RIM only seems to be focusing on TimeShift Camera being able to rewind photos of faces. What about rewinding photos of other things such as sports touchdowns and goals and other magical moments that you could miss using a normal camera?

I mean, look at the NHL... constantly officials need to rewind the video and look at pictures to see if it was a goal or not. Why not show that BB10 can do the same as an expensive professional video camera that television cameramen use? I mean sure the zoom level and quality might not be the same but it's sorta of the same technology as you can rewind and go back except in BB10's case, it's cheaper and more compact.

What if BlackBerry's Superbowl Advertisement was the professional video cameras all blacked out or something at the superbowl and officials couldn't tell if it was a legitimate touchdown then some fan near the endzone saves the day as he captured it using TimeShift camera and was able to rewind to show it it was a legitimate touchdown? I mean they could make the advertisement hollywood style and it would be great.

I mean unless TimeShift camera can only rewind faces........ then it's missing out at so much it could do.
    01-27-13 02:07 AM
    Because anyone else with a phone that has a video recording function can record and then rewind and review the video.

The point of TimeShift camera is to capture the perfect moment by taking a couple of pictures and lets you pick one to choose from.

Also, the timeshift camera lets you shift forwards and backwards for the whole picture, or for a particular face within the picture.

If anything there's too much talk on this timeshift camera feature. I usually want to just take a picture, and go. The timeshift feature takes a couple of photos, so there is a lag time.
    01-27-13 02:14 AM
    Because anyone else with a phone that has a video recording function can record and then rewind and review the video.

The point of TimeShift camera is to capture the perfect moment by taking a couple of pictures and lets you pick one to choose from.

Also, the timeshift camera lets you shift forwards and backwards for the whole picture, or for a particular face within the picture.

If anything there's too much talk on this timeshift camera feature. I usually want to just take a picture, and go. The timeshift feature takes a couple of photos, so there is a lag time.
    Yet most people don't take video recordings at sporting events and other times because it's not the same as having just a picture + it takes up a lot of space. You also have to be recording non-stop when TimeShift can just snap a photo, if you miss the goal for example you can just go timeshift to capture the perfect picture. I mean they use professional video recorders to tell if someone has scored a goal through video functionality when BB10 can do the same thing but through TimeShift picture taking. All they do is talk about timeshifting so you can open someone's eye lids which is cool but there's much more you can use the feature for.
    01-27-13 02:20 AM
    There would be no way a phone camera (even the amazing Lumina 920) can take highspeed distance shots in any quality manner that would be required.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-27-13 05:26 AM
    Would be neat if they integrated super bowl action into the commercial
    01-27-13 06:53 AM
    The timeshift feature only "records" a very short period of time before the shutter button is pressed.
    01-27-13 07:36 AM
    I think it also locks onto a part of the image that is recognized as a face and records only that portion. The circle appears around the face to let you adjust the face area only. I doubt it would work on an entire body with fast movement.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-27-13 08:47 AM
    OP, I think you have a good idea, in theory, but (for reasons already mentioned) the current TimeShift camera just isn't capable of this yet.
    01-27-13 09:13 AM
    Don't forget we also have a "burst" mode, which simply takes a steady stream of still images as long as you are triggering it... For many sporting things where you know something is coming up, that would be about as useful.
    01-27-13 09:29 AM
    This is why some people are setting BB10 up to fail. You're expecting way too much from it. You want the camera to do this a professions sporting camera is capable of? RIM simply can't win if that's the case...
    01-27-13 10:15 AM
    word on that
    01-27-13 10:21 AM
    This is why some people are setting BB10 up to fail. You're expecting way too much from it. You want the camera to do this a professions sporting camera is capable of? RIM simply can't win if that's the case...
    Are you implying that the Z10 will not be able to do micro surgery, turn into a jet helicopter, and do my dishes while lasting four day on a single charge?
    Too little, too late. RIP RIM
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-27-13 11:21 AM