Well i wasn't going to do it but.......

Just retired the Z30 ( which i've had since launch ) and I was gonna skip BBRY and switch to a droid phone.

Now I know what your thinking, why dont you get a PRIV, well i've come to this conclusion - I could spend �500+ on an BBRY android phone that runs BBRY apps or I can buy a �120 android and run BBRY apps.

However the more I thought about it the more unhappy i became with the android security model or BBRY's ability to secure something that they don't control, and then I saw somone using a PASSPORT and my mind was made up.

So i'm now the proud owner of a black PASSPORT ( original - didn't like the feel of the SE (call me odd) ) and couldn't be happier.

How has this thing not been taken up by more people ? I thought my trusty Z was/is good but the Passport takes it to another level.

My feelings to BBRY as a company have not changed ( they still can't find their a*** with their own hands ) but I do like BB10.

Cheers
    11-13-15 07:56 AM
    I think the move to Android has caused many BlackBerry users to better appreciate BB10.....

Would have been nice if they had release a Z50 model before they threw in the towel.
    11-13-15 08:04 AM
    I have had my passport since the release.
    Amazing phone. You won't be disappointed. It's solid.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-13-15 08:24 AM
    Well i wasn't going to do it but.......

Just retired the Z30 ( which i've had since launch ) and I was gonna skip BBRY and switch to a droid phone.

Now I know what your thinking, why dont you get a PRIV, well i've come to this conclusion - I could spend �500+ on an BBRY android phone that runs BBRY apps or I can buy a �120 android and run BBRY apps.

However the more I thought about it the more unhappy i became with the android security model or BBRY's ability to secure something that they don't control, and then I saw somone using a PASSPORT and my mind was made up.

So i'm now the proud owner of a black PASSPORT ( original - didn't like the feel of the SE (call me odd) ) and couldn't be happier.

How has this thing not been taken up by more people ? I thought my trusty Z was/is good but the Passport takes it to another level.

My feelings to BBRY as a company have not changed ( they still can't find their a*** with their own hands ) but I do like BB10.

Cheers
    You are a very smart person. I am a proud owner of the Passport SE :-)

  
    lift likes this.
    11-13-15 11:19 AM
    I think the move to Android has caused many BlackBerry users to better appreciate BB10.....

Would have been nice if they had release a Z50 model before they threw in the towel.
    Exactly! For me BB10 rules in communication, security and awesomeness.

  
    hplovecraft and lift like this.
    11-13-15 11:21 AM
    I desperately want a PP SE but much prefer a removable battery especially to get longevity from such a great device. Rockin' the Q10 along with a Z10 for now. I'm also having issues decrypting my media card and I'm big on music so switching to another device is out of the question, very frustrating indeed, I will never encrypt media card. Anybody have any ideas how to decrypt, phone won't allow it since last os update.

Posted via CB10
    LuxuryTouringZone likes this.
    11-13-15 11:26 AM
    I desperately want a PP SE but much prefer a removable battery especially to get longevity from such a great device. Rockin' the Q10 along with a Z10 for now. I'm also having issues decrypting my media card and I'm big on music so switching to another device is out of the question, very frustrating indeed, I will never encrypt media card. Anybody have any ideas how to decrypt, phone won't allow it since last os update.

Posted via CB10
    I too preferred a removable battery until I had my Passport for a few days. When I realized the built in battery in my Passport lasted longer than two batteries on my Z10, I conceded this non-removeable battery was the way to go.

And yes, I accept that some day it will simply start to fail. And yes, I admit I am going to cry when it does.

Posted via CB10
    glamrlama likes this.
    11-13-15 12:58 PM
    I too preferred a removable battery until I had my Passport for a few days. When I realized the built in battery in my Passport lasted longer than two batteries on my Z10, I conceded this non-removeable battery was the way to go.

And yes, I accept that some day it will simply start to fail. And yes, I admit I am going to cry when it does.

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 with one battery lasts longer than a Z10 with an extra battery and I have two batteries for the Q10. I'm all for removable batteries and the LG V10 is looking like decent alternative but I don't like android.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:25 PM
    Um it hasn't been taken up by more people for the same reason any BlackBerry hasn't been taken up by more people. Maybe even more so because of the firm factor.

But, yep it seems those that have love it.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    11-13-15 02:40 PM

Why? So that they could sell a couple hundred units?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:13 AM
    I've owned my passport since two months after launch, and I'm still in love with what it can do. Very happy I went against the grain and bought one

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 01:00 PM
    I really hesitated about the form factor but my wife fell in love with the Passport. So I ended up ordering us both one and retiring our red LE's.

Best. Phone. Ever!

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-14-15 01:13 PM
    Well i wasn't going to do it but....

Cheers
    The BlackBerry Priv is an amazing smartphone although it does take a few days to adjust after using BlackBerry OS 5/6/7 and 10. The virtual keyboard and the physical keyboard work flawlessly and the curved screen is very good when you are swiping near the edges. I am still trying to figure out text selection.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 11:17 PM
    Speaking of fools, the Verge reviewed the new Windows phone and gave it a 6.5. The Passport got a 6.2. But after quickly reading both reviews I think the Verge was much harder on BlackBerry. Plus the Passport evolved to be better with software updates and SE hardware. The Passport is definitely superior to the latest Windows offering imho.

It is a bit real shame that BB10 and Windows 10 for mobile are going down the same road. The curse of the 10?

At least BlackBerry got the Priv. I suspect V2 will be awesome in time for my next upgrade from the awesome passport.

 Passport SE 
    RMRuk likes this.
    11-20-15 11:26 PM

It's too easy to launch Z50 or something powerful with all touch but chen doesn't listen! Just take the Priv screen, pack some good camera and processor and here we go

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 12:03 AM
    Um it hasn't been taken up by more people for the same reason any BlackBerry hasn't been taken up by more people. Maybe even more so because of the firm factor.

But, yep it seems those that have love it.
    Or maybe because many people are on carriers that didn't offer it.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    11-21-15 12:17 AM
    The Passport is quite powerful. Realized about it recently while shooting mails, sms's, listening to radio and browsing the Web effortlessly. Never had such multitasking experience with my former IPhone.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    11-21-15 12:36 AM
    Exactly! For me BB10 rules in communication, security and awesomeness.

  
    hahaha....rules in awesomness, nice one. :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:01 AM
    Well nearly one month in.....

Best phone i've ever had. The keyboard is great, screen is awesome and the speakers are superb.

Don't even notice the size anymore and fits into a trouser/jeans front pocket no problem.

Wish i'd bought it sooner.
    12-07-15 08:06 AM