you had to click the link then YES that is advertising. I put the WHOLE thing so you can read it....Do you not get that???? why dont you keep your comment to yourself because you sound ridiculous. Not tha brightest color in the box are we...Tried to make me feel dumb but the Jokes on you
    09-25-11 09:07 PM
    for those of you that will say PlayBooks don't sell.....please right now go check your local best buy walmart or office depot and see if they have stock GUESS WHAT THE PLAYBOOK IS SOLD OUT....I am a Playbook rep and Not 1 Best Buy has the PlayBook...there is a problem with the shipments....how could RIM sell the 800,00 unsold if they don't put them in stores SO GUYS PLEASE YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT...you don't sell them so you don't know...I DO and they fly...who wants a 10" screen MOBILE web browser..
    We may not know from first-hand accounts, but the next best thing is an earnings call from the co-CEO's of the company. I'll take their word over yours.
    09-25-11 09:07 PM
    Guys. This is going south. It's a really cool discussion. Stop blasting each other and stick to points-- it's very interesting. Seriously

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 09:24 PM
    then you can say your Iphone would have NEVER existed if it was not for NOKIA....You sound jus like an apple guy....its called technology...NOT apploigy...You sound like the customer that says is it 3G is that 3G does it have 3G like apple made 3G..please shhhhhh
    And you're sounding more and more like the guy who thought he has a good argument, but clearly does not. I'm willing to bet I'm more well-versed than 99% of consumers when it comes to mobile computing and mobile phones. Quit taking everything so personally; your point doesn't make as much sense as it did in your head, get over it.

You just re-poseted this in the General Discussion section and admitted you got owned, let's cut this out alright?
    09-25-11 09:30 PM
    I have not met one person outside of tech forums and websites that have any idea about what the PlayBook is. How much stock do these BestBuys carry? 10? 20?

The earnings call seems to paint a different picture.
    09-26-11 12:54 AM
    I'd just like to note that the reason the iPhone never had 160 GB like the iPod is that the classic iPod uses a hard drive. BTW, the Classic iPods are still the best MP3 player ever made, IMO. I have 5 of them! Anyway, nobody would have bought the iPhone if it had been equipped with a heavy 160 GB hard drive and a massive battery...lol!
    09-26-11 01:06 AM
    what an *****....buddy do u even know what advertising is???? If i was to put up part of the forum and in order to read the rest you had to click the link then YES that is advertising. I put the WHOLE thing so you can read it....Do you not get that???? why dont you keep your comment to yourself because you sound ridiculous. Not tha brightest color in the box are we...Tried to make me feel dumb but the Jokes on you
    hmm,they sell do they. then why is staples selling them for 249 well below normal retail
    09-26-11 05:01 AM
    Wow the OP seems stressed out. Must be lack of sales......

RIM has warehouses full of PB's and Apple has backorders for iPads........
    pilsbury likes this.
    09-26-11 11:28 AM
    Here comes RIM's shipment now..

lssanjose and Accidental Post like this.
    09-26-11 03:48 PM
    Here comes RIM's shipment now..

Click to view quoted image

09-26-11 04:32 PM
    I work for a retailer of electronics. A large one. On launch we got 6 16gb and 6 32gb. We still have 4 of those original 16gb and 5 of the original 32gb left and have received no new shipments since POS isn't requesting them. Because they aren't selling.

You're right, oh great PB rep. It's sold out everywhere and a huge success.
    09-27-11 12:45 AM
    Where did the OP go?
    09-27-11 04:57 AM
    Where did the OP go?
    Everyone ripped the poor guy apart. No wonder he left. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pilsbury likes this.
    09-27-11 05:07 AM
    Where did the OP go?
    Back to the warehouse to figure out why RIM can't get rid of those 800k PlayBooks. If they don't sell well, I would think there would be no use for a PlayBook rep anymore...
    Last edited by avt123; 09-27-11 at 02:24 PM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    09-27-11 12:42 PM
    Ouch!!!!!!
    09-27-11 12:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD