With all the greatness of the new devices and rightfully so....all I want for Christmas is font styles we had in the older devices

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:23 AM
    I think alot of people miss them. I would like to see them back too!
    10-25-14 09:36 AM
    Yeah that would be cool, also a feature I do not understand why isn't available..

Bold,Italic, and Underline! Why can't BBM have these features, it just allows for a little extra expression and style to your writing.

BB for Life
    carullo likes this.
    10-25-14 11:52 AM
    And I'd like everything to be the same for everyone. No custom icons, no themes, no different fonts, etc. No customization besides the basic ones like wallpaper and ringtones.
    boysontheblock likes this.
    10-25-14 11:54 AM
    NOOO, Ive seen what people do to their phone with font choices. Comis Sans and whatever else they do to butcher the looks of it. Design nightmare is what it looks like to me.
    FrankIAm, itzJustMeh and Vuneu like this.
    10-25-14 11:57 AM
    NOOO, Ive seen what people do to their phone with font choices. Comis Sans and whatever else they do to butcher the looks of it. Design nightmare is what it looks like to me.
    Pic related, I don't want this all over again.
    I want Font styles back!-hellokittycurve.jpg
    10-25-14 12:01 PM
    I for one kind of miss the themes; there were some really clever, unique and aesthetically pleasing ones made by talented folk on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky and hamsterwheel like this.
    10-25-14 12:14 PM
    I remember a time when the folks round these here parts made fun of iOS because of the lack of customization options. Themes used to be a big bragging point for BlackBerry users, but I guess now that BlackBerry don't offer them, some folks don't need them.

I for one love to customize my devices and I find the utter lack of customization options on BB10 to be very disappointing.
    hamsterwheel and LatinoLoco24 like this.
    10-25-14 08:43 PM
    Well, exactly. It's THEIR phone. Not yours. What do you care how they use it. What works for you may not work for everyone else. Personally, the default font style on BB10 is boring.

Posted via Q10RR
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-25-14 08:59 PM
    I remember a time when the folks round these here parts made fun of iOS because of the lack of customization options. Themes used to be a big bragging point for BlackBerry users, but I guess now that BlackBerry don't offer them, some folks don't need them.

I for one love to customize my devices and I find the utter lack of customization options on BB10 to be very disappointing.
    I would love to have a custom theme. I miss that a lot about BBOS.

Posted via Q10RR
    Last edited by Coraya; 10-25-14 at 10:30 PM.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-25-14 09:00 PM
    I would love too have a custom theme. I miss that a lot about BBOS.

Posted via Q10RR
    As do I!

My first mobile development experience was with theme builder. I never sold themes, but I loved making them for myself and friends. And of course I used dozens of themes from the developers on this forum. It was good times.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-25-14 09:03 PM
    I don't understand why people are against choice. If the option to customize is available, either you make use of it or you don't. On BBOS, no one was forced to use themes, or fonts, or whatever. Even on Android or iOS no one is forced. If you want to use stock, use it. But if you like to make YOUR phone how you like it, shouldn't affect anybody . I used to make themes, and use different fonts, because I enjoyed making my phone mine. Not yours, mine.

And for the record I never had Hello Kitty on my phone. There were some classic and gorgeous themes out there. Just saying.
    LatinoLoco24 and zephyr613 like this.
    10-25-14 09:50 PM